Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Diya Batti new show on Star Plus Replaces Gulaal

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
[B]Star Plus has wielded its axe again, this time on the troubled show 'Gulaal', which has failed to generate any decent viewership post its launch.[/B]

'Gulaal', which was hailed as the big replacement for the once-popular show 'Bidaai', before it ended late last year, will be concluding next month.

'Diya Batti' is the show, which is most likely to replace 'Gulaal' in the weeknight 21:00 slot in June. Finalized cast of the show includes Anas Rashid will play the male lead and we hear that a new face has replaced Hina Khan as the main lead. Apart from these cast; Ashok Lokhande, Kanika Maheshwari, Anita Kulkarni will be seen in the list of cast.

In the last few weeks, Star Plus has axed 'Tere Liye', 'Kaali Ek Agnipariksha', 'Sabki Laadli Bebo', 'Behenein' and 'Chand Chupa Badal Mein'.

Axing spree for starplus wish bidaaii continued till may this year and then had whatever show they wanted
I am sure the 9 pm slot is only for bidaaii 2 to return so any show put on that timeslot will not get viewership
So starplus keep trying ur experiment till you are done our patience level has elevated till bidaaii2 comes back with needed cast

Link
http://cafe18.in/2011/05/diya-batti-new-show-on-star-plus-replaces-gulaal/#respond

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
the irony...they replaced such a big show doing well for their own ego.

now 6 months later its getting axed..

a new one in same time slot..lets see if this one get viewers attention as seems the viewers of this timeslot had long time switched remote for another show on same time after SP ending bidaai ...
shanti05 thumbnail
Looks like a leap didn't boost up
I feel bidaaii is slated back 9pm only when we do not know
Navya seemed to do better
Even
tvmylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
hmmm... i wish if bidaai has continued... so now gulal says goodbay...😆.
Abirami24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it's really a gud news...
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I thought Bidaai was coming after IPL, why is it taking such a long time 😕. I never really understood why Bidaai took a leap ,why Anmol a powerful positive character was brought in for such a short time, why Bidaai was axed for a show which never really made any difference at the 9:00 pm slot.🤓.
Shanti, if Bidaai1 had continued till may end maybe it would have had a fresh story then not continuation.
Edited by rekha03 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Rekha Starplus is crazy
It thinks every show is like what bidaii performed and the way it worked post leap
I am sure they are tearing their head apart with the 9 pm slot since overall the points they make is at no1 slot

Also it gave gulaal 6 months to prove who knows diya batti will get only 2 months and then they decide something else
Waise every show which gets axed due to bad trps I am glad that apurva entered bidaaii and kept the show up and it's recall value is there
So see it that way and I hope rajan ji get him back for a new season of bidaii and parul and ragini and complete the story of angini

And since bidaaii has given that landmark result to end at no1 position starplus and rs will never get another show to do that so the unique show which worked post leap will haunt for it's recall and has to come back but when is the big question which only they have ans
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i feel 9 PM bidaai unfair end curse Will continue with diya baati too..untill apu gets insaaf from star plus this trend will continue..shame on star plus for roping apu with falsified informations and giving him false assurance of long run of show...sincerely wish bidaai 2 is back and at 9 pm slot...gulal was bound to flop..now show in history which was replacing  apu's show ever has succeeded////anything ..so i knew about gulal ...am not sure about diya baati..
but i want bidaai back with apu
Edited by sami01 - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Sammy no show will no justice at 9pm slot as bidaaii did
And no show will
Face the axe at no 1 slot
If rajan ji values apu's contribution in bidaaii then I will be glad
Also I wonder if any other show will be axed after reaching the number of episodes I doubt so what criteria they axed bidaaii I am still perplexed since the rule book for this show doesn't seem to match any of the rules other shows are following
Sisisou thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
CCBM is ending ???? bt it doesnt seem like