Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Limerance

Not much my friend! I was about to leave thinking no one was around. Just a late start I guess tonight. How are you all doing?

tired but good! how abt your self? its been so long!
Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: arabianpaki

Greeaattt!! Are you on spring break now?
Internship hunt is on a hold right now! I'm gonna spending the summer here..so no internship.. I could with a summer class but I wont find one..there's a language barrier :@

No, I'm on spring break next week. Internship on hold huh? Yeah I'm taking I think two summer classes and probably will have to juggle in a internship. Not going to be an exciting summer I can bet you. And language barrier, that stinks :(
Are you on your spring break now?
Limerance thumbnail

tired but good! how abt your self? its been so long!

I know it feels like ages since we've talked! I miss this place. It was hopping over the summer. Lol
So whose ready for an update btw?
arabianpaki thumbnail

I know it feels like ages since we've talked! I miss this place. It was hopping over the summer. Lol
So whose ready for an update btw?

ready for an update?? yeh kaisa sawaal hai?????? 
of course me!!
Limerance thumbnail

ready for an update?? yeh kaisa sawaal hai?????? 
of course me!!

Just checking! :)
Alright next page then...
arabianpaki thumbnail

No, I'm on spring break next week. Internship on hold huh? Yeah I'm taking I think two summer classes and probably will have to juggle in a internship. Not going to be an exciting summer I can bet you. And language barrier, that stinks :(
Are you on your spring break now?

spring break? we dont get spring breaks..we get reading week...which is a week off before midterms..so you can study for midterms...but if you're lucky..profs will be nice and give you the midterm before the break so you actually get a break!

EDIT: The next post goes on the next page! ..so save it for your update..lol
Edited by arabianpaki - 12 years ago
Limerance thumbnail
Part 17

It was another one of those sleepless nights that had become ever so common lately. Since that fateful incident she would lay on the hammock every evening observing the brightly speckled sky above. Geet tried to name all the stars and constellations as a way to occupy her mind from the obvious. But it wasn't a very good distraction, since for one all she knew was the little and big dipper. And more importantly the only thing her mind was drawn to was thoughts of Maan.

Thoughts of why he suddenly disappeared again from her sight, thoughts of what urged him to say and do what he did, and lastly, the most restless was why in the world she couldn't stop these thoughts. Every time she reminisced about it a smile appeared. It was a smile that was different and associated with emotions she still couldn't lay her finger on.

Geet mulled over this every free second she had, which were a lot, and every time came to the same conclusion. There was not a single cell within her body that regretted what had happened. None of it and that was problematic. Geet couldn't figure out what brought on the urge to kiss him back without a second thought. She wondered why his image constantly appeared with her mind or why she felt warmth envelop inside with his endearing words for her.

For a woman who was intellectually capable of grasping almost anything, the reason as to why Maan made her feel protected and special was just beyond her comprehension. He gave her something she hadn't had in a long time. He selflessly gifted her comfort and care Geet hadn't known her heart so longed for until he gave it. In all of this Geet felt forever grateful and left with only more questions. What could she possibly give to even this balance? What, if anything, could be enough in comparison to all he's given?

The more Geet thought the less she could ignore the fact that she could only give what he had given her. Nothing else but that would be enough or right in her mind. And in a perfect reality that was all Geet wanted to give because…because…and then she realized her impossible. It dawned on her that she had started to inevitably fall for his care…his concern…his companionship. In all simplicity, Geet was falling for Maan. She had slowly and unknowingly started to cascade into his world whether she wanted to or not. Just like the white sphere of the light that brightly blazed across the sky before dwindling into the darkness only to disappear forever right before her eyes. With its loss, the beautiful smile that was rightfully covered on her face also slowly disappeared into a frown.

The sight of something so magnificent being destined such a fate disappointed her. It reminded Geet of her own bitter past which immediately caused her heart to drop. The sweet trance she travelled through at the realization of her own feelings vanished as quickly as it came into reality. A reality in which the thoughts she was having and emotions she was starting to feel weren't allowed. She closed her eyes tight in disbelief at the fool she had become to allow weakness to overcome herself. All these years of control were about to be washed away due to unwarranted desires. She was about to walk on a path that would have led not only herself but also Maan into perpetual darkness just like that shooting star.

In an effort to calm the unsettling feeling that started to rattle inside more strongly Geet placed a hand over her heart. She tried to ease its fears but the possibility of seeing Maan engulfed into his old state or one much worse because of her terrified Geet. She couldn't bear the notion of Maan being worse than she'd already seen him. That would only mean a place from which he might not ever recover from…which she couldn't let happen. She could live with anguish because she was used to it but not with the guilt of ruining another life, Maan's life.

She also couldn't forget her own promises and responsibilities, ones that meant the welfare of others came before her own desires. Maan needed her help, not for her to be someone to take away his second chance at life. Not at all, Geet concluded. So all that remained was for her to turn a blind eye towards the feelings she just perceived and continue with her life, fulfilling not only her duty by profession but her own life's philosophy, help those in need above all things else. Accepting this Geet swallowed the lump in her throat and passively thanked the heavens for stopping her from making another mistake.

Now Geet just hoped Maan did not think much of all that had happened. That maybe he realized it was something spur of the moment and fleeting because otherwise there would much grief. Not only for her but him also and that was something she couldn't see in him. Silently she prayed for things to be in her favor because if they weren't she didn't know how she was going to be able to fix it. The restlessness continued along with the emptiness that grew with each passing moment and in efforts to escape it all Geet's need for sleep intensified. So she was granted her wish and escaped into a fitful sleep but the person in her thoughts constantly all these days and nights wasn't graced with the same. Instead he was wide awake and gazing over her form just as he had done the previous nights.

Maan had been efficiently ignoring Geet since their incident for reasons known. He would leave before Geet came over and return home only after she had gone home. Although Geet was away from his sight she wasn't far from his thoughts either. It was only three nights ago that when he went to the study to grab a file did he see her for the first time in what then seemed like eternity. She was leisurely lying in her hammock admiring the universe and its inhabitants.

As he watched the natural moonlight glisten over her face Maan tried to blame it for making her beautiful so he wouldn't have to accept his newfound feelings towards her. But Maan knew that wasn't true, Geet was beautiful from within first and outside second. Nothing could take away or give anything to enhance her in his eyes. Perfection was a word he didn't normally like to use but he had to make an exception this once. She was not perfect to the world but Geet without a doubt was perfect for him. Something no one else was able to do in all these years was accomplished by Geet in a mere few weeks. The more time he spent with her the more Geet was able to break the barrier of his guarded heart. All the emotions that had gradually built within had become too much and it finally splintered open the night at the island. It was only then did he realize just what she had done to him.

Before Maan thought it was a passing feeling of attraction and decided to ignore it. But realizing he started to have an attachment towards her Maan knew it was much more than passing. In fact it was a feeling that had sown its seed and was swiftly taking roots. With that acknowledged he was pleased but also had to remind himself of what Geet would be going through with all of this. Maan recognized what a complete mess he had been after that night and he had left Geet to deal with it alone without a single explanation. Running a frustrated hand through his hair due to his own neglect Maan decided he had to set things straight first thing the following morning.

"Geet! I don't want to eat this for breakfast." Piyu pouted while running a spoon through her bowl looking at it as if there was something absolutely inedible.

"I'm not having it this morning Piyu. You can't eat those sugarcoated cereals every day. They aren't good for you." Geet continued to get Dadi's breakfast ready while not entertaining Piyu much.

"But Geet at least they taste good! This cereal tastes like paper."

"Sweetie, that's a bit of an exaggeration. You and I both know very well it doesn't. Now come on, eat it up before it gets soggy."

"Can I at least…?" Before she could even finish her sentence Piyu was cut off with Maan's reprimand startling both her and Geet. "Piyu, why are you giving Geet a hard time? She's only telling you for your sake."

Piyu looked at them with puppy eyes. "I'm sorry Dad and sorry Geet. I'll eat it but are you still…" She immediately stopped midway and turned her head back to the bowl upon seeing Maan give her a fake angry glance.

Geet watched on suppressing a laugh knowing what Piyu wanted to know. "Don't worry Sweetie, I'm still going to take you to watch the The Lorax, but only if you finish your breakfast." Piyu smiled ear to ear and dug her spoon into the bowl. Dr. Seuss stories were her favorite and after seeing the trailer it was all she talked about for days.

"I'm a bit jealous Piyu, no one ever takes me to the movies." Maan said sadly looking at Geet for a reaction while Piyu just giggled. "You're so silly Dad. You can take yourself to the movies! Plus you don't even like them."

"Of course I can take myself but it's no fun going alone and you never know I might like them now. Will you take me with you next time you go?" Maan asked continuing with the puppy face.

Piyu tapped her cute finger on the table trying to remember all the movie trailers she had seen. "Okay Dad since you really want to come, I want to see Madagascar and Ice Age when they come out. After I find out the dates I will get back to you so you know when to keep your calendar open for us, okay?" Maan smiled and lovingly kissed her cheek. "I can't wait Piyu and don't worry, I will definitely keep my calendar open."

Geet turned away to continue getting breakfast ready but was clearly aware of their conversation the whole time. She smiled at how cute Piyu was and the fact that Maan was more open to spending time with her. Saying Geet was surprised to see him at this morning was an understatement since Maan hadn't graced them with his presence for so many days.

It would be a lie if Geet said she wasn't worried about him all these days because she really was. So finally relief set in seeing he was okay. But his presence also gave her uneasiness. Maan unknowingly was making her feelings wander to places she didn't want them or need them to go. Again lost away from reality in this Geet only snapped back in after hearing him shout her name the third time.

"What thoughts are we lost in Geet?" He was now standing not next to Piyu anymore but next to her. Maan knew from the way her eyes were avoiding his it had to do with him appearing for the first time in days.

Geet saw the aware smirk appear and quickly turned her attention back to the stove. She took a deep breath and hoped he wasn't reading her face but it also didn't help that it was such an open book for him. "Nothing too serious Maan, only wondering what made you gift us with your company after so many days?" Geet questioned cheekily while returning a smile of her own to make things appear normal.

He brushed right next to her grabbing the pot of coffee and pouring himself a cup before leaning his back against the counter to watch Geet's expressions as she made Dadi's tea. "Why? Did you miss me?"

She smiled ruefully within at that. Of course I missed you she thought, but realized I can't anymore. Geet was tempted to look into this eyes but held back replying in her best sassy tone she could conjure up. "Don't you wish Mr. Khurana?"

He sipped his coffee and eyed her over the rim of the cup before answering. "It wouldn't be a lie if I said yes because I sure did."

She couldn't control her eyes this time while they inadvertently peered into Maan's testing them to confirm if the words from his mouth were the truth. She had forgotten again that Maan never lied when it came to her. She looked away because for one she felt embarrassed about secretly questioning his honesty and second was worried about what this meant.

"Geet, I was thinking we go out for dinner tonight." Dadi said while walking in with the newspaper. It had an advertisement for a new restaurant's grand opening that evening and she wanted to try it out.

"I'm sorry Dadi. I don't think Geet will be able to join you." Maan said ignoring Geet's eyes.

"Maan, you are still here? I thought you would have gone to work already. I'm glad to see you though. You haven't joined us for breakfast in such a long time." She said while pulling a chair for him gesturing him to sit down. "And what do you mean Geet can't join us? Do you already have plans Geet?" Dadi asked looking in her direction.

"Yes, she does."…"No, I don't." Both Maan and Geet responded together causing even Piyu to look up confused at them while Dadi knitted her eyebrows in question.

"What I mean to say Dadima is that a client of mine is throwing a party and I figured Geet would find it enjoyable to go out a bit so I thought to take her." Maan said still not making eye contact with Geet.

Geet gaped at him thinking this couldn't possibly be happening to her. "Maan that's a wonderful idea, Geet hasn't been able to enjoy herself at all. You both go ahead; we can all go out together another time."

"But Dadi…" Geet started off only to be stopped by Dadi as usual. "No buts Geet, the restaurants aren't going anywhere and you need to have some fun, so end of discussion you both are going."

It was times like these that Maan loved his Dadi's forcefulness. He bid them goodbye after telling Geet what time to be ready to go. Geet was worried though. Her hopes that this was all one sided feelings from her end were quickly dashed with Maan's behavior. She initially and ridiculously hoped his demeanor towards her would become icy and cold like when they first met. Those days were long gone Geet knew but there was no harm in hoping.

Before this episode Geet thought it would've been easy to pretend nothing was happening but quickly understood that was not going to be the case whatsoever. That's why at that moment Geet wanted nothing more to do than go back in time and change that moment on the island. In fact, she wanted to change all that happened between them. She wanted to pretend the nights and days they spent together didn't exist so she wouldn't be at the point where she was at now. A point where hurting Maan was the last thing in the world Geet wanted to do but had to for his sake. 

Forgive any mistakes and especially the long wait. Hope you all enjoy :)

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Mumma Mia I got first by fluke.  I thought Azi would take the spot.  But Azi...😛

After a long hiatus you sure came back with the bang girl friend.

The emotions were well displayed for both side. 

The comparison with lost light of a star...to inner beauty 1st to outer 2ndly.

There are mixed emotion that I'm going through here.  Happiness, sadness, excitement, disappointment you name it for all.

I'm not looking forward for the night out. 

After what Geet made up her mind.

I already feel like running away, just like Maan did.

He was brave enough to come out of his hide.

Not sure if I'm strong enough.

That's not what life is all about right? to hide and then show up when you think all is pink and blue when it isn't.

As we all say the same...please update soon...

A brilliance in cajoling me with your art of words, you bond me to become a patient and greedy at the same time.

Bravo!👏
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
arabianpaki thumbnail
Hayeee...the aftermath of "the kiss"!
I miss your Maan and Geet! You need to stop hiding missy!!!
of course...the best part was the kitchen 'missed you' scene! You should know me by now!

But on a serious note...Poor Geet,she's going through a lot, things started to mellow down.. and now BAM!.she gets kissed by Maan! And on top of that he makes it all awkward by disappearing! Waise karay bhi toh kya karay?😛
Can't wait for them to go out to the client party and with piyu! Little kids always make situations like this more interesting 😉😆

And since you were talking about cartoons
I just love this
arabianpaki thumbnail
not fair! this is my third time..and I keep getting the warning message!
wow..its been soo long since Ive gotten them!!!