Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Runjhun's reaction To Guddu: What the Heck?

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, How can this show be ending?

What the Heck was RJ's reaction to Guddu today?

Today we see the RJ is STILL very uncomfortable with the issue of being touched by Guddu. She looked horrified when she woke up. If you watch the scenes, it is very much of a girl that is petrified of what occurred. Her disheveled appearance, her broken bangles, twisted bed sheets all make it seem that  from her point of view what may have happened to her was  a little forceful and definitely against her will. The camera shot lingers on her reaction for quite a long time. For a show that is ending, it is interesting that the  story is still being told in this manner. Instead of waking up  in her bedroom that she shares with her husband, I am reminded of a girl that wakes up in a stranger's bed after a night of partying. Anyone would pity the look on RJ's face.

So their basic point  that is brought up again and again in this show is still THERE. She does not trust Guddu and worries that he tried to touch her against her will. She DOES not think he acted like a gentleman last night. Why is that her assumption? Why would she still think that when her defenses her down he tried to have sex with her? After all she has been sleeping in the same room with this guy for 25 days and he has never tried anything. Does she really think that he had sex with her while she is unconscious?

That is odd no? Guddu as presented to us appears to have a code of honor, has never molested women, etc. How could she even think that in her inebriation, he would take advantage of her? I assume RJ is a virgin, what kind of sicko would molest a girl sexually while the girl is unconscious? Does she not know Guddu any better by now? Would any real man want his first experience with any woman to be like that, let alone your wife? Just because she imagines that in her inebriation that she threw herself at him, does she think that he took full advantage of her?  Is the man still an animal in her eyes? I think she believes that Guddu has quite a bit of experience with women, but still?

Notice there is no secret delight at the possibility that  she and her husband broke down the barriers that were between them last night in an unspoken way.  She is absolutely NOT READY for physical intimacy with Guddu at this point. Her reaction to a sexual touch from him is fear and the feeling of coercion

She still has  no basic trust and no physical desire yet in that way for Guddu. The show is ending but from RJ's POV we are back to square 1.

What the heck? Is it me, or is this show still kicking? They are  not shying away from the real issues between these two
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pranganga thumbnail
I absolutely agree with what u are trying to put in his topic.  The suspicion which she is having on guddu that he would have taken advantage of her is really abrupt.  At times we have to admit that guddu is a gentleman and he is looking out for runjun's love.  She does have a feeling towards him, but i am not clear about the characterization that why runjun is not ready for a physical intimacy with guddu.  But any way one thing which you pointed out is right, looking at these things i dont feel this show would end that easily.  But there is so much of tangles which the CVs are finding  very hard to solve. once that is done, the show will flow like a clear water.
Dhanujp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@JP
Good post. I would like to ask 1 question, wat is missing here. It's not trust, understand, feeling, be gentalman or other anythings. No matter if that was for 25 days or 25 months or 25 years, A girl never want to be touched even by her husband, when there is no LOVE. ( note : not the same thing wat a guy feels )

LOVE makes it all. Here Runhjun knows that she loves him, she is unaware of Guddu love towards her. Same way Guddu knows he loves her but he does not know if she loves him. Here love is not trust. Guddu said that he would lose the challenge god her ( only if she loves him) once he felt that there is no love for him he left angrily. Same thing she believe that Guddu does not her love. That y she did not want him to touch her. She feels what Guddu leaves her if she loses the challenge. Now that they have all emotions told & shown to eachother. The only thing is their LOVE to be expressed to each other. Which is on there way :)

So both are right. No one is wrong neither Guddu nor Runhjun

Hope you agree...

edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ jpalagrawal- Interesting post.  Man, where do I start w/my reply😆

I don't really blame Runjhun for reacting the way she does in the morning and I'm not gonna get into why but w/thinkin' about this topic u posted, I really do wonder- maybe, just maybe this show is gonna get more time on air.  As we have seen in the precap, Guddu is again misunderstanding her.  I heard that "Sangini" is gonna go off air next week.  Maybe Sangini will go off air next week & Bhagonwali won't.  So far I haven't heard any news about Bhagonwali goin' off air next week except in the article that appeared today on the forum.  I don't know about this article, it might be partly bogus.  Although I don't want this show to get taken off air, I rather have it end by the end of June then next week.          
Edited by edabella - 12 years ago
Gunjhun thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You know, I applaud each and every members for still being active. THis is dedication guys! We all love BBAT and will continue to do so till the last day! Whether in a week, a month or a year! You guys are rocking, support all the way!
munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

After the last two days of at ease episodes and Guddu's declaration that " Hum tumko bout acchi tarah se jante hai" I just did not understand how this trust issue creeps up! Runjhun on one side acts and behaves with Guddu like they are leading a happy married life on the other hand she doubts him. Its ok not to feel comfortable to take their relationship to the next level right now.. but I guess Runjhun had known Guddu  that much to understand that he will never do anything as such.

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well I wonder if the Mammis will tell RJ that they saw Guddu kissing her?
I think that will really throw RJ off

If she asks Guddu, what happened, he will be insulted and angry. Yesterday's dancing scene when she was dancing for him did remind me of the unresolved dance-bar issue that was between them. She thinks and has said that it is those kind of women that turn him on and that she can never be like that. Well, in her recollections, she may indeed have become that woman. She does not trust that Guddu did not make a move on that. WOW.

Yes RJ still very much doubts Guddu. And Guddu doubts her too. I have to admit the calendar did appear calculating to me too. I  mean he does not know that she is dreading him leaving. So in his eyes, she is all about the challenge. That was an effective touch
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Read the posts and thinking what enrgy and emagination inthe Forum! High Five folks.
The way I saw the show it should go on and I think It will. Otherwise we make a secret socity of BBAT like people have of Tolkin. Thus keeping alive BBAT.
I have some thoughts about R waking upp and being in doubt. If I would bring up the precap where she says five days are remining and she will change him she is dressed and ready to eat him alive. I think she wants to know wether he is going to die in 30 days or survive. After those thirty days she vill build up her life. Becuse then she knows that it was prbably M&Ms who had a finger and perhaps confinde to amma about it. And since amma knows of real kundli she had not botherd to tell R that she is not manglik off course for her owmn safety and sake but still.
For me todays episode was a great hope. Hope that the show will go on and I will keep on sending emails to people to telecast it till the end.
princessonline thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Runjhun kind of has feeling for Guddu but she doesn't want to get intimate with him quite yet because

1) She doesn't know he loves her. We all know for a fact that Guddu loves Runjhun and is really attracted to her. Which explains why he kissed her in today's episode but she doesn't. She doesn't even know she loves Guddu. However, the CV's are throwing in scenes here and there which kind of prove that she's kind of getting some feelings for him but not too much.
2) Since Runjhun does not know that Guddu loves her, she thinks it's a challenge and after 30 days Guddu will either change or stay the same. With that being said I don't think she wants to get intimate with someone knowing that she will not be with that specific person for so long. I feel bad for Guddu but I know if I was in Runjhun's position I would probably do the same. Guddu is no less than a stranger for her. They are married to the world but behind doors they are two people who haven't really gotten to know each other.
Now I am going to contradict myself.

I agree with you on the part where you say Guddu's touch still makes her feel uncomfortable. I don't understand why she does not want Guddu touching her at ALL! I mean if it was Abhigyan she really wouldn't mind? I mean she was really close to him and she would let him touch her (well not like that of course but she didn't get disgusted she would actually be shy and be happy about it later) but when it's Guddu she hates it. Maybe because he has done so much to her, and how everyone was pointing fingers at her a questioning her chastity when she was with Guddu one whole night. I guess she's still scared from that night and is not ready to let go of what happened. I can kind of understand why the CV's are showing her being so indifferent with Guddu.

Riya 
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely post - will comment after i see the episode tonight.