beti-bewi----wah geet - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Firstly-- Geet did say she cannot hear anyone malign his name.. that is too much for her to bear..

Secondly-- equating this with the incident which made Geet leave is like comparing apples and oranges😆... irrelevant.

Thirdly-- One cannot be so categorical  as to only think in terms of weighed relationships.. Simply cause I'm married does not automatically make my husband outweigh other people in my family. For me my husband stands right there with them and theres no demarcation to weigh separate ,one from the other.

What you call old-fashioned is maybe conservative, but not typical to the olden times. In my own family, my mother, my grandmother have all thought the same. .. how does one even start measuring like that?

just my pov.. no offence intended.
I agree tht husband comes first.So when Geet left her house..that time her husband had insulted her..it was to do with her self respect..

But today its her mistake that she told lies to her family.
So being a daughter she should be with her family and clear evrythng.
If she would go with MSK..then it would be selfishness...as it will look like..Since Husband wife is together she dont care about the family who brought her up and loves her so much...

I think its right decision to stay with her family and clear thing 😊

Just my point of view

Originally posted by tere_liye_10

I disagree😕
I wud put my duty as a daughter 1st as i was there daughter b4 his wife.
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u
U dont just leave them after marriage,U support them😳
Just my POV,no offence intended😊😛
sara xx
I agree...but if those parents are misunderstanding your husband...for anything...then it is your responsibility to clear that...and give your parents/family the chance to gain and show the respect to their son-in-law...here with Geet telling Maan to leave...that would not happen...
Originally posted by Gurtian...

I agree tht husband comes first.So when Geet left her house..that time her husband had insulted her..it was to do with her self respect..

But today its her mistake that she told lies to her family.
So being a daughter she should be with her family and clear evrythng.
If she would go with MSK..then it would be selfishness...as it will look like..Since Husband wife is together she dont care about the family who brought her up and loves her so much...

I think its right decision to stay with her family and clear thing 😊

Just my point of view

I agree completely...THEY should not leave without clearing everything...but I mean Maan and Geet both...Geet should not send Maan away and try to clear...that needs to be done with him there...

I disagree😕
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u.
sara xx

I disagree. My parents have taught me to value my husband more than anyone else. I have seen my mother and my mother-in-law do that. And when I have a husband who deserves that kind of respect, then I have no problem following what my mother taught me.

also your real life journey begins when you are married and having kids with your husband just seals that relationship. it is most divine.

My husband and my kids are my basic unit of family and my parents come in the inner circle with rest of family int he outer circle. It is interesting how both me and my hsuband think the same way

I disagree😕
And in my religion,U put your parents b4 everyone else as they raised u,looked after u.
sara xx
we are not saying we should leave parents no never but when u marry hubby should come before because that becomes ur home so ur hubby is everything if i fight arise if ur hubby is not wrong and ur parents or ur family relatives insult him badily and asked to leave then we ladies can't stand it and can't take it even thought its ur parents or ur relative can't take the insult hubby insult is a insult to u same goes with hubby and his parents too if they insult u with no reason hubby fights for his wify that's the magic of hubby-wify relatinship -----here heart works the respect towards ur patner plays an important role.
Originally posted by jshaila

we are not saying we should leave parents no never but when u marry hubby should come before because that becomes ur home so ur hubby is everything if i fight arise if ur hubby is not wrong and ur parents or ur family relatives insult him badily and asked to leave then we ladies can't stand it and can't take it even thought its ur parents or ur relative can't take the insult hubby insult is a insult to u same goes with hubby and his parents too if they insult u with no reason hubby fights for his wify that's the magic of hubby-wify relatinship -----here heart works the respect towards ur patner plays an important role.

Geet said "Aaj Beti ki farz" meaning at the moment...things are never static..she didn't mean that they will always come first...but at this point in time it is important for her to fix things...
Our parents and elders shape who we are...we learn to respect our partner through our parents...if we lose that respect for parents than the respect for partner holds no value...
You mentioned that if anyone insults your hubby you feel bad...but similarly if anyone insults/hurts your parents you feel JUST as bad...

PS: Obviously this is just my point of view...and I don't believe there is a right or wrong...just different opinions.
Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago

I disagree😕
sara xx

I agree with you Sara...Our parent's are our guides who shape us...
Edited by maan-ki-sanjana - 12 years ago
geet should go with MSK...
Well girls !

No need to think much, coz geet has always been like this only !

First, baby herself was imp, then baby, then herself and now daughter ! So, i don think so that, at least, i can expect anything from her ! Not at all ! 

I think she will stay there only ! She won't go and Maan will have to leave and stay somewhere else in amritsar only ! This is my guess ! 

And, yes I can't say anything on marriage and all that, coz i'm too young and not married ! But, i personally, will love my hubby more than anything ! And, very personally, i would not like to leave my hubby's home at ANY COST, and come to my parents home ! 
Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago