Posted: 12 years ago
Friends did u noticed in last episode that Toasty screamed at her mom when she said she hd talk to a lawyer/police whatever ..
when similar situation would hv occurred  at the time of Malti .. she agreed what ever her mom told her .. just blindly following on what her mom said ...
if she too had refused to follow her mom ... there would hv been no problem between Malti and Pashu

Parina,
There was already a problem in that relationship so I dont agree with your statement "if she too had refused to follow her mom ... there would hv been no problem between Malti and Pashu "
The family seems to be using the women. As long as the women remain quite undemanding and submissive things are quiet.
Mothers didn't create a problem - the problem was there. In spite of Malti episode nothing changed in that family and they were bossing Toasty around too. They always talk of Tej siding with family or wife. Tej should be shown telling them that she too is family and not an outsider.
My reaction to the latest episode was that Toasty has become like them. She was screaming and behaving badly with her parent. She wants to have  her cake and eat it too!!

And Malti seems to be living in a dreamworld - she thinks she should be with husband if mom had not encouraged her. She cant see that the family behaviour has not improved and they expect a woman to be doing everything they want.

When will women learn? More to life than just marriage!!
Edited by KJLO - 12 years ago
When would Indian parents undrstand they need to shut up when their children is grown up and not interfer.

Did Malati or Toasty ask help from their mothers? If not - they need to keep silent..

Just appreciate they are no longer child and it is their wish how they want to handle it and parent's duty comes only when the child asks for help/support. They should simply   let them know they are there  when required and do nothing more.

There can be 1000 problems in Chaturs house but how it will be handled is entirley Toasty or Malti's choice.. 

I hardly find a difference between Sudha and Malti's mom. Sudha is not being able to do the same as Malti's mom just because two sensible persons Lalit and Toasty are around.

How can she even think of putting Chatur's family in jail without knowing what Toasty wants?

Love is about doing what would make your daughter happy and it is not about taking revenge. 
Edited by akash08 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by akash08

When would Indian parents undrstand they need to shut up when their children is grown up and not interfer.

Did Malati or Toasty ask help from their mothers? If not - they need to keep silent..

Just appreciate they are no longer child and it is their wish how they want to handle it and parent's duty comes only when the child asks for help/support. They should simply   let them know they are there  when required and do nothing more.

There can be 1000 problems in Chaturs house but how it will be handled is entirley Toasty or Malti's choice.. 

I hardly find a difference between Sudha and Malti's mom. Sudha is not being able to do the same as Malti's mom just because two sensible persons Lalit and Toasty are around.

How can she even think of putting Chatur's family in jail without knowing what Toasty wants?

Love is about doing what would make your daughter happy and it is not about taking revenge. 
Well in that case of parents shutting up when their children grow up, I think Chaturs need to learn it the most. Toasty's mom has been quiet graceful for what they have done to Toasty. She tells her to stand up for herself, not ruin Chaturs, where as Malti's mom was all about me me me me, but that doesn't mean Chaturs were right then. Pitaji, Pashu, Dadaji everyone is at fault. I think girls should learn to respect themselves first. Respect is a two way street, so Chaturs you are lucky to have a dumb girl like Toasty who is willing to serve you regardless of the treatment she gets.
hmm I agree with you Parina, I think that regardless if there was a problem or not, she should have the courage to stand up to her mom. She let it happen. I think she realized that too.

Parents do need to back off but I think Sudha is not like Maltis mom entirely. Sudha doesn't live with her saas nor will she have have a bahu so it's hard for her to understand i think. She is irrational at times but aren't we all. And she has people in her life to put her in her place. The whole going to court thing was a stupid move of her part.
Originally posted by KJLO

Mothers didn't create a problem

Well i dont agree.. Before malti left the house it wasnt that bad in chatur pariwar. They might not be ideal but they wwasnt hate towards women. They might not understand what woman needs all the time but they did care for malti.. it was since she left that they went bitter on women. And thats what has gotten them into the indifferent, uncaring attitude of towards toasty and well we did see it change a bit. If the malti-toasty episode hadnt happened i am sure everything would have been fine and so would it be when they would realise that whatever toasty is telling isnt lie or any sort of game planned by malti or her mom..  they would regret it badly and do everthing to win toasty back.

Originally posted by scinerd

Parents do need to back off but I think Sudha is not like Maltis mom entirely. Sudha doesn't live with her saas nor will she have have a bahu so it's hard for her to understand i think. She is irrational at times but aren't we all. And she has people in her life to put her in her place. The whole going to court thing was a stupid move of her part.

well said. Yes the parents are at fault but it was malti's fault rather immaturity too that lead to problem. Had she been mature enough like toasty we would have seen a happy family..

Also unlike malti's mom sudha doesnt understand that she is interfering and whatever she is doing is wrong and she is not cunning like malti;s mom where in all she wants is her daughter to get lots of money and stay away from huge family.. The thing is she thinks toasty yet to be kid and cant see that she is grown up mature woman who can fully take care of herself and others.

Edited by anotheranfan - 12 years ago
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

when similar situation would hv occurred  at the time of Malti .. she agreed what ever her mom told her .. just blindly following on what her mom said ...
if she too had refused to follow her mom ... there would hv been no problem between Malti and Pashu

in that case serial  itself not there.😆
Originally posted by bakwaas100

in that case serial  itself not there.😆

ah why not.. you can still have:

1. Ved - Nikita - Rajan
2. Prachin - DImple
3. Find a new cute girl for Gyan
4. Chhedi can try to marry again
5. Dadaji can trace a lost affair like Dharmendra in "Life in a Metro"
6. Smitha can have issues in her life- Her husband stays far away from her and so nice creative track can be built on that

There are endless characters and end less possibilities in this serial.

Btw - I liked the ending scene yesterday, Toasty and Tej in same frame and in pensive mood. That was so brilliant.. touched my heart.. anyone else liked it?
Edited by akash08 - 12 years ago

ah why not.. you can still have:

1. Ved - Nikita - Rajan
2. Prachin - DImple
3. Find a new cute girl for Gyan
4. Chhedi can try to marry again
5. Dadaji can trace a lost affair like Dharmendra in "Life in a Metro"
6. Smitha can have issues in her life- Her husband stays far away from her and so nice creative track can be built on that

There are endless characters and end less possibilities in this serial.

Btw - I liked the ending scene yesterday, Toasty and Tej in same frame and in pensive mood. That was so brilliant.. touched my heart.. anyone else liked it?

that is what i saying.

story of sbs will be vastly different if court case was not there.and if mathi and tosty in single house there may be some fight between these two instead of  pashu ruining everything like now.
ofcourse I fully agree
Malti's personality is very weak infront of her mother ..
is only following with saying yes no .. right wrong..