Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ranbir's doing nothing illegal: Imran

sheee IF-Rockerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

Ranbir's doing nothing illegal: Imran

Madhureeta Mukherjee, TNN | May 27, 2011, 12.39am IST

Imran Khan is in an 'electric' mode. Ready to shock. With his sudden 'naughty boy' image on-screen and fiery quotes off-screen.

Baring his new avatar, this is the Imran we've never seen. Just like the all new avatar of 'Planet Bollywood NEWS', B-town's hottest news show which he unveiled for zoOm – India's Number One Bollywood channel!

After SRK and Salman, you're the hot new loverboy...
I think I'm cast in romantic roles partly because of the way I look, and my age. There's certain age where you fit into those roles, you have to grow up a bit before you can do more serious roles.

So you wouldn't experiment like Ranbir did in Rajneeti? In fact, people felt it was too early for him to play that role?
The first major experiment that I've done is Delhi Belly, which is not a romantic film. Apart from that, most of my work is in the classic commercial Bollywood style. I don't think Ranbir made a wrong choice because Rocket Singh was his third film and he was excellent in it. The film didn't do well commercially but got a lot of critical acclaim. I see absolutely nothing wrong in pursuing such roles if it suits you.

Your brand war with Ranbir made headlines...
We have our brand loyalties, and we endorse rival soft drinks, but that war had started even before we were born. He does more endorsements than me, so I don't think we intrude in each other's space. Even in terms of films, we have our own space, and there's a certain level of respect we have for each other. I know he's never said anything wrong about me, and whenever there's a doubt we talk man-to-man.

Marriage has obviously not affected your popularity?
The top stars in our country are married and there's never been any debate about their popularity. In fact, I believe it adds to your popularity because people see you as loyal. And I wouldn't like to change my real life image, because that's who I am. I've always been open about who I am, whether it's my relationship with Avantika or my friendships. I think people see me as a nice, romantic and dependable guy. They don't see me as a casanova; hence, I get offered a certain kind of roles and brands.

You think Ranbir's single-ready-to-mingle status gets him into media trouble?
That's true, but the fact is that Ranbir is a young star and he's in a position where he can enjoy life. He's not attached to any one person, and if he enjoys life, wine, women...there's nothing bad about it. Ranbir's not doing anything illegal, but if media wants to write about it, you can't stop them. Its unfair to say what he's doing is wrong.

Recently, Salman said that after the Khans, Ranbir and you are the next superstars...
"It's scary because today the three big Khans are still ruling Bollywood, and younger stars like us are trying to catch up with them. Sometime soon, the industry will turn to us and we have to take it forward. It's a big responsibility."

Though Aamir still rates Ranbir as a better actor...
"He had a headstart, yaar. He started one year before me..."

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Omar.-iktaara-Sam_dean4Evalostmymusic.-MOTHER-ruky786fire_gun

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
He's a Kapoor, he has to carry forth the tharki legacy.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Omar.ruky786fire_gunGauahargeous_N

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

PelGirlOmar.-iktaara-Onyx.koolchickSam_dean4Eva-Doppelganger-Gujarmysticgoryfilmsruky786safeplacetoland

Omar. Senior Member
Omar.
Omar.

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Imran's right, he's not doing anything illegal if all his Uncles & grandparents enjoyed their time then why can't he, if he doesn't indulge now while he's young then when will he

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PelGirlOmnipotence

kash4life IF-Rockerz
kash4life
kash4life

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
WHY does EVERY Imran Khan interview have to ALWAYS be based on RanbirLOL

It's very odd, most inteviews Ive read are questions about Ranbir LOL

Having said that, I totally agree with him, Ranbir is hardly comitting a crime by dating alot, I mean its not the norm in India but the if he was in the West no one would even mention it , its such a normal thing to do. He likes girls, he dates girls, He's young...who cares.

koolchickSam_dean4EvaOnyx.-Doppelganger-

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
I agree...let Ranbir be. Everyone makes him out to be some kind of villain...as long as the women he dates knows he is just in it for fun and nothing serious...if both parties are fine why does anyone care? Unless he is cheating on them or playing around with their feelings I don't see the big deal. Anyways by now everyone knows what he is...so I hope girls won't date him thinking he will marry them!

Edited by LifeOLicious - 26 May 2011 at 5:05pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickOnyx.

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged

sheeeLifeOLicious-Mmmmm-fire_gun

Omnipotence IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

hazel94sheeeGauahargeous_Nruky786

Go to top