Debate Mansion

Wild Wild Web (Ref:Pg 3)? - Page 6

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

The life in virtual world and the real world cannot remain separate for long. How long can anyone fake rudeness or politeness on the net?

In vitual world or real life, if someone says  "Maybe later..." is a polite way of saying "Never", and "Hold that thought," it's just a polite way of saying ''I'm not interested'',if someone say 'No' directly its true,other person feel its rude, but Is your life depend on others thoughts/comments, then you will stuck, you always think what others thinking about me blah blah things, Let them judge,they always do the same,cos their mind works that way and b4 judge anyone make sure you r better than them, or at least you r not one of them!!😊

Edited by Believe - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I have 3 worlds at least.
Virtual, Real ( so called) and the Dream world.

They are all somehow inter-related and inter-twined.

There are other worlds which I have yet to discover.

This morning our internet at office was down, fortunately my iphone has direct access, so I was safe.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: night13

Welcome to the world wide web where practical philosophy deals with how we make decisions regarding social conduct on the Internet...

-- Should morals and ethics exist on Internet?
-- How is freedom of expression valued on the Internet?

What is the internet but an extension to real life? Both, the virtual and real lives affect each other in more ways than we can often think of. So, if there is a reason why we believe in having morals and ethics in the real world, the same should suffice for having them in the virtual world.
      Talking of freedom of expression, i think it is often more valued on the internet than in the real life. To be chased by stalkers is much more valuable (and fun) than not being listened to.😆
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

The life in virtual world and the real world cannot remain separate for long. How long can anyone fake rudeness or politeness on the net?

Quite long actually. We often fake things in real world also, don't we? Mostly, because of certain incentives. The same can be the reason here.
(P.S. -on another wavelength, i wonder why faking something is not considered a part of someone's "real" nature. Arrey, the same person is faking na, )
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Simply put, real life is the wife
Virtual world is the mistress
😆
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: night13

Welcome to the world wide web where practical philosophy deals with how we make decisions regarding social conduct on the Internet...

-- Should morals and ethics exist on Internet?
-- How is freedom of expression valued on the Internet?

Moral and ethics are personal traits, I don't think its more so relate to the place where the person is, till that person is case with some personality syndrome. Internet gives you wider view of what and how people think in this parallel world. But this definitely needs to be controlled and like any new technology it can be real hazard for coming generations

MagixX thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nuclear energy can be very useful or very harmful, depending on who is using it. 😃