Debate Mansion

Wild Wild Web (Ref:Pg 3)? (Page 5)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

But Aarya, going by this logic, without any morals or ethics guiding the virtual world, the actions of virtual predators will be deemed acceptable. Is that really what you are arguing for? Just because it happens in the virtual world, does not mean that it does not have influence over real life - obviously the emotions and feelings will transfer over into the real world as well.

No, it doesn't need to be fought with others. If we assume that all of us have some sense of a moral standard (high for some and low for others), and we all sticky by that sense of morality, we can ensure that there will be at least level of morality and ethics that will guide us on our online journey. Nobody is deciding for you, but even if half the people that come online behave the same way they would out in the real world, there actions will be guided by at least some principles that will lead others in the right direction.

Oh regarding the scrap: har raat ki subah hoti hai. ;-)

This is where we differ, who will you follow and what direction is right? This is an assumption that all of us would have the same values and we all would march in the same directions (An Ideal Dream)!

The Internet is governed by rules and regulations, which is hidden in the fine prints of all sites. Every site that you are using for material/information purpose is under code of conduct or terms of us which does not value your ethics and morals.

Aarya, in that case, no one should be following in my direction - I am the forum bully! LOL

On a more serious note, I will say that even if half of us choose the wrong direction, there is always a chance that half of them will choose the "right" direction - in that case, there will be at least some sense of balance. But of course you can go philosophical on me and debate over the "right" and "wrong" directions. However, I am somewhat of an idealist, so I will say that there are certain moral guidelines that we can all agree are heading towards the "right" direction.

Silentsoul IF-Sizzlerz
Silentsoul
Silentsoul

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Doe.

Originally posted by kuls11

Morals and ethics actually depend upon personal  choice if they are to be followed or ignored in real or virtual world in one or both. Its individual choice,if they chose to follow it or not.
I don't think freedom of expression is valued anywhere in real world. Its one rule which is written in law but followed rarely. Freedom of expression of sometime curbed sometime misused  in virtual world through cyber bullying.

@Bold: I agree. But up to which extent? There are somethings which are unacceptable no matter how you look at it. Don't you think crossing those limits cannot be justified by saying, "It's a matter of choice" ?? 

I agree Doe, There are 2 forces which govern any individual moral and ethical code of conduct, its either individual's own choice or rules of real or virtual world. Given its real or virtual world, it highly individual choice if they chose to follow actions classified as immoral and unethical or probably as crime. But that extent too is defined by each individual on its own so it's his choice how he defines his actions.  I can be answerable for my behavior as individual not for others if they chose not to follow.

Rules of various virtual medium like IF are meant to keep everyone in limit so that it doesn't remain an individual choice anymore beyond rules limit. Someone having substantial power can question those who crossed that limit. But choice to follow or not follow those rules is again comes back to individual choice. At the end of day we fall into Individual choice bracket only.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Aarya, in that case, no one should be following in my direction - I am the forum bully! LOL

On a more serious note, I will say that even if half of us choose the wrong direction, there is always a chance that half of them will choose the "right" direction - in that case, there will be at least some sense of balance. But of course you can go philosophical on me and debate over the "right" and "wrong" directions. However, I am somewhat of an idealist, so I will say that there are certain moral guidelines that we can all agree are heading towards the "right" direction.

blue-ice.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

and r u kidding me...what in the world made u think I will talk about you...I was talking about people with GOOD writing skills...got itLOL...don't flatter yourself...u are a forum bully ...thats what u are...you called me a hypocrite...u r a bully...and everyone knows that...they may be scared to say that to ur face ...but thats what u are...LOL...now u go report me...LOL...u talk about making indirect comments ...when u r the one doing that all along...and u think people don't get it...everybody gets it...LOL...

Ajnu NEVER reports. NEVER. Tongue  She chews members and mods equally, and then some more.

But then again she is a bully, and will gloat and have all believe that I was whipped. LOL
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by blue-ice

and r u kidding me...what in the world made u think I will talk about you...I was talking about people with GOOD writing skills...got itLOL...don't flatter yourself...u are a forum bully ...thats what u are...you called me a hypocrite...u r a bully...and everyone knows that...they may be scared to say that to ur face ...but thats what u are...LOL...now u go report me...LOL...u talk about making indirect comments ...when u r the one doing that all along...and u think people don't get it...everybody gets it...LOL...

Ajnu NEVER reports. NEVER. Tongue  She chews members and mods equally, and then some more.

But then again she is a bully, and will gloat and have all believe that I was whipped. LOL

haha, you're not a mod Tongue 

*beats rth up with cronies*
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kuls11

I agree Doe, There are 2 forces which govern any individual moral and ethical code of conduct, its either individual's own choice or rules of real or virtual world. Given its real or virtual world, it highly individual choice if they chose to follow actions classified as immoral and unethical or probably as crime. But that extent too is defined by each individual on its own so it's his choice how he defines his actions.  I can be answerable for my behavior as individual not for others if they chose not to follow.

Rules of various virtual medium like IF are meant to keep everyone in limit so that it doesn't remain an individual choice anymore beyond rules limit. Someone having substantial power can question those who crossed that limit. But choice to follow or not follow those rules is again comes back to individual choice. At the end of day we fall into Individual choice bracket only.

No, following IF rules or not are trivial things when compared to the broader picture. I understand you mentioned IF here just as an example..but what about other things? Like, people can use internet to promote many things which are unethical & harmful. I mean, no matter what the choice, we do know what unethical basically means. 
& what about things like terrorism? For example, let's take Osama..in his will, he asked his children not to join al-Qaeda. Why did he do that? B'coz he knew he was at fault. Now, getting into terrorism was his choice, and if it really was about choices, he could have very well justified his cause of joining it, and could have encouraged his children to join it too.

What I mean to say is, everything has it's limits. Even a choice. Not everything can be justified by saying - it's my choice. There is a line you've got to draw, right? 

Silentsoul

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

She chews members and mods equally, and then some more.

No member chews me...mods may be...because...I do listen to the mods when they are talking to me in that capacity...so don't bother abt anyone chewing meLOL

Anyways end of discussion on this from my side...u guys can carry on if u wantTongue
blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

@blue: Are you suggesting that the Internet is the only place which allow you to be yourself vs real life?

Did I suggest that??...where??...I am  the same person in real life as I am in the Virtual world...did u confuse my statement with someone else'sErmm
I don't take any one's BS in real life ...neither do I over here...

Go to top