Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Now this is indeed interesting! Uh, well - scientifically, the mankind is bifurcated. It is of course the individual's own indigenous formulation which will decide whether or not they are going the straight way or the third way, so this whole concealing pattern observed in parents is a decent move, I suppose. However the lifetime of this institution is meant to be short. So, this may not help in the long run, the kid hence should be let to themselves when they are grown enough and figure out themselves. 
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm not a fan of gender stereotypes. I don't think careers, emotions, choices etc should be controlled by gender. I support and respect parents who tell their kids that you can break stereotypes.

However, hiding the gender is an extreme action. Firstly, it tries to use an infant as a tool to counter society. How is one child supposed to change generations of social perceptions? A practical measure would be to counter social stereotypes step by step and influence change, not force it.

Secondly, I still feel gender identity is important. For example Danica Patrick can go "I'm a girl, but I love racing cars and there's no reason why circuit racing is for men only". She is breaking gender stereotype, not the very notion of gender. I break a lot of stereotypes too, but I'm conscious and proud of the fact of being female. I try to put myself into a "sexless" shoe and cast aside my anatomy but it sounds absurd, I do all these as a girl, despite being a girl. Maybe someday in the future gender would be meaningless, but we are not in that world yet.
my_view thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Parents keep child's gender under wraps

As for his mother, she's not giving up the crusade against the tyranny of assigned gender roles. "Everyone keeps asking us, 'When will this end?'" she said. "And we always turn the question back. Yeah, when will this end? When will we live in a world where people can make choices to be whoever they are?"

Somebody has rightly said that parents live in the fantasy-land more than the kids do.. These parents need to be told that the kid's brain is not gender neutral and the choice has been made for him/her to be the way he/she is supposed to be.
After all, males and females differ by only one Y chromosome and there are differences in the way male and female brains process information, emotion, cognition etc so how are parents going to achieve gender neutrality there?
Edited by my_view - 12 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Res! for the Gender!

I choose to be on fence about this topic, as every individual as a right to decide what's right vs wrong for them-selves. The parents reasoning and wish society didn't place so much emphasis on gender makes sense, but at the same time we live in society which does have the right to ask!  Why does a gender make such a big difference in our society? Are we not human first? Why is it important for a man to feel masculine and a woman to feel feminine? There are so many questions and no right answer! Gender identity is not something people consciously do, it part of who they are. Everyone is born with a gender identity, whether it be male, female or something else. It's not something people choose, it is an inborn trait.

Name: Aarya
Profession: Strategist
Hobby:
Controversies
Sex: hmmm! this is the tricky one.. 3 times a week! maybe! πŸ˜†
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: night13

Sex: hmmm! this is the tricky one.. 3 times a week! maybe! πŸ˜†

And thats enough? How? 😲

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

And thats enough? How? 😲

Did I just break a speed limit! πŸ˜†

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I think 70% people try to find babies gender cos of curiosity or they dont have time to wait or controll their anxiety, or people want to plan lots of things in future etc .these type of thinkers sometime try to find babies gender...but personaly if anyone asked or try to find gender nothing wrong in it. They have the right to know the their babies gender. But I feel,babies ki gender kuch bi ho...babies are gods gifts...and those who wait, they can enjoy more these moments!😊

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

So in future no one need to declare their sex, age, sexual preferences etc

Considered an intrusion of privacyπŸ˜†
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Believe

I think 70% people try to find babies gender cos of curiosity or they dont have time to wait or controll their anxiety, or people want to plan lots of things in future etc .these type of thinkers sometime try to find babies gender...but personaly if anyone asked or try to find gender nothing wrong in it. They have the right to know the their babies gender. But I feel,babies ki gender kuch bi ho...babies are gods gifts...and those who wait, they can enjoy more these moments!😊

Vinuji please ek baar article padh loπŸ˜†...waise I agree with what u r saying in general terms...
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I fail to understand how not disclosing a child's gender will help the child in the long run. First of all, you cannot mess with nature - the child was born with a certain gender. If he or she chooses that he or she should be a part of the other gender, there will also be a discrepancy there. The child will face the same gender confusion again. Also, by not disclosing the gender, the child will be forced to deal with this confusion even if there wasn't one in the first place!