Ostracizing Rupal : Very unfair

Posted: 12 years ago
The story of Rupal Virani touches my heart and makes my blood boil .

Manhar and Jyotsna constantly berate her and lay guilt trips on her as if she has done a BIG CRIME for having different goals ...other than being poor .

It seems wanting to be rich is a BIG CRIME in this serial . Wanting to be an entrepreneur is a sin . The professions that are 'GOOD" are ...teaching or becoming a 'SACHA" government official .

Rupal Virani dared to dream different . She faces the same fate IMV faced by his parents . Getting ostracized by family .

Sonal's so called dream was supported tremendously by her parents . Yet they frown down on Rupal's dream of becoming a  succesful businesswoman . Why ? Who says that one dream is noble and the other isn't ? Who decides that ? Manhar and Jyotsna ?

Siddarth's dream of becoming an artist gets sympathy . But Rupal's ambition of doing something different from the life her family offered her is regarded as PAAP . Why ? Just like Sonal and Siddarth dreamed of something different inspite of being in a rich household , Rupal too dreamt something different inspite of having middle class values thrust on her all the time . Is that a crime ?

Her uncle offered her his guidanceand support . He was happy to groom her and she was happy to get groomed . Her parents could NEVER give her that exposure .Here a close relative from her immediate family was offering it to her , why shouldn't she take it ?

If Devki could take on BB's business and accept IMV as a guru by reading his books like Eklavya , why cannot Rupal take the opprtunities given to her ?

Devki's dream of becoming a succesful businesswoman was applauded by Manhar and Jyotsna . Why ? Was it LOVE for Devki ...a relatively unknown girl btw , or was it coz she was standing AGAINST IMV ?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

But the same Manhar and Jyotsna frown down on Rupal's dream , saying she is materialistic ! Why ? Coz she is not standing AGAINST IMV ?

So Manhar and Jyotsna DO appreciate businesswomen , but only when they stand AGAINST IMV .

Coz Devki is definetely pursuing a materialistic goal ...one doesn't want to take business to heights to become a SADHU .

Manhar and Jyotsna squirmed when Rupal left their house to join her Mota Kaka . But they have no problems instigating the bahu of MOta Kaka . In short , they have no qualms stirring trouble in MOTA KAKA"s household by pitting his bahu against him .

So what shud Rupal do ? Leave her dream of becoming businesswoman and become munciplality school teacher like Sonal ?

Undoubtedly teaching is a noble profession , one of the greatest .But is wanting to be a businesswoman any less noble ? Is wanting to be a share market genius or ruling the corporate world a crime ?

Rupal has explained once that she did not come back only for the rich lifestyle .She came back to learn a lot from her uncle .

What Manhar and Jyotsna have done by constantly rejecting her advances of love and laying sarcastic guilt trips on her is nothing short of MEAN and PETTY .

Was not Manhar staying under his rich brother''s roof for so many years ?

Did Manhar really follow government protocol to the hilt when he ran behind Devki huffing and puffing to tell her not to miss the meeting at the airport ? Was he apprising other applicants in this same way ?

Seeing that two of his family members r in the bidding , Manhar cud have very well excused himself from the commitee saying it is inappropriate for him to be on this commitee as either decision he takes would reek of favoritsm .Did he do that ? Did he do the APROPRIATE SACHA thing ?

No . He stayed put and favoured the novice bahu as he too was itching to teach his arrogant brother a lesson .

We viewers know that IMV put Manhar in jail . But Jyotsna has no prrof . All she has is a suspicion . Yet she did not hesitate to give an interview to that tabloid journalist Viraj who is clearly doing YELLOW JOURNALISM .

He is using journalism fo a personal MAKSAD . Its not neutral at all , is it ? And journalists r not really supposed to do that .

what Viraj did was use the perfect opprtunity to reveal himself and use Jyotsna to get back at IMV .

He is as much a USER as IMV . And Jyotsna who flung Rupal out is NO LESS .

I don't approve of IMV's deeds but I feel zero sympathy for Manhar and especially Jyotsna .

Edit Add : The episode yesterday showed that the slander articles were published without knowledge of Jyotsna or Sonal . So I take back that part . But I still maintain it was careless and thoughtless of Jyotsna to vent out with the door open . I felt extremely happy with Sonal for giving Viraj his due .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago

how right u r koolsadu ,πŸ‘ i feel really sad 4 rupal.

just because she chose to follow in imv footsteps and wants to become a businesswoman, she is getting insults from her parents.
i have zero sympathy for manhar and jyotsna,
they can understand sonal ambitions but not rupal's😑bhagwan bachaye aise parents se
they just cant digest that that rupal has chosen a diff path,
and u r ight abt manhar, the way he went and stopped devki and gave her the contract, it cetainly looks like he wanted to teach his brother a lesson
i dont thik d deserved that contract however good her speech might be,yaa she spoke well but imv has loads of experience behind him ,plus bb company had gone bankrupt, why would anyone want to give that contract to such a company
 but manhar gave it to her

anmol  , iF Manhar was perfectly following Motilal Master's teachings , the moment he saw that he was gonna be on a commitee in which he wud face not one but TWO of his family members as the applicants , he shud ideally have gone to his superiors and asked them to excuse him as EITHER decision of his wud reek of favoritism and give fodder to the media .

But he did NOT . He purposefully stay put and RN behind Devki to halt her from going to her honeymoon , personally on the airport .

Commitee members r NOT supposed to break government  rules like that .Its NOT ethical . A number of people had applied earlier , was Manhar going to all and sundry ensuring they wud be on time for the application ?

It does look as if he had decided to give the contract to Devki and break his brothers ego all along .

Im not saying he REALLY did it , but it DOES look that way only .And Only Manhar is responsible for this mess .

What was IMV ...a business SHARK , supposed to do ...take this loss of crores and crores of rupees Lying down just coz his younger bro put his foot in his way ?

People get nasty if even a hundred rupee note is witheld from them .Here it was millions and billions .

Had Manhar opted not to be on the commitee at all , none of this wud have happened .

What IMV did is indeed wrong only . But Manhar used his bahu to get back at him .

Silently backing the bahu of a brother or sister that u don't get along with is POLITICS .

Except for that flamboyant speech , What did Devki have ?BB 's reputation had sunk in business circles .Only one Financer .

as against that , an established group like Vaibhav Group was sidelined ...why ? Due to MANHAR's influence .

Anmol , Manhar brought this on himself .

His partiality towards his daughter sonal and Disgst for Rupal astounds me .

Wanting to be rich and a businesswoman is not a crime at all . And if an uncle , with whom she grew up anyways is giving her opportunity , why not take it .It wud be foolishness to refuse it .People wud DIE to learn business underAmbanis or Birlas .

I find Manhar and Jyotsna Highly judgemental .I wonder why Sri krishna BAA is not pulling them up in the matter of Rupal .

Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

anmol  , iF Manhar was perfectly following Motilal Master's teachings , the moment he saw that he was gonna be on a commitee in which he wud face not one but TWO of his family members as the applicants , he shud ideally have gone to his superiors and asked them to excuse him as EITHER decision of his wud reek of favoritism and give fodder to the media .

But he did NOT . He purposefully stay put and RN behind Devki to halt her from going to her honeymoon , personally on the airport .

Commitee members r NOT supposed to break government  rules like that .Its NOT ethical . A number of people had applied earlier , was Manhar going to all and sundry ensuring they wud be on time for the application ?

It does look as if he had decided to give the contract to Devki and break his brothers ego all along .

Im not saying he REALLY did it , but it DOES look that way only .And Only Manhar is responsible for this mess .

What was IMV ...a business SHARK , supposed to do ...take this loss of crores and crores of rupees Lying down just coz his younger bro put his foot in his way ?

People get nasty if even a hundred rupee note is witheld from them .Here it was millions and billions .

Had Manhar opted not to be on the commitee at all , none of this wud have happened .

What IMV did is indeed wrong only . But Manhar used his bahu to get back at him .

Silently backing the bahu of a brother or sister that u don't get along with is POLITICS .

Except for that flamboyant speech , What did Devki have ?BB 's reputation had sunk in business circles .Only one Financer .

as against that , an established group like Vaibhav Group was sidelined ...why ? Due to MANHAR's influence .

Anmol , Manhar brought this on himself .

His partiality towards his daughter sonal and Disgust for Rupal astounds me .

Wanting to be rich and a businesswoman is not a crime at all . And if an uncle , with whom she grew up anyways is giving her oppurtunity , why not take it .It wud be foolishness to refuse it .People wud DIE to learn business underAmbanis or Birlas .

I find Manhar and Jyotsna Highly judgemental .I wonder why Sri krishna BAA is not pulling them up in the matter of Rupal .

I agree with your points.. to a larger extent.. loads of your arguments are legit. .Manhar would have done himself a favor by staying out of this whole deal.. but the DHARM ka KEEDA as they say.. undid him.. and I really don't think he had any malice to use his position against IMV as such.. but then that's me.. 

now about Rupal.. I do empathize with her and find her parent's treatment harsh.. heck even Baa the idealist one has a softer stand on it. .you know why.. ok this is hard for me to explain but I guess I am speaking my mom's language.. coz they are PARENTS.. yes  I have observed and had long discussions with my mom about this. .how parents have different standards for their own child vs the rest of the world (in this case devki vs rupal) and my mom was pretty darn honest in her take. .she told me.. that parents-child relationship is maybe one that always strips you of objectivity.. Case in point when you don't meet a parental expectation a parent can come in way of your dreams even if they had suffered the same.. IMV crushing Viabhav's love life after having suffered a simliar loss.. 

A child can offend a parent very easily with their actions.. an outsider may or may not.. And in this case If I may point out.. I wanna say M/J are not against Rupal's aspiration but her behavior once they left the house may have made Manhar feel that his own child doesn't think his convictions to be worthy.. that can hurt.. and more than the intent.. the way she left the house and it was revealed to them via news channels etc.. was rather impersonal.. as if the child somehow disowned them.. again very offensive.. to them.. maybe that's why they lose sight of objectivty.. and are extra harsh on her.. venting out all sorts of frustration on her.. 

So while I can't really say I side with M/J I wont say I have zero empathy for them.. coz I am trying to see them as parents.. and trying real hard. .coz I have no idea what it is to be one.. like my mom tells me maybe once every week when we speak over the phone..πŸ˜† So yeah I really think they feel humiliated and let down by Rupal.. no wonder u hear J go on n on about how Rupal regards her kaka kaki more than them.. its plain insecurity and possessiveness..  I don't think they discriminate between their children.. just as Baa doesn't btw Manhar and IMV.. although she relates to one's conviction better than the other... 

Summary being.. all of your points make sense.. but I can't bring myself to judge parents.. coz they mean well.. no matter what..
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
 but I can't bring myself to judge parents.. coz they mean well.. no matter what..

Its not a question of judging parents ...sonali , I find them hypocritical . As individuals . They do a lot of things that they accuse IMV of . They r being equally controlling actually ...as controlling as IMV is . At least IMV doesn't hide it ...he rather feels he is ENTITLED to that control . But these guys ?
They r doing same forcing on Rupal as IMV did with Sid . I have NOT seen Manhar sitting and talking to her and trying to understand her POV or what SHE wants in life . Its Sonal Sonal Sonal all along . [ just as its Vaibhav VaiBhav Vaibhav with IMV .}. The worst part is they r punishing her EMOTIONALLY as they don't have IMV's financial clout or control . Thats the ONLY control they have , and they r not hesitating to use it fully to PUNISH her . For What ??? For Wanting something different in life ?
She is by nature a practical girl . She wants the good life . The man who is giving it to her , is a second father of sorts ...she knows him since childhood coz she grew up with him  Her very own uncle .. Why shud Manhar and Jyotsna feel this betrayed ? Infact as PARENTS they shud be wondering where THEY went wrong ...coz Rupal suddenly got up and took this decision . What did they miss ? In their Sonal adulation they had missed totally on what Rupal was trying to say , hadn't they ?
Jyotsna's tirade was vicious . She lashed out like a CAT at her daughter and clawed her where it hurt her most .
The Decent thing to do wud be to stay out of Devki and IMV's tussle .  But They didn't .Like CHUPARUSTOMS they encouraged Devki silently all along . They feel so bad about IMV luring their daughter away but have no qualms backing up his bahu against him or being extra friendly to BB and accepting HIS charity to rub it in IMV's face as they know how much BB is a sore point with him .

If one notes , They have been friendly to ALL who r IMV's enemies . BB , [ Manhar cud have easily found another rental apartment } Devki and now Viraj .

Won't be surprised if Viraj marries that Sonal to get back at IMV and to moon over Rajvi .He seems to be a very Pakka guy .

Agreed.. When I said they lost sight of objectivity as parents.. that's what I meant.. that they did not see through things better wid their daughter that differed.. and also as individuals.. they are not epitomes.. they carry their own baggage.. but like I said.. I am not defending them.. in any way.. for their behavior with anyone.. but at the same can sorta see where they come from.. have seen people like this before.. wont berate IMV for his strong  stands.. neither will I judge MJ based on that.. I just take them at face value.. and look at a holistic picture
Btw guys i added an Edit add .

I lOVED it when Sonal gave Viraj good . Whatever he is doing is highly unethical ...its SLANDER . If IMV sues him his paper will shut down . Journalists are NOT syupposed to do that .
@koolsadhu1000

Hi. Good write up! 😊 
Thought to share my views regarding this too. 
Yea, you are right.! If they are talking about giving freedom, then why not give the same to Rupal, and let her accomplish her dreams?

Although I have watched all episodes on youtube, could you please point out where did Rupal say that she actually wants to do business in Vaibhav Group? Maybe I missed it 😊.
I have never seen her work in the business, Nor does she go to college. 
What I presume is that Manhar and his family have already faced a LOT staying under the shadow of IMV. Although IMV must have never insulted them right in the face before Sonal's issue, everyone knows IMV's behaviour. And maybe, Rupal willing to leave her parents and stay with IMV, made them feel really bad as parents. She was THEIR daughter, and it really looked like she ditched them, as they were not able to provide her a good future. 
I know Sonal's idea of teaching in a Municipal is not the BEST, but to each his own. Maybe she is happy with that. 
As for Manhar, I don't think they Love poverty, but neither do they like such riches which make you forget your parents apart from your family. IMV is always egoistic. Even when he wants Baa to stay with him, it's more to do with he HAVING his mother WITH HIM. Other than that, he has never backed out of his plans just for respecting his mother. He convinced her that his intentions of getting Devki married to Vaibhav were absolutely pure, when they were NOT. And even now, he is still on his mission of destroying BB. 
I don't think they would ever object to Rupal joining a business school and pursuing her dreams. But maybe just the fact of facing humiliation in front of IMV time and again has brought out this attitude in them. 😊 Guess I'll stop now.
Hey coldy07

Thanks for responding with such interest😊

There was only one scene in which Charu chides Rupal for ditching her parents and coming back ...implying she came back for the good life .

And Rupal answers that ALL , even Charu misunderstood her and thought that she came back coz she missed the good life but her goal in life was to make money like Mota Kaka and who else could teach her that better than her Mota Kaka .

Upon that , she runs away crying .

Now what I assume by this 'making money'  is that she intends to go into business . And like Devki , wants to learn it from IMV .

True , they have not shown her learning with IMV etc . I think thats a CVs blooper ...coz they were busy projecting the lead heroine Devki and put Rupal's track on hold for the time being .

I understand that as parents they feel betrayed ...I wud too , if my child left me . But this is also partly Baa's fault . She gave IMV that same sense of betrayal when she left him to stay with Manhar ...and this ball of this betrayal sense started rolling . Baa did it quite purposefully ...she wanted to stomp on IMV where it hurt . She knows her son well .

Otherwise what was Baa gonna really do by showing 'support ' to Sonal ? The decision had already been taken ...she was gonna be what she wanted . Manhar didn't even have a house . His financial condition was so so . Infact  Baa wud have been a problem ...they 4 wud have managed somehow .

What I liked about Rupal was that she very quickly came to a decision of what she did NOT WANT in life . She did not want this love for poverty and was uninterested in ideals . She immediately came back .

And my only point is ...after the initial sense of betrayal , by now, they shud have shown Manhar and Jyotsna trying to understand this daughter too . There is a sense of betrayal in the beginning ...then one starts thinking as one calms down . About WHY this happened .

And also ...if the sense of betrayal is so acute , they shud really really NOT do things in which ANOTHER person feels betrayed . Like purposefully befriending BB , encouraging Devki etc etc .

They started the ball rolling FIRST . The next thing IMV knows after they left his house is that they r living on BB's charity . Seriously HOW was he supposed to feel ? Imagine THAT sense of betrayal !

He too hurt them where it really hurts by taking Rupal away . Then they started squirming . But he had squirmed TWICE before he retaliated ...One when BAA left , and one when they accepted BBs charity and gave him the message that we care a fig for ur personal enemity with BB .

Am not defending him , dont misunderstand . Merely telling u how I saw it .😊