India-Forums

Jai's And Sid's Latest FB Uptodates (Page 7)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

This is an international board exam. What has the world come to?

From when did CBSE become international?LOL

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by debayon

On the other hand, despite the changing times, English is still a language of the elites, per se. I mean, if you go to a lower middle class or lower class family and converse in English, they might screw up on proper structure etc...I don't mean to put it as a problem in India, because India is certainly better off than some first world countries like Spain, France etc, where you'd be fortunate to find a English speaker. Just stating the facts.

I can't speak for Spain, but many French people actually know English very well (barring accents). The problem with French people is that they take so much pride in French that they often refuse to speak in English, especially to those they deem obnoxious tourists or Americans.

From feedback with Spanish, Mexican and Polish people, many avoid talking in English especially to Americans because they feel they are being judged over their accents and pronunciations.

According to international tourism surveys Americans, Japanese and Indians are the most xenophobic tourists and have the hardest time communicating and assimilating due to their inabilities to open up to a different culture. On the other hand Dutch, Israelis, and Scandinavians are most embracing and report least communication issues.

The language barrier in speaking English tends not to be an education issue, but also an issue of cross-cultural communication and perception as well.

Indians and xenophobic? Haha, so trueLOL Anyways, I agree about the French with what you said, they are indeed too proud and not just with Americans, any tourists. That's why the Vietnamese had a hard time assimilating thereLOL Hence, the stereotype "French hate everyone; everyone hates French"LOL Well, my parents don't have an American accent, so yeah, dunno how they would feel vulnerable like that. Wonder why so much ego..maybe WWII led to increased nationalism. Hmmm, anyways, sorry for going off topicLOL

Edited by debayon - 27 May 2011 at 5:26pm
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta_salman

I would say Indian English curriculum In India spends gives more emphasis on the language structure and sentence structure. The basic problem is the teachers, like all Indian teachers, make you cram these words that people don't really use on a daily basis, plus they make you memorize like 10 pages of say, Wren and Martin. I remember having to do that in 6th gradeLOL So yeah, due to the education system, the  usage is not correctly upheld.

On the other hand, despite the changing times, English is still a language of the elites, per se. I mean, if you go to a lower middle class or lower class family and converse in English, they might screw up on proper structure etc...I don't mean to put it as a problem in India, because India is certainly better off than some first world countries like Spain, France etc, where you'd be fortunate to find a English speaker. Just stating the facts.

I guess people have already mentioned the usage of this shorthand lingo. It is apparently convenient. I don't get the convenience, but guess I am not alone...anyways, many people also think it is a style statement and it is 'cool' to use this lingo, so they use it just for the heck of it, even if they find it a problem. 
@bold ... In Spain (nor in France), English is not an official language ,,, yes its important and essential to know English in this century but they don't have the obligation to learn it.
If my parents wouldn't be Indian i dont think Id know English either which is a sad thing here in Spain
I agree tht the level here is poor , actually very poor .. but Spain isnt India .. in India the 2nd official language is English while in Spain, English is not an official language.. its language tht some pepole are just fortunate to learn

and @dia ... i dunno girl .. in my opinion all India wants is bring English as the most imp and spoken laguage there ,,, hence i think its essential to know English being a celeb
Oh, you're from Spain? I'm sorry if I offended youSmile

I never said they HAVE to learn, just that in this age of globalization, India is much better off than other 1st world countries as far as communication is concerned. That's why you see call centers being set up mostly in India. 

Actually India doesn't have an official language. Yes, the most widely spoken language spoken there is Hindi, but it is not official. 
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:46pm | IP Logged

Actually India doesn't have an official language. Yes, the most widely spoken language spoken there is Hindi, but it is not official. 

Actually, India has an official language. Hindi & English, http://india.gov.in/knowindia/official_language.php

India has no national language.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfdebayonnikitagmcThatOneGuyLeadNitrate

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Actually, India has an official language. Hindi & English, http://india.gov.in/knowindia/official_language.php

India has no national language.
Hush, trying to be smart here!
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
funny facebook fails - TaLkiNG ShYt

LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitagmc

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

ISC is supposed to be better and the syllabus is believed to be a lot tougher but CBSE claims to have an international syllabus which helps a lot of the students get in to universities abroad.

As far as I am aware UCAS (the British university application system) actually recognises CBSE to be equivalent to our A Level exam system when Indian students are applying to universities here. So I'd say that it is indeed international.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

ISC is supposed to be better and the syllabus is believed to be a lot tougher but CBSE claims to have an international syllabus which helps a lot of the students get in to universities abroad.

As far as I am aware UCAS (the British university application system) actually recognises CBSE to be equivalent to our A Level exam system when Indian students are applying to universities here. So I'd say that it is indeed international.
Hmmm, as far as I knew, it was the other way around. ICSE is definitely the tougher one though. well, I guess we learn something new everyday.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index