Saif: "I never intended to make fun of Ash"

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I never intended to make fun of Ash, clarifies Saif
Source: Dailybhaskar   |   Last Updated 13:52(25/05/11)
Comment |  

Saif Ali Khan who recently sparked the controversy for his poking fun at none other but Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has clarified that he never intended to make fun of her. Saif's remark sparked a debate when he was questioned about Ash's presence at Cannes every year with or without a film to promote, and he reasoned it calling her a pretty face.

Taking to a daily tabloid, Saif clarified that he was asked about the relevance of Ash going to Cannes and he replied it saying, she is the international face of India. He further added saying that we should be proud of her beautiful face. 

The actor feels that his words were misinterpreted and were presented in a bad light as according to him, he would never say something like that about her.

While the controversy has other side of it as Saif's girlfriend Kareena Kapoor doesn't share a healthy relationship with Bachchan-parivaar after Abhishek unceremoniously broke his engagement with her elder sister Karisma. And the cold war continues even today.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
And this too:

Talking to a daily, Saif said, "I was asked about the relevance of Ash going to Cannes and I said she is the international face of India. I said we should be proud about her beautiful face."

Chhote Nawab felt that his words have been minced and projected in a bad light. 

"One website quoted me verbatim, complimenting Ash, which is what I meant in the first place. But others have misquoted me. I would never say something like that about her!"

All said and done, Saif, you were right in calling Aishwarya a pretty face. Now if people mistake you, who can help them!
What is up with his late lateef character?

Maybe he watched a lot of Ishwar while young. Maaro maaro phir hospital le jao. First sarcasm, then apology. Agar mard ka baccha hai toh sarcasm par he reh...πŸ‘πŸΌ
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
So he visits IF. Don't worry saifuuu because of your dig on aish, I like you even more.
ladygaga thumbnail
I agree with xeta here. Saifu has got no guts, bolega bhi aur royega bhi. πŸ˜† Sallu once said it that when actors say something in interviews these days they are very well aware that their words will get twisted, so sometimes they intentionally say things to create a contoversy. Anyway, this is not the first time for Saifu, first he went back on his words in the whole Kaminey controversy, then his spat with Koena and now Ash.
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe you all shoudl watch the video with his original statement. This wasnt just a case of his intentions didnt turn out right in print, or they twisted his words a little. They literally CHANGED his entire statement.

So no question of saif not having guts. I'd be speaking up too if ppl claimed I said something I never said.

And saif doesnt have to clarify anything. He never said anything in the first place. One thing though...shows he's quite net savvy!
Desu's right...he didn't actually say anything disparaging about Aish in the first place. And if he did, he would have been an idiot to do so. He was the ignored waiter on the red carpet while Aishwarya turned heads; if he said anything negative about her, he would get negative PR not in India but also the whole world...I don't think Saifu's strong enough to face that backlashπŸ˜†
Edited by koolchick - 12 years ago
Ainvayi controversy. Saif's statement got misconstrued so he cleared it.
He apologized for his comments on Koena and now even stays away from Filmfare awards gig after the controversy with hosting. Like the mighty Khans or Bachchans, Saif has no star power or cronies who would clap/support when he takes digs at others. Solitary people seldom take potshots at others. Those who do are sure of their herd [clapping cronies and fans].

After Salaam Namaste's success, he declared that Siddharth R Anand is his Karan Johar. Ta Ra Rum Pum failed and equations changed. Saif has changed a lot. I can't believe that this is the same Saif who along with Amrita slapped journalists and broke their cameras. The guy is striving hard to make money and do some good work.
---------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

Maybe he watched a lot of Ishwar while young.

What/Who's Ishwar?
^Maya: Ishwar, the Anil Kapoor film where he played autistic, remember? He beats the crap out of a man and then takes him to the hospital himself...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

^Maya: Ishwar, the Anil Kapoor film where he played autistic, remember? He beats the crap out of a man and then takes him to the hospital himself...πŸ˜†

Ha ha Ha Aah! I don't remember.