Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ash bcoms 1st actress 2 demnd share in film profit

Xx_fehmida_xX thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan becomes first Indian actress to demand share in film profits

Heroes in Bollywood demand for their share of profits from films. It seems Aishwarya Rai is all set to change the rules in the industry. The buzz is that Ash has slashed her remuneration price and instead has demanded a share in the profit of her upcoming film Heroine. Madhur Bhandarkar, who is making the film is known for making tight budget films.

UTV Motion Pictures along with Bhandarkar Entertainment, director Madhur and the lead stars of Heroine have taken a conscious decision to stick to a budget of Rs 18 crore.

We know that Fashion, starring Priyanka Chopra and Kangna Ranaut, was made in less than Rs 15 crore. But, with Ash and Arjun Rampal in the lead a budget of Rs 18 crore is certainly a limited amount. So, what we learnt is that Ash and Arjun have decided to slash their fee.

Instead, they will be sharing the profits of the film. They are confident of Heroine's prospects at the box office. UTV, is certain that the film will do great business and thus they are assured that they can divide the profits with Ash and Arjun. The film is slated to go on the floor on June 8.

Edited by Xx_fehmida_xX - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I'm sure she isn't first one. If so good, every actress should do it! 😉
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Good news... oder actress shud also do dis...👏

TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If this isnt just a rumor then i only encourage it, if heroes can reap the rewards of film profits why shouldnt heroines? Go go goo.
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
she is following salman khan's steps

btw dont like this pic of her
.Alluring. thumbnail
if the actor can do it then why not her? go aishu :P
Well that makes sense since she's not doing the movie at her standard fee...Jennifer Garner did the same thing for Juno and got lucky😉
_rose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Good for... Aishu 😉 

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Go Aishu. I hope others follow too and show some women power! It's about time heroines show these actors they are as important as them when it comes to entertainment. And they deserve to get paid the same money.
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I agree lensa...actresses should make just as much as the males...Go Aishu!!! Make us proud and hopefully it trickles out for others too!!!!!

So happy!