ek_aarzoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
OK, I have been watching this serial since the beginning and Uttara's character is confusing me more and more for many reasons.

They show her having NO money? This is hard to digest because prior to Rishabh's death he got a huge loan and likely deposited it into a joint account so Uttara would have access to this money. If it was not a joint account, Uttara would have inherited the funds so her not having any money and being dependent on SSP is ridiculous. She had a house. If she is no longer living there, it can be sold and the proceeds will be Uttara's and then she can do whatever she chooses to do with it.

I really hate her style lately. I really liked her style prior to Rishabh's death. It was different and classy. I really hate what she wears now. Her beauty is being wasted. No offense but Akshara's Dadi in YRKKH has better style then Uttara. I make this comparison because they are both widows and YRKKH is a more traditional serial than Maryada. If this serial is supposed to be bold then her style needs to be similar to what she was prior to Rishabh's death...

The episode about bringing colors into her life makes no sense if she continues to dress like a widow. Looking at her you can tell that she is a widow and it is bothering me more and more. At first she was wearing a small gold chain and earrings and some gold bangles which was fine. But in the episode before SSP bought her the pendant, we saw her with no jewelery. How convenient!?! Then she was having trouble accepting the pendant but she wears a bindi? That makes no sense. Well anyway, I want the old Uttara back!

Also, at the beginning they show Uttara as strong and smart and full of life. She was not naive and was aware of life but post Rishabh's death they are showing her has a vulnerable, naive woman who has no idea what is going on. The old Uttara would pick up SSP's intentions right away just like with Rastogi! I am beginning to agree with everyone who thinks this. I was at first thinking that she has all this respect for him and views him as her brother but she should be able to pick it up just like Rastogi.

Also, if Adi was so mad at his dad, Uttara should be smart enough to see that it is something huge and that Adi would never talk to his dad like that without a big reason.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Riyaa147 thumbnail
Completely agree with you. I am not liking uttara's character at all. I liked the old uttara who was full of life and understood the difference between right and wrong. She needs to stop with praising SSP soo much. Its very annoying now days. It feels like she even loves SSP more than her own sister, Devyani. Come on woman grow up.  SSP is another Rastogi. In fact, even worse than him. She used to love Adi but look at her now, she doesnt even support aditya. Uttara's character needs to be changed cause she doesnt at all act like a lead!
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nice Post ... You are absolutely right Dear .. Ur character analysis of Uttara is  true...This is just a blunder of the CVs.. Anyways Maryada for me could not become the show i wanted it to be .. It is less bold and highly dramatic and most importantly there are many goof ups in the story...The treatment given to the show looks like a Ekta kind.. where every female character has her own dressing style ..even men too ...

I actually expected Maryada to be something much more better than the rest of the shows ..It is better but not much