Will Salman ever be known for act in acting? - Page 27

Posted: 12 years ago
Erotic - you're the King and Xeta is the Queen. Perfect jodi β€οΈπŸ˜†
Originally posted by eraser

Erotic - you're the King and Xeta is the Queen. Perfect jodi β€οΈπŸ˜†

🀣🀣🀣
Excuse me he received awards (star screen, big entertainment, apsara, all gave him best actor) However, he did not goto collect them because he does not care at this point in his career! and Debaang the movie got the national award this year. Anyway, Salman only cares that the audience appreciate him thats his reward! Hes not looking to get an oscar nor does he make movies to get one!

That territory is  his pal Aamir's. And SRK is greedy he needs awards to boost his ego!
NOT AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.

I wish I could scream this.

NOT AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.

He is a huge superstar, he's got tons of fans and their appreciation is his "award", but pleaaaseee, keep the "good actor" tag only for actually good actors, like Irfan Khan, and Konkona Sen Sharma.

again

NOT AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.
Originally posted by ladygaga

Honestly, even I am one of those who thinks that Saif isn't that great. I mean he took decades to deliver anything promising and even now its not like he has delivered one mindblowing performance after another. He was great in a few films, but his acting is also overrated in a few flicks like Hum tum, LAK, he was ok in Kurbaan but nothing mindblowing, Akki totally overshadowed him in Tashan.

Agree he only good in neg role in Omkara, yet Ajay surpasses him. Only actor who also is main stream and can truly act are  Aamir Khan,  or non mainstream such as om puri, naseeruddin shah, nana patkar etc (but I wont really go to see them in lead as they dont intrigue me)πŸ˜† I only see them when they play secondary roles in mainstream cinema with the hottiesπŸ˜‰

I want entertainment and Salman gives me that. He does not want to do arty or message type roles and nor do I want to see him in those roles😊 He has said he rather give to charity then preach it on screen. He tried those roles but his audience did not like him in those roles expect Tere Naam but critics nor anyone gave him an award so why should he? Just so that people can praise him. He wants the audience to see his movies not to please critics!

To be honest Most main stream actors cant act anyway!  Its their popularity and BO that counts!😊

You want to see true acting we got alternative cinema.
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
^ Excuse me? Since when has Naseerudhin Shah been unknown πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

he may not have rabid fangirls, but trust me, he is in an entirelllyyy different league.

in fact, brining him into a discussion centered around Salman Khan is uh.. a litttle short of major folly.
Originally posted by liverach

^ Excuse me? Since when has Naseerudhin Shah been unknown πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

he may not have rabid fangirls, but trust me, he is in an entirelllyyy different league.

in fact, brining him into a discussion centered around Salman Khan is uh.. a litttle short of major folly.

I didn't say Naseeurdin Shah was unknown (anyways I edited since others may misinterrupt) .Also, I brought him in to state that those who want to see true acting go watch their movies (but why only NS, you dont think Nana is a good actor? . Those who want pure entertainment  in mainstream cinema see Salman, Akshay, SRK. Those who want intensity in Mainstream cinema see Aamir, Emraan, or  Ajay. Those who want alternative cinema go see those actors. People have a choice, like me.

There are some movies I like that were small buget like monsoon wedding, Preity's Videsh (heaven on earth). I have also seen Kamal hassan's south movies and he is great.

I dont get why you are upset when I agree with you.

Originally posted by wat_up

I didn't say Naseeurdin Shah was unknown. Read my post again. I said there are ynknown actors who do arty roles and Later mention also actors who are known like him omi puri and nana who are true actors and involved in alternative cinema. But I choose not to see it unless it peaks my interest, like monsoon wedding. I have a right to watch what I want just has you have.

Also, I brought him in to state that those who want to see true acting watch their movies (but why only NS, you dont think Nana is a good actor? . Yet those who want pure entertainment see Salman, Akshay, SRK  movies as they are mainstream.

I dont get why you are upset when I agree with you.

Re-read your post, sorry for overreacting, haha turns out, I agree with you 
this is embarrasing πŸ˜•
Originally posted by liverach

Re-read your post, sorry for overreacting, haha turns out, I agree with you 
this is embarrasing πŸ˜•
No problem, and I just edited mine lol! because I thought my post was misleading. Glad we agree😊

@BB, Salman's audience  and supporters will always support him. 😊  We know he is a rockstar, a  superstar actor who is picking roles to please his audience (I like that personally) . His tweets and interviews are just great. When he goes on a show to promote a movie. You don't know that he is their to promote like other stars because he starts to engage with the audience. On KJo's charity show he gave his own money no other actor did that to help this poor man's kids and help them get a good education.  πŸ‘
Salman was one of the best actors during the 90's. From Maine Pyaar Kiya to Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam his acting was superb. I simply loved him as the doting BIL in HANK. Then there were movies like HDDCS, Baaghi, Sajan and all. But HDDCS was the last film where i saw him acting. Rest all were crap. After HDDCS , he desperately needed a hit and Dabang was it but even then he cannot achieve the same level of success that he once had during the 90's. Nothing can get him what he lost after HDDCS. Yes Tere Naam again was another movie where he proved his acting skills but it was too late by then.