Pratigya

Is Amma for real? (Page 2)

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by elle45

Just a question, Do women like Amma exist in real life?

Is it possible that a woman can be so jealous, so much against her own daughter-in-law that she would do literally ANYTHING to get rid of her? I have heard of stories where the saas has burnt the bahu alive... So obviously some MILs are pretty cruel. Thankfully I have never seen any such thing. Have you ever heard of cases where the bahu is stuck with an Amma like saas?

Also, what is the cause behind it? Would it make a difference if Amma was an educated lady? Or does a persons nature remain the same, educated or uneducated? (Coz I've heard of even educated women behaving in the worst possible way with their bahus)

Yes, Elle ..People like Amma and very much worse than Amma do exist ...

Very much Possible, here at least Amma has made her intention's clear and is overt in her behaviour but in many a real cases ..it will be emotional and psychological abuse  , added to that the girls family will be  brought into the pic , and share of abuse will be reserved for them too...its not just jealousy, it's also fear of losing the favoured position in Son's life , Loss of control over Son and a insecurity  that if a DIL is treated with loove, she may climb the ladder to rule the roost..hence keeping her down the pecking order ...Having said that , let us not say that all DIL's are fresh , innocent flowers ..sometimes they can be very cruel too..

Many a times, it is educated people who will  be worse offender's..

So, the MIL is really something to dread.. How a woman can be so jealous of the attention her son gives his wife is beyond me... the two relations are so vastly different, one's a mother, the other a wife. Each has its own place, just like we have our own love for our father, brother, sister, kids. Why is this jealousy limited to the Saas and the bahu though? Some is also seen in the Bhabi-Nandh relationship I guess. Is the jealousy trait limited to the females? LOL

No, not all DILs are innocent creatures, one of my Aunts is constantly on the recieving end by her bahu, so much mental torture, that she's now reduced to a frightened kitten. Reminds me of a show I saw on TV recently... the host was saying that when girls pray for a good husband, they should also pray that they get a good MIL... or no MIL at all!!! ShockedLOL

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:40am | IP Logged
No , but education aid the spoilt Apples to present a shiny surface while doing  their rotten deeds, added to that their moves  become pretty subtle...in comparison to the uneducated ..they are master dissemblers

You and me gonna have to agree to disagree on this one babe!Thumbs Up

Some of the best manipulators never had a day's education in their lives, just experience of life, people and their weaknesses as their qualifications to become experts in this field.
Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:46am | IP Logged

Very much so, infact Amma is a milder version. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

elle45

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kabeer.

That I can't agree with, what can be worse than Amma? The woman who actually succeeds at killing of the bahu?
stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
Woman like amma exist!
And in this case education does not make a difference..it is the mentality..some woman just don't have the heart to see thr son with anyone else

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

elle45

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger11

Woman like amma exist!
And in this case education does not make a difference..it is the mentality..some woman just don't have the heart to see thr son with anyone else

Then why are they so anxious to get their sons married? So she can have grandchildren, or to take revenge? Her saas may have been evil to her, so she wants to do the same with her bahu, for a sense of satisfaction?
Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Kabeer.

That I can't agree with, what can be worse than Amma? The woman who actually succeeds at killing of the bahu?

I've seen worse happen with my family[ my mother's sisters at their sasural] can't go into details as it's pretty personal & horrid but yes it's a hell of a lot worse than Amma's character portrayal
Mitu_ IF-Sizzlerz
Mitu_
Mitu_

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:13am | IP Logged
yes it does exits in real life  have heard lots about itAngry
they burned a live to DIL
also torture about maykaa alwyas and if DIL does not follow her  they make a life hell
Still exits   i think thats why they are showing
how prat fight with her
but in real life its not easy to fight specially if there is no support i think
educations not matter its mantalities OuchAngryOuch

Go to top