India-Forums

Lata speaks her mind

Simz786 IF-Rockerz
Simz786
Simz786

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Lata speaks her mind

STARONE.IN

In STAR Plus' Maayke Se Bandhi Dor, Lata Pawar only wants money and nothing else from her bahu, Avani. Playing the money minded, shrewd sasuma is veteran actress Rohini Hattangdy.

STARONE.IN

In a chat, she talks about why Lata is so money minded, always taunts her daughter-in-law and her return to television.

How has the experience been playing Lata in Dor?

It is nice to play a different character on television. I am enjoying the character of Lata. I believe every character whether bad or good, has a certain amount of dignity. With each episode, I am enjoying playing Lata more and more.

How would you describe your character? And how would you justify your actions towards an unsuspecting Avani?

I am middle class Maharashtrian housewife who has lots of ambition and dreams. My only aim to get money - by any means. My husband used to be just a clerk who concentrated on work and believed in honesty, so he was not able to earn any extra money. His inept attitude affected my dreams of having a luxurious life and riches. Avani's wish to help her mother and family financially after marriage is good, but I feel being a daughter-in-law, her responsibility is to look after this house first. I don't think my behaviour with Avani is wrong.

You support Bhaskar and even instigate him against Avani. Do you not want him to enjoy a happy marriage? Do you think Bhaskar is right in his behaviour?

I want both of them to enjoy their marriage. Mujhe Bhaskar ko joru ka ghulam nahi banana hain and that's why I always try to tell Bhaskar to keep Avani under control. He is my son and he should always do what I say and work towards my happiness.

What sets apart you from the other mother-in-laws on television?

I am very money minded and manipulative in my words and thoughts which is what sets me apart from other mother-in-laws on television. I am very vocal and in your face which most saas on tv today aren't.

Why do you dislike Avani so much?

I dislike everything Avani does. I don't approve when she runs to her family members and tries to help them, ignoring our needs. After marriage we are her responsibility and not her aai and siblings. Moreover, she is not enthusiastic about going to her sister-in-law's house but when her boss calls her to his house, she readily agrees. This means hamari to koi keemat hi nahi hain.

What steps are you planning to take in order to control Avani?

I am going to comment about everything she does and not let a single episode slip by. I will taunt, bully and intimidate her every single minute. In the upcoming episodes, audiences will find out how I will make her life miserable, so don't forget to watch.

Will you ever accept Avani as your daughter-in-law?

Not easily. At this point in time, I have no idea but I will treat her with dignity she deserves when she decides to give her salary to me and not her aai. Moreover, now that Manohar and Abha have started earning, there is no need for her to give her earnings to them.

What kind of response have you got from the audiences for your role?

Thankfully I am getting good feedback from family and friends as they like my character a lot. Audiences sometime find me very funny, they especially love the way I talk to Avani or my husband. But at same time, some of them also have advised me not to harass Avani so much.

This is your return to television after a hiatus, what made you choose this role?

Actually this is my first negative role on tv. I haven't done such a role on television and this character is very alive and vocal. Her negativity evokes laughter and I love doing a different kind of negative role as mother-in-law on TV.

Don't forget to watch Lata Pawar every Monday to Friday in Maayke Se Bandhi Dor at 8.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KK_1234shmuupiearunima_LUIT

nb.neha IF-Rockerz
nb.neha
nb.neha

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
so she will be making avni's lif even more hell...hmmm...gooosh. 
lots to see...hope avni comes out unscathed. 
arunima_LUIT IF-Rockerz
arunima_LUIT
arunima_LUIT

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Kudos to Rohini jee ...grt acting Clap

OMG I hate ppl like Lata Angry

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index