India-Forums

Jai's And Sid's Latest FB Uptodates (Page 4)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I find it irritating when people use that text language when writing e-mails to their professors. One good example is what one my friend who is a teaching assistant to a professor showed me:

wherda tests @?

That's exactly what the student wrote to the professor. No joke. Isn't that just appalling? He didn't even address the professor or anything. Why would you write like that to your professor?

Haha, not sure what uni you go to but most lecturers and tutors actually have a rule that they will not reply to e-mails in text language or in slang.

There are many things wrong with the above though. Firstly, how the hell is the professor supposed to know what tests? Is the student a first, second, third year of postgrad student and lastly who the hell the student is! lol

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I find it irritating when people use that text language when writing e-mails to their professors. One good example is what one my friend who is a teaching assistant to a professor showed me:

wherda tests @?

That's exactly what the student wrote to the professor. No joke. Isn't that just appalling? He didn't even address the professor or anything. Why would you write like that to your professor?

Haha, not sure what uni you go to but most lecturers and tutors actually have a rule that they will not reply to e-mails in text language or in slang.

There are many things wrong with the above though. Firstly, how the hell is the professor supposed to know what tests? Is the student a first, second, third year of postgrad student and lastly who the hell the student is! lol

Yeah, even at my uni they have a rule too, but she thought it was so ridiculous that she shared it with my friend and my friend share it with me. LOL Yes, just about everything is wrong with that one line. 
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Mihirism

I know a lot of people who write lyk dis...and trust me, I have tried asking them the reason for it and apparently, it "saves time" LOL 
plus frequently I responses like "its cumin thru wat i mean so no need 2 write ful sentnce" and all I am left to say is "go back to myspace" LOL

In India, a lot of people don't have that good of a typing ability, so they have to look down at the keyboard to find the letters so they just chose to eat away as many letters as they can to save time and energy LOL 
this so reminds me of my old days when I was in India and used to "typ3 lyk dis" Ouch just comes across as stupid ...

To be honest it's usually just a phase people go through. I'd be surprised if they actually wrote like that while filling in their job applications. It does frustrate me to see people at uni still typing like that though. How old do you have to get before you grow out of it?

Most people on IF, including you and me have studied at a school/college where English is the main language, these guys aren't really used to the language as much so I can't really blame them. It doesn't explain why they choose to use slang and all sorts of strange abbreviations but like they say, old habits die hard.

People who used to 'tYpE lYk dis...!!!!!!!!!' some 3 years ago now have no problem forming a proper english sentence!Smile

Well when I was in india, I went to an international school where also english was the main language but it wasn't the language that was a barrier while typing...It was the disability to type without having to look on the keyboard...at least for me! 
For some others it was to appear "cool" LOL

Sometimes its acceptable though..."I love you" can become "I love u" but if it turns into "I love yhu" then my respect for you goes down down down down LOL

Edited by Mihirism - 25 May 2011 at 8:14pm
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Jai,

mayb nxt tym u cn type ful wrds 

tQ

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-ThatOneGuy

onizuka Senior Member
onizuka
onizuka

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Wink whats wrong with u guys... as if... gosh... grrr... OMG... JK... Confused
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by onizuka

@Maroon...was that a fart? Confused it "stinks" man WinkLOL
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by onizuka

Sir,

what in the devil's name may you be blabbering?
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:55pm | IP Logged

Haha, RTH you legend!LOL
The grammar nazi in me awakens whenever I read such messages. Whether that be on IF or on FB.

I'm not surprised though. People who do not know how to differentiate between 'surprise' and 'suprise' and 'their/they're/there' are awarded 95% in their English CBSE board exams so it comes as no surprise that people continue to spell like that.

Please tell me you're joking.  Stern Smile Anyways, like you said, usually typing lyk dis is usually just a phase and they will outgrow it. I've seen some of my old posts on this forum from 5-6 years back...and I can't believe I used to write like that. So if I can outgrow it, they should be able to as well.

@tulip:
Okay it took me 10 minutes but this is what Amrita said: hey, where were you in the shoot today?
At that email a student sent your prof, wow. There's just way too many things wrong with that one..well whatever you call it...because it's not a sentence.

Edited by chocolover89 - 25 May 2011 at 9:05pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index