Dev/Nandini ka Funda

palmbeach1238 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Dev/Nandini jodi is going to be just as unpopular with the viewers as Arjun/Annie jodi.  If the PH/Channel/cvs are planning to get Dev/Nandini married...they will start losing the viewers who are still hanging on for a just punishment for Dev.  The Channel/PH/cvs may have swept Dev's deeds under the carpet...but most viewers of this show have not forgotten.

Whatever the PH/cvs/Channel decide to do in the future...it should never look like Dev is being rewarded despite his past deeds.  They did this with Arjun and acted like what he did to Annie ...was a very little thing.  It was not a little thing...it was a big deal for a woman to be treated the way Annie was treated by Arjun.  Yet PH/cvs/Channel...made light of the situation and made Annie run after Arjun like a demented love-sick idiot.  May I inform the PH/cvs/Channel that the majority of your viewers are women and we do not appreciate the way you are portraying the women in this show.

Is there any way where the situation could be made more acceptable...I have a few ideas.

• Under no circumstances should Maaneet actively help Dev in getting Nandini.
  • Dev can confess his feelings for Nandini but she still rejects him and marries Daman. 
  • Daman and his family find out about Dev/Nanadini's night in the jungle and reject the marriage.  Dev steps in and says he is prepared to marry Nandini.  During the wedding...someone or a guest mentions to Nandini that Dev was the man who fraudulently married Geet even thought he was already married and got her pregnant.  Nandini and her family reject him and stop the marriage.
  • Daman and his family turn out to be nasty characters.  Wedding is stopped.  Geet tells Beeji that she will take Nandini to Delhi with her and look after her after her reputation is sullied due the broken engagement/marriage.  In Delhi...Dev tries to woo Nandini...without success...because she has found out about Dev/Geet past and hates him.  Youngest brother Vicky enters and Nandini and Vicky fall in love and get married.  Dev is shattered and heart-broken.
  • Daman and his family turn out to be nasty characters and this only comes to light during the wedding ceremony.  Nandini refuses to marry Daman and Dev steps in to marry her.  They try to get married but Naintara shows up at the last minute and declares that she and Dev are still married as she still hasn't signed the divorce papers.

If Nandini does get married to Dev (here you are taking a big risk of losing a chunk of your loyal viewers)...she finds out about Dev/Geet past before the SR.   Nandini starts to hate Dev and makes his life hell during their marriage.  Naintara comes out of coma and tells them she and Dev are still not officially divorced because she has not signed the divorce papers yet.  Vicky enters and Vicky/Nandini fall in love and get married.  Dev is stuck with Naintara who makes his life hell.  Naintara realizes that Dev falls for any girl who comes along and makes his life hell.

These scenarios are much more likely to get to trps from a wider segment of the market due to their suspense, drama, tadka, masala type tracks with a bit of rom-com thrown in by Maaneet.

The channel, PH and cvs should not ...under any circumstances...show conflict between Nandini and Geet...even if they become Devrani/Jethani.    They have been shown as cousin sisters who are close to each other.  The cvs would be defying logic if they show Nandini to be against Geet just because she has a history with Dev...even then...through no fault of Geets.  They should show that both give each other support through the hard times.  If Naintara is brought back...show them working together to defeat Naintara. 

Naintara - can be brought back in a couple of ways.

• She may not have signed the divorce papers and so she is still married to Dev. 
  • Or she can be brought back as divorced from Dev but still out to destroy Geet. 

Her main motivations could be that Geet took Dev from her and so wants revenge for destroying her ambitions to be the elder bahu of the Khurana khandan.  Plus she could also be against Nandini because Dev is now in love with her.  Geet & Nandini with help from Maan join forces to defeat Naintara.  Naintara can be shown to be quite resourceful and it will need all of their intellect and strength to defeat her.  Dev...as usual...can be shown helplessly standing on the side-lines and doing nothing to help the situation and instead making things worse!!!!!  A few twists and turns could be incorporated to keep it interesting for the viewers.

Edited by palmbeach1238 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

airplanes4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love Dev and Nandini Track and I think you should relax and give it a chance!!!!!!!! Samir Sharma is doing an awesome job and I want to see more of him, so we should support him instead of complaining constantly.
palmbeach1238 thumbnail
Originally posted by: airplanes4evr

I love Dev and Nandini Track and I think you should relax and give it a chance!!!!!!!! Samir Sharma is doing an awesome job and I want to see more of him, so we should support him instead of complaining constantly.

Well...I love his acting as well...he is good in the role of Dev...and would like to see more of him.  But I would not like to see everything being ignored and Dev being rewarded for bad behaviour.  Why do you think the show has lost its trps?😕 🥱   I am not asking for his replacement.  Just no Dev/Nandini track. 😕
airplanes4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😡
Originally posted by: palmbeach1238

Well...I love his acting as well...he is good in the role of Dev...and would like to see more of him.  But I would not like to see everything being ignored and Dev being rewarded for bad behaviour.  Why do you think the show has lost its trps?😕 🥱   I am not asking for his replacement.  Just no Dev/Nandini track. 😕

I totally respect your view and I agree it doesn't sound right why he would get rewarded for terrible behavior 😡 . The only thing is ever since Samir Sharma started playing Dev, I totally forgot who the old Dev was and what he did. Samir brought a totally different person and side to the character. So when I think about Dev, I don't remember the beast who ruined many lives, but rather the cute nerdy Dev 😳 who just wants to see everyone happy. SO that's the reason why I want Dev and Nandini track!!!
palmbeach1238 thumbnail
Originally posted by: airplanes4evr

😡

I totally respect your view and I agree it doesn't sound right why he would get rewarded for terrible behavior 😡 . The only thing is ever since Samir Sharma started playing Dev, I totally forgot who the old Dev was and what he did. Samir brought a totally different person and side to the character. So when I think about Dev, I don't remember the beast who ruined many lives, but rather the cute nerdy Dev 😳 who just wants to see everyone happy. SO that's the reason why I want Dev and Nandini track!!!

Maybe that is my biggest problem...I have a memory like an elephant!!!  I don't forgive...and I don't forget!!!  😆