sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

People thought I was gay: Sajid

Prithwish Ganguly, TNN | May 26, 2011, 12.00am IST

Sajid Khan doesn't mince words. So when we put him in the dock, no topic was taboo. . From his sex life to his current relationship status, Sajid was at his candid best.

Recently there has been a buzz about his closeness to his Housefull 2 co-star Jacqueline Fernandez. Sajid is single-handedly breathing life into her flagging career – first by giving her a saucy item number Janabe Ali (Housefull) and now casting her in the sequel. Here the director talks about his leading lady, love life and being arrogant. Excerpts from the interview...

Are you seeing Jacqueline?
I'm not seeing Jackie. I'm extremely fond of her and I love her as I love all my actors. They are all very special to me. She is a wonderful person and I adore her. The day I shot Janabe Ali for Housefull, I told her that I would cast her in the sequel and I have kept my word. She is a thorough professional and gives in her best for her work. I like that quality. There is nothing to read between the lines but I'm glad that I'm being linked to a girl and not a guy named Jack.

Are you saying this because of the buzz about you being gay?
Precisely. I came to know a year back that some people thought I was gay. It did not really affect me but I came to know what people who don't know me think about me. But I have not gone out and tried to change people's perception. I have never done things to win brownie points in my life. People always see through who you are and one can never really put up and act. So, I would always come clean than try to be smart.

Why cast Akshay Kumar in Housefull 2? Perception is that his comedies are not working anymore.
I believe that actors are never flops. It is the project that is. So, never write off an actor. One hit and things turn for the better. I have given Akshay his career's highest grossing film (Heyy Babyy) and I have a hundred percent record with him. I believe in him and I have also got a project that will be a blockbuster. I also know that the film I will do next will also be a blockbuster.

Aren't you talking like God in an industry that has no formula for success?
But I know what will work and what won't. The trick is to connect with the audiences and I'm making films that do or else they would not have gone and seen them. I want to entertain and people want to be entertained. It is a simple give and take formula which one needs to work on.

But your films are dubbed as brainless films by critics.
I have never made films for the critics and I don't care what they think of my film. I make paisa vasool films for audiences and that's what I want to do all my life. For me box office is the king and content rules supreme.

You know people have labelled you as an arrogant man...
And people who get to know me, they often tell me that they never expected me to be the person that I really am. I don't go to charities where the media has been invited. I go to those where there is no spotlight. I'm a no show-shaa guy who likes to work and has the passion for cinema. I like to be with my circle of friends and only do things that I want to do. How's this bad?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Omar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are you saying this because of the buzz about you being gay?
Precisely. I came to know a year back that some people thought I was gay. It did not really affect me but I came to know what people who don't know me think about me. But I have not gone out and tried to change people's perception. I have never done things to win brownie points in my life. People always see through who you are and one can never really put up and act. So, I would always come clean than try to be smart.

Smart guy gave a complete cliched answer
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
So people also thinks about him?
HaHaHeHe-Hupp thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
 the  proximity of both  astounding me too how jackie  paying attention towards such person  perhaps its just  to offer her one item number and  taking in sequal... about sajid , we never knew about him to be gay  , looks like he   himself is much excited to   tell his truth...
Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
isme sochna kya hai he is the kind of person who believes to have best of both worldsπŸ˜‰
mystic-writer92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thought? i still think n noe ur gay 
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SRK is having an affair with PC. Ooops...wrong thread...or is it? 😈
Originally posted by: youknowme

SRK is having an affair with PC. Ooops...wrong thread...or is it? 😈

πŸ˜›

oh wait...wrong thread
or is it?
Edited by mystic-writer92 - 12 years ago
How can people even think about this guy when reading a small article as such about him is such an impossible task ?  Edited by Zaxo - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Zaxo

How can people even think about this guy when reading a small article as such about him is such an impossible task ? 

ZAXO! What is that? a catchphrase
Cause mine is
K bye
no im not saying bye
thats my catchphrase
hey come back!!
where u running to
*sleeping*
πŸ₯±