Navya

May 25th: Things I liked

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
1) The scene b/w Navya's parents: Honestly I'm such a fan of Navya's dadπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...LOVED the bit when he replied with "woh ab bhi meri beti hai"...What an AWESOME dad he is! The love and concern he has for his children...I think we all identify with that somewhere...from our own parents...these parents make this show worth watchingπŸ‘πŸ‘...I'm loving the progression of this Renuka story.

2) The Anant-Navya "ignore" session: Fantastic nuances and subtleties today...all of these bits were veryyy well directed...starting from the first one when Anant enters the bus and invariably his eyes do find Navya...the glances they share...They didn't show some kind of ABRUPT looking away by Anant ever and I'm so glad to see that...these scenes weren't OTT...there was like an entire story playing out with literally no dialogues b/w AN...he sees her...looks at her for a long moment and you can see he still struggles at some level to totally cut off from her...but then he just moves on ahead...even then slightly glancing back at her invariably later on also...And Navya's expressions...first the happiness, a little bit of an expectant look, shyness...replaced soon by confusion...she keeps glancing back at him searching for some answers...many times he meets her gaze and for a second it holds...then he looks away again...

I did laugh in the bit when Navya lands up in front of his seat at Ranbir's request to switch seats and poor thing had this soft expectant smile there again and you can almost see Anant's brain SCRAMBLING to come up with an excuseπŸ˜†...and side pe Harry and his lame commentary *rolls eyes*...poor Navya though...awww by then there were tears in her eyes too...felt sorry for her. I really loved how this entire bit played out though...Anant is not being rude...and he hasn't POINT BLANK cut off from her either...he's retreated behind a polite mask as I mentioned yesterday...but he's not unaffected obviously  cuz that entire bit his gaze still kept getting drawn back to her but nothing in an OTT manner...I was glad to see the subtleties today...these touches are what's nice about the show.

The misunderstanding with the chit *shakes head* Oh NavyaπŸ˜†...seriously that waiter was one DUMB guy...is it cuz Ranbir said DIDI and he figured the only girl wearing a salwar kameez could be considered DIDI?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Marci thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agreed with all you said!! I love Navya's dad too...hes so loving and understanding!! LMAO...at this part... "The misunderstanding with the chit *shakes head* Oh NavyaπŸ˜†...seriously that waiter was one DUMB guy...is it cuz Ranbir said DIDI and he figured the only girl wearing a salwar kameez could be considered DIDI?" I really do think that waiter guy thought that!!! Overall i think the episode was very nice...had every emotion, expression, and reactions playing very well!! ~AnYa <3~
Edited by Harshiti4Lyf - 12 years ago
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

1) The scene b/w Navya's parents: Honestly I'm such a fan of Navya's dadπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...LOVED the bit when he replied with "woh ab bhi meri beti hai"...What an AWESOME dad he is! The love and concern he has for his children...I think we all identify with that somewhere...from our own parents...these parents make this show worth watchingπŸ‘πŸ‘...I'm loving the progression of this Renuka story.

Do I really need to tell u wat I felt about this entire scene esp after seeing a whole ramayan I wrote just on this scene???πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† But honestly speaking...more than Anant n Navya story...I am faling in love with this parent-child story from navya's end running in the BG...😳

2) The Anant-Navya "ignore" session: Fantastic nuances and subtleties today...all of these bits were veryyy well directed...starting from the first one when Anant enters the bus and invariably his eyes do find Navya...the glances they share...They didn't show some kind of ABRUPT looking away by Anant ever and I'm so glad to see that...these scenes weren't OTT...there was like an entire story playing out with literally no dialogues b/w AN...he sees her...looks at her for a long moment and you can see he still struggles at some level to totally cut off from her...but then he just moves on ahead...even then slightly glancing back at her invariably later on also...And Navya's expressions...first the happiness, a little bit of an expectant look, shyness...replaced soon by confusion...she keeps glancing back at him searching for some answers...many times he meets her gaze and for a second it holds...then he looks away again...

@ underlined bold
These were the very points that brought about AN's story in today epi so endearingly out...nothing as u said was done OTT...it was smoothly displayed and not much effort had to be placed in getting the points across to the viewers in terms of dialogues...
Btw...who still says Navya aka Soumya is bad at expressions...aside from that one constant raised eyebrow expression which she needs to work on a lill...all her other expressions come out so clean n crisp...n today's epi was a good example...Both Shaheer n Soumya emoted very well...Great goings πŸ‘

πŸ‘
I did laugh in the bit when Navya lands up in front of his seat at Ranbir's request to switch seats and poor thing had this soft expectant smile there again and you can almost see Anant's brain SCRAMBLING to come up with an excuseπŸ˜†...and side pe Harry and his lame commentary *rolls eyes*...poor Navya though...awww by then there were tears in her eyes too...felt sorry for her. I really loved how this entire bit played out though...Anant is not being rude...and he hasn't POINT BLANK cut off from her either...he's retreated behind a polite mask as I mentioned yesterday...but he's not unaffected obviously  cuz that entire bit his gaze still kept getting drawn back to her but nothing in an OTT manner...I was glad to see the subtleties today...these touches are what's nice about the show.

It was nice to see the soft drawback of Anant...He is totally being rational coz at the moment he is letting his mind rule over his heart...He knows his strenghts n weaknesses...and he now knows wat letting his heart rule him can do to him n Navya...It was indeed nice to see Anant "actually" thinking above n beyond...but then u also feel pity on his state...Banda is  helpless by his heart and unfortuantely...there is nothing he can do about it...if matters of heart can be so easily covered...life wud have been so much easier...*sigh*
U can so thoroughly see that "kashmakash" as u say of Navya's Anant who really didnt want to be away from her or look away from her...and CSB's Anant who compelled himself to follow wat he knows is the "right" thing to do...
I must say...navya's 1 drop of tear...and I felt so bad for this gal...yes...once again...wanted to just wrap her in the comfort of my arms...how will I survive seeing her in more terrible states in future *sigh*

The misunderstanding with the chit *shakes head* Oh NavyaπŸ˜†...seriously that waiter was one DUMB guy...is it cuz Ranbir said DIDI and he figured the only girl wearing a salwar kameez could be considered DIDI?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...

I highly disagree here...coz not only the waiter was a dumb guy...but his partner in crime...Ranbir was even more namakool...n bewakoof for simply just giving a head nod direction of the gal n calling her DIDI...I mean...cudnt he have said the gal in blue n white...or the gal sitting beside the chasma wali (appy)...or even use her name...and waiter mahashay wudnt even ask..."yaha toh bahut saari DIDI he...kaun si wali"...ya like u said...in his math salwar kameez = DIDI????πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail
@Shilpa: I agree...the scenes b/w Navya's parents are always so fab...that's the one thing that deffo keeps me hooked no matter what too...loving how natural these characters are.

And as for AN...I also really got that feeling especially a couple of times the way Anant looked at her when she wasn't looking...as if to say, "I have to do this for BOTH our sakes...cuz I've brought us to this point to begin with"...He knows he rushed too much and now he thinks only with HIM stepping back will manage to make Navya step back too...cuz he personally has a tough time controlling his emotions when it comes to her anyways...after so many days we are seeing an Anant reigning in his out of control emotions and showing his calmer original side...lol...Honestly the entire session of glances in the bus was veryyy well executed and yes that one tear that slid down Navya's cheek by the end made my heart go out to her as well...Soumya did do well in showing the questioning/confused look on her face in this scene...and Shaheer was obviously quite good as he usually is.

LOLL I agree...BOTH Ranbir and the waiter were dumb in the last scene...him for not even clearly clarifying and the waiter for not even asking him to make sure *shakes head*...contrived scene just to make Navya get the chit *rolls eyes* lol

skydome thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
1. Agree about Navya's caring father.  Her parents are good examples of the modern day parents - strict and yet understanding/ caring.  I have great hope that children's of such parents will get full support from the family if and when they tend to slip in life.

2.  At the bus stop, when Navya sensed Anant to distance from her- at one point she did get up and was heading towards him- she was moving with confidence and determination towards Anant ( I admired Shoumya's acting there).  The determination and growing confidence was very visible in her eyes and body language - there is hope that Navya will get over the present situation (negative or positive) successfully and with her wonderful parents support and will emerge as a role model 'Navya' who will be a good/ perfect balance between the tradition and the modern.

3.  I also like Navya's selection of her dress (modest clothes and not too glitery), the colors (when in joy she wore yellow, when she felt the first emotions for Anant the red color of love...) , not too much make-up, and the way she carries herself - just perfect for the character.

4.  I really admire the script writer, director and the producer (any one know their names?) - have done such an excellent job with Shoumya's and Shaheed's acting - where expressions said a thousand words (very much the Satyajit Ray style). 

5.  Anant's acting, ofcourse,  has been also superb.

Congratulations to the entire team.  I hope they are able to maintain this high quality and have a positive message to give to the present generation and their parents.  Good luck.
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well said Anu.

I really liked the episode as well. Navya's confusion and her joy at receiving the note was so well done (how dumb of Ranbir not to specify which didi). Anant's dilemma is also coming across fairly well.

Shagun really creeped me out. Seriously what was that with Anant's photo??

From the precap, it looks like things are starting to play themselves out in Renuka's life. Should be interesting.
TheFaerieQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well written by all of you, i think now Anant will explain his situation to Navya (may be in the scene shown in SBS yesterday) and Navya will accept  (with lot of pain ofcourse) and will tell him that its good for both of them to back off. It will interesting to know what will make them again go bekaboo :-)) , pre engagement or post engagement?

supria thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

He's always been so expressive with his concerns abt his daughters n the presentation of this by the CVs really is superb...most of it seems like coming straight out of our lives...cvs deserve a big hand for this beautiful blend of anya n other moments on the show!

the essence of the show u cud say...Shaheer n Soumya deserve a full 10 for the way they portrayed the emotional turmoils Anya were going thru..without saying anything...Soumyas sideward glances n then the tears...my heart went out to her...

I did laugh in the bit when Navya lands up in front of his seat at Ranbir's request to switch seats and poor thing had this soft expectant smile there again and you can almost see Anant's brain SCRAMBLING to come up with an excuseπŸ˜†...u said it all, Shaheer can tell eveything with his eyes...n Soumya cant be beaten either!! 

and side pe Harry and his lame commentary *rolls eyes*...poor Navya though...awww by then there were tears in her eyes too...felt sorry for her. I really loved how this entire bit played out though...Anant is not being rude...and he hasn't POINT BLANK cut off from her either...he's retreated behind a polite mask ...this is what makes ananth special, he just cant let us down ...

as I mentioned yesterday...but he's not unaffected obviously  cuz that entire bit his gaze still kept getting drawn back to her but nothing in an OTT manner...I was glad to see the subtleties today...these touches are what's nice about the show. They are endearing

hi...i just loved the way u put it all...n added my pov...
pluviophile. thumbnail

@Shilpa: I agree...the scenes b/w Navya's parents are always so fab...that's the one thing that deffo keeps me hooked no matter what too...loving how natural these characters are.

And as for AN...I also really got that feeling especially a couple of times the way Anant looked at her when she wasn't looking...as if to say, "I have to do this for BOTH our sakes...cuz I've brought us to this point to begin with"...He knows he rushed too much and now he thinks only with HIM stepping back will manage to make Navya step back too...cuz he personally has a tough time controlling his emotions when it comes to her anyways...after so many days we are seeing an Anant reigning in his out of control emotions and showing his calmer original side...lol...Honestly the entire session of glances in the bus was veryyy well executed and yes that one tear that slid down Navya's cheek by the end made my heart go out to her as well...Soumya did do well in showing the questioning/confused look on her face in this scene...and Shaheer was obviously quite good as he usually is.

LOLL I agree...BOTH Ranbir and the waiter were dumb in the last scene...him for not even clearly clarifying and the waiter for not even asking him to make sure *shakes head*...contrived scene just to make Navya get the chit *rolls eyes* lol

.Juhi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
nyc written yaar...i olwayz luk 4wrd 2 ur post...