Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Mihirism

Another gem...

hey wer wr u n d shoot 2de...

what is she trying to say? ðŸ˜• seriously.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Mihirism

I know a lot of people who write lyk dis...and trust me, I have tried asking them the reason for it and apparently, it "saves time" ðŸ˜† 
plus frequently I responses like "its cumin thru wat i mean so no need 2 write ful sentnce" and all I am left to say is "go back to myspace" ðŸ˜†

In India, a lot of people don't have that good of a typing ability, so they have to look down at the keyboard to find the letters so they just chose to eat away as many letters as they can to save time and energy ðŸ˜† 
this so reminds me of my old days when I was in India and used to "typ3 lyk dis"  just comes across as stupid ...

To be honest it's usually just a phase people go through. I'd be surprised if they actually wrote like that while filling in their job applications. It does frustrate me to see people at uni still typing like that though. How old do you have to get before you grow out of it?

Most people on IF, including you and me have studied at a school/college where English is the main language, these guys aren't really used to the language as much so I can't really blame them. It doesn't explain why they choose to use slang and all sorts of strange abbreviations but like they say, old habits die hard.

People who used to 'tYpE lYk dis...!!!!!!!!!' some 3 years ago now have no problem forming a proper english sentence!😊
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
I find it irritating when people use that text language when writing e-mails to their professors. One good example is what one my friend who is a teaching assistant to a professor showed me:

wherda tests @?

That's exactly what the student wrote to the professor. No joke. Isn't that just appalling? He didn't even address the professor or anything. Why would you write like that to your professor?
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

I find it irritating when people use that text language when writing e-mails to their professors. One good example is what one my friend who is a teaching assistant to a professor showed me:

wherda tests @?

That's exactly what the student wrote to the professor. No joke. Isn't that just appalling? He didn't even address the professor or anything. Why would you write like that to your professor?

Haha, not sure what uni you go to but most lecturers and tutors actually have a rule that they will not reply to e-mails in text language or in slang.

There are many things wrong with the above though. Firstly, how the hell is the professor supposed to know what tests? Is the student a first, second, third year of postgrad student and lastly who the hell the student is! lol
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Haha, not sure what uni you go to but most lecturers and tutors actually have a rule that they will not reply to e-mails in text language or in slang.

There are many things wrong with the above though. Firstly, how the hell is the professor supposed to know what tests? Is the student a first, second, third year of postgrad student and lastly who the hell the student is! lol

Yeah, even at my uni they have a rule too, but she thought it was so ridiculous that she shared it with my friend and my friend share it with me. ðŸ˜† Yes, just about everything is wrong with that one line. 
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

To be honest it's usually just a phase people go through. I'd be surprised if they actually wrote like that while filling in their job applications. It does frustrate me to see people at uni still typing like that though. How old do you have to get before you grow out of it?

Most people on IF, including you and me have studied at a school/college where English is the main language, these guys aren't really used to the language as much so I can't really blame them. It doesn't explain why they choose to use slang and all sorts of strange abbreviations but like they say, old habits die hard.

People who used to 'tYpE lYk dis...!!!!!!!!!' some 3 years ago now have no problem forming a proper english sentence!😊

Well when I was in india, I went to an international school where also english was the main language but it wasn't the language that was a barrier while typing...It was the disability to type without having to look on the keyboard...at least for me! 
For some others it was to appear "cool" ðŸ˜†

Sometimes its acceptable though..."I love you" can become "I love u" but if it turns into "I love yhu" then my respect for you goes down down down down 😆
Edited by Mihirism - 12 years ago
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Jai,

mayb nxt tym u cn type ful wrds 

tQ
onizuka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
😉 whats wrong with u guys... as if... gosh... grrr... OMG... JK... 😕
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: onizuka

@Maroon...was that a fart? ðŸ˜• it "stinks" man ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: onizuka

Sir,

what in the devil's name may you be blabbering?