Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Easy_A thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

Ok

So You don't Need to Act in Movies to Become SUPERSTAR... 

if asked only Katrina's example comes in as she is a big SuperStar Female not a Actor...

i dnt get this theory... ppl are willing 2 get a ticket of Rs.300/- per person 2 see a Salman movie knowing that he doesn't act... πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

They can watch him on TV ALSO... y 2 spend so much money 2 watch him in halls ??

Y do Producers spend so much money on him knowing he can't act ???

People go to watch his movies because they are entertaining. Ever heard of escapism? His movies are geared towards the nine to five working class who hit the theaters to unwind themselves after a long week. They can't be bothered with good acting skills, out of the box cinematic experience and all the jazz so long as they're entertained. THAT, I believe, is the reason Salman is a superstar but not an actor in the same degree.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
In this way Stars 

who ACT are not ENTERTAINER ??? πŸ˜†

9-5 ppl don't wanna watch Being Cyrus as Saif has shown brilliant acting in it...

but they will watch

Dabangg = as it has entertainment... but not Sallu's acting... 
Not saying Salman Khan cannot act at all...I said not very well...okay ji?

Out of the top 3 Khans...I think Salman is the lowest on the acting scale (IMO)...I enjoyed watching him in the 90s..and enjoyed his acting ji...but not now. When I watch him on screen...it's Salman and not the character...I don't see variety anymore ji.

Some of my childhood favorite movies are Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, HAHK, Judwa...

As compared to Saif in acting ji...I think Saif is a bit better than Salman.

I'll take me as an example...for the most part...I don't watch movies to see brilliant actors acting ji...I go to enjoy the stupidity...the over dramatic drama...comedy...I'm one of those few people who actually found CC2C a nice timepass...I love watching Singh is King...Welcome...I enjoy the mindless comedy ji...I enjoy masala films. After a stressful week, they provide an escape for a couple of hours. I prefer watching a mindless comedy at theaters than hard hitting cinema for the most part. Isliye I'm going to go see Kung Fu Panda!

Why spend money going to the theaters? LOL...the only reason I went to the theaters when I stayed in India was b/c of the awesomeness of it. A/C...amazing seating...so comfy...you could adjust the seats...sooo clean...and a huge screen to go with it.

And finally...their money lol

What was the main point of the post ji? I forget...sigh...
Easy_A thumbnail

In this way Stars 

who ACT are not ENTERTAINER ??? πŸ˜†

9-5 ppl don't wanna watch Being Cyrus as Saif has shown brilliant acting in it...

but they will watch

Dabangg = as it has entertainment... but not Sallu's acting... 

Dabangg and its likes do have acting, just that the emphasis on such movies is more on the entertainment value and less on the nuances of acting. 

Off the record, so what even if some people fail to see the act in Salman's acting? Why do you get all worked up as soon as someone points out anything remotely negative about Salman? Itna attachment Salman se? LOL...just out of curiosity, who is your fave actress?
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
So these are not acting after 90's

2003 = Tere Naam = Radhey

2004 = Garv = Arjun Ranawat

= Mujhse Shaadi Karogi = Sameer

= Phir Milenge = Rohit 

2005 = No Entry = Prem
= Kyon ki = Anand

2006  = Jaan - E - Mann = Suhaan

2007 = Partner = Prem

2009  = Wanted = Radhey

2010 = Veer = Veer
= Dabangg = Chulbul Pandey

Wow... none of them has ACTING of SALMAN... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Easy_A thumbnail
This is just to make Billa feel betterπŸ˜† - My fave movie of Salman so far's been Maine Pyar Kiya. It was a total cheesefest but the chemisty b/w him and that girl with squeaky voice was absolutely adorable and heart melting. HDDCS would be a close second, although Salman did his best comedy during that last scene in HDDCS and took away the seriousness.πŸ˜† After that, I liked him in Tere Naam.
So, there ARE movies where I liked Salman. Just that I think he's been slipping since past couple of years in terms of acting. 
Sigh...arguing with you needs a lot of patience na ji

I don't think Salman acts very well...not that he doesn't act at all

There is a difference...hai na ji?

Easy_A thumbnail

So these are not acting after 90's

2003 = Tere Naam = Radhey

2004 = Garv = Arjun Ranawat

= Mujhse Shaadi Karogi = Sameer

= Phir Milenge = Rohit 

2005 = No Entry = Prem
= Kyon ki = Anand

2006  = Jaan - E - Mann = Suhaan

2007 = Partner = Prem

2009  = Wanted = Radhey

2010 = Veer = Veer
= Dabangg = Chulbul Pandey

Wow... none of them has ACTING of SALMAN... πŸ‘

Did you copy paste the list or wrote it from memory?πŸ˜† Anyways, I thought he was pathetic in most of the movies there except in Tere Naam and Garv. Purely my opinion. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Since you made a list of "versatility", I shall make one for Saif.
THIS is called versatility.

Comedy
Dil Chahta Hai
Kal Ho Na Ho

Period Drama
Parineeta

Negative
Being Cyrus
Ek Hasina Thi
Omkara
Kurbaan

Romance
Hum Tum
Love Aaj Kal
Salaam Namaste

Commercial Thriller
Race

When you see this list, you dont see Saif playing extentions of himself onscreen. One character is nothing liek another.
The list you made of Salman, in about half those films, the characters are the same.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~*simran*~

Sigh...arguing with you needs a lot of patience na ji

I don't think Salman acts very well...not that he doesn't act at all

There is a difference...hai na ji?

Nahin jaar... me nt saying anything 2 u in specific... just trying 2 figure out general view which is here in dis thread... :)

i respect ur viewpoint... :)