Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Didn't we just celebrate Mothers' Day earlier this month?  Well, the powers that be realised belatedly that they hadn't celebrated it on their shows.  Thus, we have this track, at least in GHSP -- a daughter apologising to her mother.

It must have been the channel this time around too.  Let's keep a close watch to see if Hallmark is one of the new sponsors.
Edited by hegdemedha - 12 years ago
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: hegdemedha

@ Shradha:  No, he likely won't.  He'll probably set up shop in Amritsar. 

But, with all the plotting and planning to get into Beeji's and Teji's good books and doing all they can to further cement the relationship between their families by forging another matrimonial alliance, they aren't going to have much time to romance, are they?  

Its strange that despite all that one hears and reads about how forward Gujarat is on certain ๐Ÿ˜‰ matters...its amazing the housewives dont like romance...Now what does that tell you?

Looks like I have scared everyone away with my Pati is not Parmeshwar talk๐Ÿ˜†. So would you brand me as a feminist nazi?
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Shrads:U hv a point ...yes its not a easy choice and in real life not always necessary that we choose our hubby over family ...Yesterday I never had a problem with her decision to stay back...I had a problem with her cliched dialogues of comparing both duties and putting one over another when even her husband is equally humiliated in that house...I was expecting a more neutral dialogue from her because the matter not just involved her but even her husband's reputation was in stake there๐Ÿค”...

About the family ,ok lets assume they r not aware of whole Dev-Geet fiasco ...but one cannot deny the fact that being a family ,they were not of any help when her life was in danger ...and that point of time MSK was the one who rescued her...
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Jyo- Since I havent watched...I cant really comment on what she said...MSK saving her when her life was in danger...and Geet losing the baby as a conseuqence of trying to arrange help for MSK when she thought his life was in danger...makes them even stevens... can we call it quits on the scorecard now ๐Ÿ˜†. But like I said- what she said and why she chose who she chose- this is never going to be a cut and dried case...there will always be grey and for every one women who chooses her husband there will be one who will choose family. So how can we sit judgement on her?

Medha- WHy dont you make a Geet vs Maan scorecard and we can objectively evaluate who has saved whom more times during the show?
hegdemedha thumbnail
Originally posted by: -pixie-

Its strange that despite all that one hears and reads about how forward Gujarat is on certain ๐Ÿ˜‰ matters...its amazing the housewives dont like romance...Now what does that tell you?

Looks like I have scared everyone away with my Pati is not Parmeshwar talk๐Ÿ˜†. So would you brand me as a feminist nazi?

Hearsay evidence, Shradha.  It doesn't count for much, does it?๐Ÿ˜‰

I thought everyone would have been showering you with rose petals for actually saying that Pati is not Dev.  At least, true Maaneet fans should.  Imagine what would have happened if Geet were to start saying, "Pati is Dev."๐Ÿ˜†

You and a feminist Nazi?!? No!!!

I guess folks are probably just introspecting.  What would I have done if I were in Geet's shoes? Yes, even if I had MSK for a husband. Right, ladies?

Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with Shrads here

Geet has a comfort zone with MSK...even MSK for that matter...

both take each other for granted...Geet keeps pushing him away when he gets romantic knowing the fact the he will return to her the next instance...

she really took him for granted as Ballu before forgiving him...always asking him to move away and saying she does not want him around her...Somewhere when we do such behavior with our loved once we know that they will never leave us and will come back to us come what may...
sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

geet should set things right with the family that sheltered her and on her behalf held MSK responsible coz she was hurt...she deceieved them and they came out looking like fools...yes she needs to earn back the trust and respect on her and her husband's behalf...hence her beti ka farz is not wrong...and as i said this time she needs to set things right not MSK...he can help her but not do what she should be doing coz she as a daughter betrayed trust.,,,,

the problem as many said was theplacement of that dialogue...the intent was not wrong but the dialogue was sloppy contradicting what geet said in the start...

in order to prove her beti ka farz there is no need for ehr patni ka farz to take a beating...she could have rather mouthed that this duty was also her part as his wife...where she promises to clear his name and earn him the respect of the damad of the house...

and with this

good afternoon ladies๐Ÿค—
hegdemedha thumbnail
@ Jyo: I agree with Shradha.  Why should Geet have to prioritise MSK over her family? 

Wasn't MSK the one who wanted to soothe all ruffled feathers in her maternal clan and take her back with ceremonious pomp? 

Wasn't MSK the one who came up with the plan to do so and prevented her from voicing the truth when Dev was first mistaken as Maan? 

That was his object. Unfortunately, for him, his plan failed miserably.  And, in the process, they ended up skinning the birds.

Now, I can also argue that Geet's decision to stay back was because Geet did not want to see Maan proved a failure.  If she is to prove her man to her maternal clan (that is soothe all ruffled feathers and go back to Delhi with ceremonious pomp), she'd first have to play the role of a daughter to nurse the injured birds back to health and then have them see her off with ceremonious pomp.  And, as a daughter, it would be important for her to assure them that she is indeed happy with her spouse.

And, even if I do not link her decision to her object of restoring Maan's maan, I'd say that it's perfectly fine.  Once bitten, twice shy.  She had a tiff with her husband and walked off without amicably discussing the issue.  He came back to woo her and succeeded in restoring their ties.  Now, they have a tiff with her clan.  If she walks off again, she hasn't learned from her past experience, has she?  Knowing her clan, as she does, she surely knows that they are not likely to come after her and play chef and chauffeur at Khurana Mansion.

PS:  I have not seen the controversial precap, as I caught a repeat telecast last night.
hegdemedha thumbnail
Well, better late than never.

Anu, Jyo, Saj and Shradha: Good afternoon ๐Ÿค—
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Medha:My question is why u need to prioritise at all ??..I mean whether its family over MSK or MSK over family...Why compare in the first palce ?..thats where I hv a problem with the whole dialogue./..when u love both parties equally then the comparison should not arise in the first place