Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
s..i find his accent different but i love it..
really may i was also thinking when did he say azzumed..lol!!!
as far as him saying birthday i like it..n the accent in his hello is different..i like that too..

british english n american english..let them be as it is..

but khanak needs a english teacher for sure..
after learning to say thank u properly she still says thanku..n y is she not able to pronounce sa properly instead always say 'sha'..
for sasha she said sasa..
for mrs she always say mishrs..kyun..
aisa be koi pronunciation pbm hai kya?
Edited by RB81 - 12 years ago
Prernarbofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
hey lets keep a teacher in K family who will teach shaan n khanak like they showed sasha but not sasha someone really strict who will not allow shaan to do his natunki n irritated shaan will be so good to watch 
PS sorry for joining so late really late!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wonder why they change accents just by living for few years lol.Madhuri talks with American accent now and sorry to say,just by POV very annoying.I think its more like blending in when you go to a new place

Khanak pronounces 's' correct sometimes.The episode where she comes and asks Shan for a English lesson,she says 'pleej' and then says 'fees' correctly.It should have been 'feej' right!

Chori chori seq main when she sees Shaan on the balcony the first time,she talks perfect like 'factory','phone' etc.But ab tho 'phactory' and 'pone'.Really hope she does at least speak few words correctly.She even reverted back to 'thankoo':(

Shanaksansar-In the UK its always 'our' for the words where as in US its 'or' I guess!!My browser tho shows a red line if I type 'our' for colour and doesn't if I type 'or' as in color.
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Shanaksansar

Sorry am joining so late in this thread but wanted to add my 2 cents as well. 

Accents and pronunciations will always be different and there is no RIGHT or WRONG here. As we all know it continues to evolve based on external/ internal regional influences.

In America we do use the word "Anyways" nothing wrong or right that is the usual lingo. I still remember when I initially came here what blunders I committed. Went to McDonalds and asked for tomato sauce for my fries and the confused attendant then told me it's called KETCHUP...lol!

Now my kids correct me since there are subtle differences in what we were used to back home and here. I guess.

@Manita - you are right most folks now use "color" instead of "colour" but I remember when I sent in a proposal to one of the sales guys in UK...he backlashed me for that...Bristish sentiments...too bad he was fired the very next day...of course for other reasons

But yes would still love to have PATHSHALA scenes😉

I understand the variation of accents and we have discussed this through the topic too😊...I agree there is no right or wrong...I guess I was just surprised by the Shaan saying 'azzummed'😆...

Regarding the man who was rude to you, I don't know about British sentiments😳...But it shows he is ignorant of the fact that, written English is different in many countries😊...
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Originally posted by: SPN_JD_Addicted

I wonder why they change accents just by living for few years lol.Madhuri talks with American accent now and sorry to say,just by POV very annoying.I think its more like blending in when you go to a new place

Khanak pronounces 's' correct sometimes.The episode where she comes and asks Shan for a English lesson,she says 'pleej' and then says 'fees' correctly.It should have been 'feej' right!

Chori chori seq main when she sees Shaan on the balcony the first time,she talks perfect like 'factory','phone' etc.But ab tho 'phactory' and 'pone'.Really hope she does at least speak few words correctly.She even reverted back to 'thankoo':(

Shanaksansar-In the UK its always 'our' for the words where as in US its 'or' I guess!!My browser tho shows a red line if I type 'our' for colour and doesn't if I type 'or' as in color.

When you get accustomed to hearing a certain accent, your own speak does change slightly Smitha😊...I also mentioned your point about Khanak's inconsistancy with the words she already knows...

The language setting of on MS Word opened my eyes to how many different variations of written English there can be...I knew of some before, but i didn't realise there were so many😆...
Edited by The_May_Rose - 12 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Originally posted by: RB81

s..i find his accent different but i love it..
really may i was also thinking when did he say azzumed..lol!!!
as far as him saying birthday i like it..n the accent in his hello is different..i like that too..

british english n american english..let them be as it is..

but khanak needs a english teacher for sure..
after learning to say thank u properly she still says thanku..n y is she not able to pronounce sa properly instead always say 'sha'..
for sasha she said sasa..
for mrs she always say mishrs..kyun..
aisa be koi pronunciation pbm hai kya?

I agree Ramani...The written form and Shaan's accent aside...I want Khanak's pronounciation corrected...
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Originally posted by: simiv

What a brilliant idea May!!

What Shaan too???😲

Gues what we did that play in school and I had to spk with marbles in my mouth..as Eliza Doolittle!!LOL

Bring it on!!😆

That's dangerous Simi😲...What if you swollowed one?...

😆...
Edited by The_May_Rose - 12 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prernarbofan

hey lets keep a teacher in K family who will teach shaan n khanak like they showed sasha but not sasha someone really strict who will not allow shaan to do his natunki n irritated shaan will be so good to watch 

PS sorry for joining so late really late!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea Prerna, I think Manita said the same thing😊...

Btw, Happy Birthday!😃
NinjaInPyjamas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you May di :D :D

Khanak so needs a teacher!! But only  Shaan :D
I dont think anyone else has the patience or knows the trick how to teach her ðŸ˜‰ðŸ¤£

Waise, even I speak like Karan in school...infact I spoke normal Hindi bhi accent se ðŸ¤£ 
Evreyone said Yeh hindi bhi english ki tarah bolti hai🤣

Sairaaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you May

I was also confused with the 'azzumed' lol! But it seems like he has the American accent...always thought he had the hinglish one!

Anyways...Shaan can wait for now he already knows the basics of English.
It is khanak who needs the classes and like you I'm being waiting for ages for the paathshala to start.

@Vatty

NO shaan as the masterji! Pleaseee! It will end up into a different story altogther...What about Khanak starting school or private schooling will do to.