Users

Frequent Posters

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Dexterphile

🤣🤣

I hope Somi Ali and Aishwarya fans read this too...😆

Somy ALI and Salman are in great terms and met recently, also both are heading similar charities so I doubt they say anything neg on Salman,  instead  I think they support him all the way!😊

About Aish, there are members even here who like both so he will get some support there as well.😊

MaSqUeRaDe thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Both...But even in this forum ,stars their movies and articles are discussed in depth more than actors so..
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
for me.. i dont see the acting btw..
i see if the movie can entertain me.. thats what salman khan does. even srk movies used to be entertaining.. take fx. main hoon na recently he also become a bit boring so get tied of watching his movie

but CDI was nice as well coz the movie was entertaning..
I like all kinds of movies depending on my mood. I can watch and love a Dhobi Ghat, a cheesy romance, slapstick comedy, a full on masala film depending on what I want to see on a particular day. So to me an actor or superstar doesn't matter. If a film appeals to me at that particular time then I would watch it immediately else it sits on my list forever and sometimes forgotten.

We shouldn't really compare Hindi films to the ones made in Hollywood because our majority audience is on an entirely different stratum. There are various forms of entertainment in the west. In India, cinema still gets top priority and a place where entire family goes to unwind. So if majority prefer dhamaal, masti films then there should be stars who provide that.

Movies should not only be about class and intellect. The primary focus of cinema is entertainment. We have niche audience for various cinemas so why should one be better than the other? Why can't two actors entertain in their own way? Why can't different actors cater to their niche audience?

I believe that Akshaye Khanna is still doing films for me. I'm his lone audience.
Edited by TheDilettante - 12 years ago
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
akshay khanna is entertaining too.. humraaz he was good there

adn akshay khannas comedy is good as well
hungama,
hulchul,
mere baap pehle aap - wasnt that great but ok ok..

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^exactly! certain masala films are not for me just like certain art films are not for me...but certain masala films I love and certain art films I love...the primary focus is entertainment but I also think a major focus of cinema is also to enlighten and invoke thoughts...and that can be done through masala or art films...I am still a bit more biased towards films that invoke my brain cells...in some way or the other...it can be silly stupid cheesy corny boring or really intellectual or hard hit reality stuff LOL but the film must have something something in the film must make me go "aha...I like that thought or idea" LOL! But I do enjoy some pure fun films...you wouldn't see me seeing those films 10 times but I do enjoy them!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
ladygaga thumbnail

Sallu is limited as an actor, but somehow i still prefer sallu the actor over saifu the actor. Yes if it was between the three major khans then i would have chosen aamir, but if it is between Saifu and Sallu then even as an actor sallu appeals to me much much more.

And yea Salman has his faults as an actor but some of us are totally writing him off. There are a few genres where I think he is much better than Saif, one of that genre being romantic movies. All three khans have this gift, no one can match them in romance. Saifu comes across as such a wannabe when he does rom-coms like Salam namaste, Love aaj kal and Hum tum. Saifu cannot do out and out romantic movies, the way Salman has done hum dil de chuke sanam, Hum aapke hai kaun and Maine pyaar kiya. Salman's eyes alone are so expressive, he speaks through his eyes and he has done a wonderful job in romantic scenes with Ash in HDDCS, with Madhuri in HAHK and with bhagyashiri in MPK. I don't think Saifu has done anything as great in the rom-com genre or an out and out romantic movie. Saifu was ok in parineeta, but still he doesn't have that face or even the expressions to do classic romantic movies.

I mean just look at Sallu in this song!! He was amazing..

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uE0Ldz_wxw[/YOUTUBE]

His expressions are so subtle and cute with Ash!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP0cj4iGQMg[/YOUTUBE]

He had awesome chemistry with bhoomika too.

And action.. saifu hasn't doesn't much action... the only action that i remember is EHT... but there were no major stunts in that movie.. Sallu has done wanted, Dabangg...  I loved his heavy duty melodramatic and action scenes in Karan arjun. I think Salman is much better at comedy and romantic stuff.. but if you are comparing him to saifu.. then he is much better than saif in action stuff... simply coz saif hasn't done any out and out action movies..Saifu is pretty good.. but he majorly excels in roles with negative shades, and yes in heavy duty author backed performance oriented roles.. but I think he sucks at romantic stuff.. hasn't done much action.. and I think Salman is better than Saifu in comedy also.
Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: TheDilettante

I like all kinds of movies depending on my mood. I can watch and love a Dhobi Ghat, a cheesy romance, slapstick comedy, a full on masala film depending on what I want to see on a particular day. So to me an actor or superstar doesn't matter. If a film appeals to me at that particular time then I would watch it immediately else it sits on my list forever and sometimes forgotten.

We shouldn't really compare Hindi films to the ones made in Hollywood because our majority audience is on an entirely different stratum. There are various forms of entertainment in the west. In India, cinema still gets top priority and a place where entire family goes to unwind. So if majority prefer dhamaal, masti films then there should be stars who provide that.

Movies should not only be about class and intellect. The primary focus of cinema is entertainment. We have niche audience for various cinemas so why should one be better than the other? Why can't two actors entertain in their own way? Why can't different actors cater to their niche audience?

I believe that Akshaye Khanna is still doing films for me. I'm his lone audience.

Agree, word for word! 
@ bold - it's like you stole the words right outta my mind. ðŸ˜† 
To me it does not really matter. I can watch an Udaan type of film and love it and at the same time, I can watch Dabangg and enjoy that as well. Whichever movies appeal to me, I watch them (though I don't necassarily have to end up liking everything I watch).
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow off topic but OMG the ankhon ki song from HDDCS was one of my favourites. It also reminded me of old sallu! Salman used to be so good at those charming lover boy roles back in the day he was far more attractive before he got really big and buff (the same goes from saif).

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Can't stand Sallu movies they are just beyond me. But people love them. I like him as a personality...quite a character...but that's it. But I do love his songs haha...but don't think I can sit through his movies...can't think of any Salman movie that I liked...oh ya Saawariya...LOL...not not even Maine Pyaar Kiya appeals to me...maybe Karan Arjun and Andaz Apna Apna...😆
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago