Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Krishnaluv94

Minu!!!! I miss our gang. How was the wedding? (lol. A month late). How's college going?

Can't wait for the update! :)

Krishna! I missed you all too! Oh don't even get me started with the wedding. What can you expect from Indian weddings except for drama? Absolutely ridiculous but whatever it was fun for the most part. Plus I got to dress up looking all pretty and take pictures. Lol.
College is another story too! So stressful this semester. I can barely sleep before exams now. Can you believe I'm so unlucky with sleep. Before it was Maaneet not letting me and now it's college. Lol

How are you doing though? Enjoying math I presume? :)

P.S. I'm updating now! 

Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
UPDATE SOON..WAIT ON THE NEW PAGE
Newdime thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGs8vtjDxxY[/YOUTUBE]

NO REASON FOR THE VIDEO JUST SPAMING
Limerance thumbnail
Originally posted by: Newdime

UPDATE SOON..WAIT ON THE NEW PAGE

Thanks page spamming buddy! πŸ˜†
Newdime thumbnail
GO NEXT IS URS...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFK9VjnPsU[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Limerance thumbnail

Recap:

But something still bothered him. He was slowly starting to feel again but what now? Where did he go from here? Will life become what it was like before? He looked over at Geet who was silently watching the cars go by. "Just one question Geet. Do you think it's possible to become the people we once were?" She shifted her eyes away from the window and looked over at him. Saying she was startled by the question would be an understatement. Geet didn't really know what he once was or why he was even asking this but she was glad he asked. In the process she also gained some realization about her situation. "Such a thing isn't possible Maan. We can never truly be what we ever were in the past. Nothing is constant in life except change."

Part 12

The rest of the car ride was filled with silence. Their own thoughts and feelings were enough to occupy their individual minds. On one hand Geet couldn't understand why she didn't have these bouts of wisdom more often. That way she'd stop being such an emotional wreck. Maan is the only one that can challenge my mind. Why else would I randomly spit out a Herac***us saying? Geet couldn't fathom from what recess of her mind she managed to vaguely remember it.  It was during her early undergraduate college years that she had taken the philosophy class. Having been given a whiff that philosophy majors were more likely to get accepted to medical school Geet decided to take one class before committing all the way to it. Needless to say it didn't interest her much. The only good thing Geet could think of then that came out of that class was it fulfilling her philosophy requirement for med school. And now, maybe the fact that once in a while she seemed smart by spurting out random sayings of long dead philosophers. Looks like I did learn something from that arrogant professor Geet thought silently.  

While Geet took a break from her usual life crisis thinking and reflected on her college days, Maan was more on the opposite track lost in much deeper thoughts. He was confused. The past was something that still haunted him. The person he was before life changed drastically was the one he enjoyed being and a part of him had always wanted to be the same man.  But the simple fact was that Maan Singh Khurana was afraid to let people in again.  Yes, the man who intimidated businessmen twice his age, the man who is invincible in the eyes of his five year old daughter, the man that many fear because of his demeanor is also human.  He feared the feeling of having to endure hurt again. He feared the anguish he saw in the eyes of those he loved dearly and he didn't want to hurt them again in the magnitude that he already had all these years. It was the sole reason Maan cut himself off from life and plunged into files. But now things were inevitably changing.  His present state was getting to heavy to hold on too. The pinnacle was slowly beginning to tip. And with a person like Geet around to easily peel away the layer of pretentious, it was hard not to be sucked back into the game of life. He realized he was changing and accepted the fact thinking it was about time he starts living again, but if only it was that simple and easy.

"Sir we are here." James stopped the car and with a glance outside one could recognize the location. There were doormen dressed in crisp suits, young business entrepreneurs scurrying back to the office and women towering in louboutins and designer clothes. This was the Upper East Side of Manhattan, a landmark in its own right and a playground for the wealthy. The ordinary man could only as much take a stroll here, peer into the windows and get a small glimpse of what it's like here. They hadn't even stepped outside but could feel the aura money around them. Maan after gathering his things together came out of the car only to find Geet marveling at the change of surroundings as if she was seeing all this for the first time.

"Geet don't tell me that despite living here you are still amazed by all these mundane things." He decided to make light about it least expecting what was coming.

Geet stood there staring at the surroundings, remembering her days there and how different the situation was then and is now. "Maan, it wasn't mundane when I lived here. This was the city where I had planned so many dreams and aspirations. It was the place where people told me anything is possible. Now it's a different story and I was just taking it all in. The picture painted of this place is often far from the truth. It's shown as a place where everything is pristine and idealistic and those naive enough like me believe it. I thought by settling here I too would forget the woes of reality and blend in with the mirage. But now I'm looking at it in a different light, the mundane light as you'd say. This place, like any other, is absolutely ruthless and realistic. It's only when all the luster has worn off can a person see what life here actually is like."

Maan took a deep breath. He realized now why Meera was so hesitant about bringing Geet back to the city. After listening to her whole monologue Maan didn't even know where to begin talking to her. He agreed the city especially this part of Manhattan aptly fit her description. But that was beside the point. Why did she think of herself as being naive? Surviving alone as she had and still becoming who she was far from it. He also could tell Geet was unknowingly hinting at something deeper than simply how phony the city and its people were. There was something else that was bothering her which he intended figure out but now was not the time.

"Geet almost everything you said was true."  She turned her head to give him an incredulous look.

"Don't look at me like that. You know what I'm talking about. If there is one word that doesn't belong in the same sentence with your name its nave.  Dreaming of a life you so want and trying to make it happen doesn't mean you are naive it only means you're driven. So I don't want to hear that come out of your mouth again." His tone had gradually changed; it started out annoyed then became harsh.  He quickly realized this and calmed down. "All I'm saying is please stop worrying Geet. I know this is all the stress that's making you think this way. But we're here and this lawyer will take care of everything, okay?" 

Geet was familiar with his concern for her but this was a different facet she just witnessed. She didn't ever expect Maan to get so upset about her referring to herself in that way. What was more amazing was that he quickly tried to salvage his anger for her sake. She only nodded, "Alright Maan I'll try my best to stop stressing."

After acknowledging her statement he proceeded towards the entrance with Geet in tow. In such a daze they both were in, neither realized when they had arrived inside the office and been seated in front of a plush leather chair. Only after hearing the door click and a masculine voice did it register.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Mr. Khurana. I was expecting you at the gala this last weekend but was very disappointed with your absence." Maan got up and shook his outstretched hand.

"I'm sorry about that Mr. Klein. It's simply that work comes first."

"I understand completely so let's get to business shall we?" He made his way around to the other side of the desk. Geet looked at him thinking he must be in his late forties. She expected someone with a sharp demeanor and steel exterior but was pleasantly surprised seeing how warm his was. Not only that, with one glance around his office she could tell he was accomplished in his field. Newspaper clippings from high profile cases, photographs taken with celebrities and dignitaries lined the wall. She would have continued to gaze there if he had not called out to her. "And I presume you must Dr. Handa?"

"Unfortunately I am." Geet gave a light chuckle hiding the pain. She immediately regretted her words feeling Maan's icy glare on her. She realized by now he didn't want any negativity coming from her but Geet couldn't help it.

"My dear don't think like that. From what I've heard about you from a professional and personal standpoint you are a wonderful person. And mark my words once this is over a clipping of your case will also be there." He said while pointing to the wall she was staring at moments earlier.

"I don't mean to offend you but how can you be so sure? The Walters family isn't exactly the type to give in so easily." She sulked.

"And neither are we. I've reviewed the case and I won't deny that we do have a lot of work to do. But it's not impossible to win this case. I have already analyzed the evidence and read the reports with that I can say I'm confident about this case."

"So you expect you will be capable of winning Mr. Klein? I will settle for nothing less than that." Maan asked.

"Of course Mr. Khurana, don't worry I will not disappoint you." Mr. Klein replied. They continued the conversation for another hour talking about what he expected from the Walters and their argument. Then proceeded to finish basic paperwork and covered what they needed to in order to be ready for the first hearing. "Okay Mr. Khurana and Dr. Handa I will contact you as soon as I get a notification for the hearing date. In the meantime I will put together a team to get all the evidence, witnesses and whatever need be ready. While we will analyze and prepare everything for the hearing I will keep you posted about it regularly. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me."

"Thank you Mr. Klein. I feel better about all of this now." Geet smiled softly.

"Please dear don't thank me until we have won and we will. In the meantime don't doubt yourself because you have done nothing wrong. And even more so don't worry. Leave all of that to me." Geet nodded and smiled.

"Alright Mr. Klein we should get going, please keep me posted." He agreed he would and with that Maan and Geet left his office.

Maan could see Geet was in a better mood and almost ready to burst with joy. A smile also made its way to his face seeing her that way. If she was like this after simply talking to the lawyer he wondered how she would react by winning the case. He didn't know now but was gladly looking forward to the day.

Since it was lunch time they decided to eat something before heading home. Luckily it wasn't too difficult finding a restaurant both could agree and made their way to a well known Italian restaurant located only a few blocks away. With the weather being nice Geet insisted they walk rather than drive. Maan would have normally objected but he knew even a few blocks due to the traffic would take longer by car than walking. So he agreed and called James to meet them there.

As they walked silently Geet was reeling inside with happiness. Although she knew it was just the beginning of a long and bumpy road she felt content in the moment. She looked over at Maan and didn't know how to thank him. Without him there was no way she would have been able to get such a good lawyer and more important such great support. Geet thought of what she could do for him and concocted the perfect plan. She moved closer and intertwined her arm with his, "Maan I want to do something for you."

He looked over at her with a confused expression. Her body language and statement threw him off completely not knowing what to expect. "Geet what are you talking about?"

"There is so much you have done for me and I don't know how to thank you so I thought..." He tried to interrupt saying she didn't need to but she quickly placed her other hand on his mouth. "No Maan, I don't want to hear anything. You will have to accept this. So since we already know what a bore you are and don't do anything fun it's going to be my treat to you."

They had reached the restaurant by now and entered still with arms connected. "Geet! Are you thanking me or insulting me by calling me a bore?" Maan truly wasn't upset but decided to play along with her.

"Oh Maan, you know it's the truth." Geet then started laughing. "Okay but seriously I've decided everything and all you have to do is take a full day off from work."

"Geet as nice and as enjoyable it would be I simply can't do that. It's impossible for me to take a day off of work."

"Maan I'm not hearing it. You are going to take a day off and it's settled." Before Maan could argue with her further the people in front of them made their way to the table and the host greeted them. Soon enough they were seated and once again started their jovial bickering. It had been a while since they had last freely talked and laughed. With the case situation turning in a better direction today Geet felt optimistic and Maan was simply happy to see that change in her. While they waited for their food Geet was animatedly talking about something and Maan as usual was simply listening intently neither noticing the woman who had been staring at them from the moment they walked in.

Okay my lovely readers please forgive me for going MIA for so long. College has started and it's a particularly stressful semester so updates will be rather sporadic. I will try my best to update as often as I can but truthfully that'll be hard. Also I want to thank everyone who have been so patiently been waiting for an update! It means a lot that you enjoy reading what I write. Thanks again and don't forget to hit the like button and comment! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
RESERVING WITH πŸ˜‰ FULL RIGHT...

Oh me happy so happy...

πŸ‘

Obstacles are like wild animals.  They are cowards but they will bluff you if they can.  If they see you are afraid of them... they are liable to spring upon you; but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink out of sight.

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.  To win you have to risk loss. 

Basically, the only thing we need is a hand that rests on our own, that wishes it well, that sometimes guides us.

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  When something is missing in your life, it usually turns out to be someone. 
Without a single thought, two hands collide and the world finally makes sense again.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.

I know I have spoken in riddles...but only if you could read my mind...

I wonder who the woman is?  A dark shadow perhaps from the past?  But shall not worry as every dark clouds has to pour out or fade away afar afar...

I absolutely adore your words Min...the details of upper Manhattan...I had the same feeling when I was there...Money screamed from every direction...no ordinary human can pass by.

I loved the absent-mind gesture of Geet entangling her arms with his and he did not backed off. 

You lifted up my dull spirit that I felt by the end of the evening, not sure what was it...I want to eat now as I feel my appetite is back.

Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.  ~William Shakespeare
arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
An update after sooo many days..*Yay*
Welcome back!
So there's some hope that Geet's career isn't going down the hill πŸ˜ƒ...
You know sometimes all you need for some hope..is for some one to tell you everything's gonna be okay. Just the other day,  couple of my friends, we were talking about it... and just saying good times will come soon .. gives you a little light of hope..a bit of positivity!
Adoring.. how their becoming all casual with each other, especially Geet.😳
Loved the chapter... though the end has got me worriedπŸ˜•. Who's spying on them?!?!?!?!

We were just talking about the semester, how's there is so much to do the,  other day.. so Thanks for taking out time to write ⭐️

Edited by arabianpaki - 12 years ago
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update! It's good that Geet and Maan are both kind of letting lose after the meeting. Who's the chick who's been watching them? A day off? Sounds like a certain SS I read recently. lol jk Cant wait to read more! Hope college is going good. We can wait for updates ( but not too long πŸ˜ƒ )

have a great week!