India-Forums

Jai's And Sid's Latest FB Uptodates (Page 3)

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ekta_salman

Originally posted by chocolover89

The only celeb I've come across who actually writes in proper English using correct sentences and grammar is Rahul Khanna. The rest talk like: dis is gonna b gr8.

Its not just celebs either..I've seen plenty of fans type like this.
lol the only celeb ive come across tht writes proper English is Salman LOL pheww im glad about tht

and i swear usually people from india are the ones who write lyk dis

Does he? Good for him!  I don't follow any of the DID stars/judges on FB so I have no idea..whatever news I get is from this forum or any articles on them LOL

True..I have noticed that. My cousins type like that..it drives me nuts. I used to be forum-language stupid..it used to take me 20 mins to decipher...now I'm much faster LOL

I follow on Rahul on twitter..he's funny, classy and he writes well too Embarrassed
i know right ... lol ... my cousins in india write like tht too ... its so irritating to waste ur time trying to figure out the hieroglyphic

My cousins write that that too, and it's sooo annoying! I just reply them saying to talk to me properly because I cannot understand their broken English, and I seriously can't. It takes me 20 minutes to understand the gist of it!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-gilmores

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Jai,

I admire your dance and versatility. I'll give your dance precedence over other personality concerns. However, I do hope this FB account that these updates keep getting posted from is a BS fake account. If that is your account, I hope you just have some dumb shizzle assistant.

If there is one thing I cannot stand in this world is that kind of language and vocabulary. If you want to communicate, communicate in coherent sentences using proper words, spelling and punctuation. If not duct tape your trap, or rather in this case your digits.

You are making me really torn between the language police and love of dance.

- RTH

Siddhesh,

Please don't cum. Not in old getup, not in new get up. Not on Zee, not on Star. This is a family forum and those are family channels.

Again language police. Whatever happened to proper communication.

- RTH

Haha, RTH you legend!LOL
The grammar nazi in me awakens whenever I read such messages. Whether that be on IF or on FB.

I'm not surprised though. People who do not know how to differentiate between 'surprise' and 'suprise' and 'their/they're/there' are awarded 95% in their English CBSE board exams so it comes as no surprise that people continue to spell like that.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 6:36pm | IP Logged

The only celeb I've come across who actually writes in proper English using correct sentences and grammar is Rahul Khanna. The rest talk like: dis is gonna b gr8.

Its not just celebs either..I've seen plenty of fans type like this.
lol the only celeb ive come across tht writes proper English is Salman LOL pheww im glad about tht

and i swear usually people from india are the ones who write lyk dis

You'd think so wouldn't you?

You'd be surprised at the amount of high school kids that talk like that on MSN. I've instructed all my younger cousins to talk to me in proper english or else they'll look back in life and regret itLOL

A lot of it comes down to education too. Lots of these celebs haven't studied in an English Medium school whereas Salman studied in UAE and I'm guessing in an Indian International School where speaking English is very common. If you notice people like Harsha Bhogle who is highly educated and has studied in one of the top colleges in India, he speaks even better English than I do.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-gilmores

ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
I know a lot of people who write lyk dis...and trust me, I have tried asking them the reason for it and apparently, it "saves time" LOL 
plus frequently I responses like "its cumin thru wat i mean so no need 2 write ful sentnce" and all I am left to say is "go back to myspace" LOL

In India, a lot of people don't have that good of a typing ability, so they have to look down at the keyboard to find the letters so they just chose to eat away as many letters as they can to save time and energy LOL 
this so reminds me of my old days when I was in India and used to "typ3 lyk dis" Ouch just comes across as stupid ...
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Another gem...

hey wer wr u n d shoot 2de...

Edited by Mihirism - 25 May 2011 at 7:06pm
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mihirism

Another gem...

hey wer wr u n d shoot 2de...

what is she trying to say? Confused seriously.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mihirism

I know a lot of people who write lyk dis...and trust me, I have tried asking them the reason for it and apparently, it "saves time" LOL 
plus frequently I responses like "its cumin thru wat i mean so no need 2 write ful sentnce" and all I am left to say is "go back to myspace" LOL

In India, a lot of people don't have that good of a typing ability, so they have to look down at the keyboard to find the letters so they just chose to eat away as many letters as they can to save time and energy LOL 
this so reminds me of my old days when I was in India and used to "typ3 lyk dis" Ouch just comes across as stupid ...

To be honest it's usually just a phase people go through. I'd be surprised if they actually wrote like that while filling in their job applications. It does frustrate me to see people at uni still typing like that though. How old do you have to get before you grow out of it?

Most people on IF, including you and me have studied at a school/college where English is the main language, these guys aren't really used to the language as much so I can't really blame them. It doesn't explain why they choose to use slang and all sorts of strange abbreviations but like they say, old habits die hard.

People who used to 'tYpE lYk dis...!!!!!!!!!' some 3 years ago now have no problem forming a proper english sentence!Smile
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
I find it irritating when people use that text language when writing e-mails to their professors. One good example is what one my friend who is a teaching assistant to a professor showed me:

wherda tests @?

That's exactly what the student wrote to the professor. No joke. Isn't that just appalling? He didn't even address the professor or anything. Why would you write like that to your professor?

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index