Gulaal

Neil's expressive best:Kesar revolts against Gulal

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

It was a partially dull episode.  The modesty while apologizing to the lady, the anxiety about Gulaal leaving, the naivety in Kesar who gets influenced by Raman and manipulated by the likes of JK  were portrayed by Neil with credibility.

Kesar was lost in his worries, lost his temper at one of those women for a blunder, quickly realized, and aplogised too.Just to revolt against Dushyant, Kesar is showing support to Ramanba without thinking for a minute why on earth was he sent to jail.

We had a glimpse of young Kesar when Kesar panics with "Kahan jaa rahi hai Gulaal". He was hurt that Gulaal did not tell him that she was leaving. Still he wants to drop her home. He was surprised when she refused and got all the more angry and hurt when she said Dushyant would accompany her. Kesar has fallen in JK's trap for the moment. First he went into demanding mode as suggested by her that has forced Gulaal to distance herself from him further, and then he is confused listening to JK's allegation that Gulaal is responsible for the rift between the two brothers.

Worth watching was when the rest of the family is busy discussing the election issue, Kesar was fuming at Gulaal for her decision to leave. Gulaal did notice that anger. Kesar's silence and his eyes asked more questions and sought more answers about her decision to go to her "maayka". Inconsiderate to his feelings, when she joined their conversation in defense of Dushyant, Kesar was all the more furious at her.

He is so confused. Almost all are playing with Kesar's emotions. The guy finally was pushed to take the wrong step. He decided to support Raman just because he is not able to see beyond the fact that Gulaal gives importance to the guy whom he believes is responsible for his brother's death and due to his confusion regarding the "alleged affair" being the reason.

To win the woman he loves or not, at least for his own good, Kesar has to grow up. I was too surprised at the way Gulaal told in the precap "Yeh Kesar hai, Kesar!! As if her mother passed an absurd adult comment about a "teeny-weeny sweet 5-month old just-into-solid foods" child.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

At this moment I would say that Kesar deserves someone better who helps and supports him as he makes mistakes and can help him grow up along with herself. At this rate, Kesar would lose his individuality in his attempt to become Vasant-like. Here when I say Vasant like, I mean to say to shoulder responsibilities. Kesar is young to take on family burden, support Gulaal's sainthood plans and the welfare of the whole village.

More than Gulaal, I am astounded by his father. He sent away a 12-year old boy to hostel. To me it appeared like he was being sent to Juvenile rehabilitation centre. Or that's what Motabha sounded like. He prowled at night near his DIL's room to see the child Kesar sleeping beside her. When he saw that the child had turned over his side and accidentally landed his feet on Gulaal, it was MB's mind which was pervert and decided that the option would be best to separate them.

And all of a sudden, he expects the child to return to village, manage the factory,manage the instituition in Vasant's name, control his anger(??like a saint and not have the youthful zest), be civil to all, treat Gulaal with respect, never question about Deeyarvatu, lend an ear to his own (Motaba's) philosophy, play music to soothe his(Motaba's) tired heart, have no say in his choice for marriage and without a murmur or protest, get married to Talli as chosen by the family and live happily everafter with all special Kodak moments.

Why am I frustrated today.

Edited by MeySimi - 12 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
LOL I was frustrated too but I think that partly maybe to do with pace of the episode when I was expecting it to be really good. Nevermind I guess!

I know the 'Gulaal doesn't deserve Kesar' line would come in somewhere but as I said before, one of the protagonists will have to take the slack so the tension builds. Personally, I don't feel its about deserving right this moment. Its just the place Gulaal is at. As much as we all want Gulaal to fall for Kesar, how can she show positive signs towards someone she had seen as a kid?

But the tension between them is a start and now and again we will get frustrated at both of them.
sharneil92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
meysimi, i officially fell in love with ur analysis. πŸ˜³
Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wonderful post meysimi do anyone mind if i smack gulaal ...she has irritated me to no heights...i mean she is scared fearful for her possible relations with kesar so she did what a worst a protogonist do ...run living poor girl in the hands of hurt and angry kesar ...she knows kesar is all tallified these days ( i mean drunk ) he even lost himself while talking to gulaal he is in so much anger and frustration as a guardian i can never push talli in such condition gulaal has to stay and found the actual reason as she is strong lady not a cry baby the condition has arised due to her decision of remaining saint  forever she has played with kesar life ( no still i believe she protect herself from D but in turn spoiled kesar life ) now knowingly kesar is not attracted to talli still pushing talli too much ...rather concentrate on whats going in kesar mind not for kesar sake for talli sake  now y she is ruining talli life suddenly i m feeling for talli (ok i m being stupid ) as gal is started to sense trouble but again gulaal is building false hopes its fine u dont love kesar but y the hell u r planting love seeds in talli mind now also...!
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I still say Gulaal is acting in a natural in the sense panicky, and shaken alittle and, denying it and avoiding him and esp since he rather being demanding (which maybe has left her somewhat wary), it will be interesting to see if at any moment certain feelings would grow from Gulaal's side, now that they have this tension and barrier between them up and i dont see Kesar leaving her alone as such and so on, still longing for her and yearning for her but still in a subtle anger mood along with it

Looks like Gulaal is doing what Kesar was kinda doing when he came back, avoiding her and so on lol

Maybe Gulaal needs this getting away to give some kind of realization/acknowledgement to her feelings and just being around the house and around Talli would not help esp from Talli, coz seeing Talli just would remind her of the promise she has made and so on

I totally get why Kesar gets wounded up, in a way she chose D over him to drop her off (as we know it wasnt the case, already decided before) and then talking about D and so on, no wonder he riles up and JK isnt helping at all lol
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
Neil-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: arti07

wonderful post meysimi do anyone mind if i smack gulaal ...she has irritated me to no heights...i mean she is scared fearful for her possible relations with kesar so she did what a worst a protogonist do ...run living poor girl in the hands of hurt and angry kesar ...she knows kesar is all tallified these days ( i mean drunk ) he even lost himself while talking to gulaal he is in so much anger and frustration as a guardian i can never push talli in such condition gulaal has to stay and found the actual reason as she is strong lady not a cry baby the condition has arised due to her decision of remaining saint  forever she has played with kesar life ( no still i believe she protect herself from D but in turn spoiled kesar life ) now knowingly kesar is not attracted to talli still pushing talli too much ...rather concentrate on whats going in kesar mind not for kesar sake for talli sake  now y she is ruining talli life suddenly i m feeling for talli (ok i m being stupid ) as gal is started to sense trouble but again gulaal is building false hopes its fine u dont love kesar but y the hell u r planting love seeds in talli mind now also...!

So well said Arti...exactly my sentiments alsoπŸ‘πŸ‘.
Sadia.khan thumbnail
yaar sachi mein, gulal ko kabie kesar se pyar bhi hoga...😑