Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pink gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
MIK ,regardless of what all must have transpired between him and the production house,always maintained a dignified silence on this matter.He never went out and away in the media talking about the reason behind their tiff,which was possibly his priorities at that point of time.
Agreed that Balaji gave him a great launch pad but it was his own talent that made Angad what he is.
Balaji or no Balaji,it doesn't make a difference...his choice of roles has been always been awesome ...I would never give his credit to an Ekta Kapoor 
and I am sorry but I can never agree on the fact that a dev or a manav are stronger characters than Rudra in any possible sense.
Rudra is the most complex and yet the most simplified character i have ever seen on television.His potential was brought down to some extent by the cv's midway but that never let his charm to hold the audience's attention grow an inch less
Amrita0901 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Totally agree with you Sanya yes Ekta gave him a chance but it was his own talent that made him shine. Whether Angad or Shiv were offered to him by Ekta saying he is nothing withour her and Balaji is no justice at all because MIK made those characters rememberable because of his talent not because of anyone else. I am sure he is grateful to her but saying she made him is not true. And why is everyone hating on Rudra. MIK did the best he could it isn't his fault if the creatives screwed up his character. Rudra was quite different from his other roles and he really enjoyed playing Rudra too. Like Sanya said he was simple but at the same time so complex with different shades of gray to him. In my opinion Rudra was just as good as ANGAD or SHIV the only difference is that those characters were more popular. Sorry if I offended anyone.

The funniest part is this topic went from Iqbal and Neha and KYPH to something completly differnt ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by Amrita0901 - 12 years ago
jakr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I totally agree Rudra was very different  and totally enjoyable. Iqbal made it immortal like Angad Shiv and Abhimanyu and Shankaar. 
Whatever I have followed all these years. he is a very simple and straight forward person I have never seen him bashing anyone or for the matter thankless to anyone or shown any disrespect. Yes One has their own choices and they have to move forward irrespective of whatever happened. I wish him all the best withe whole of my heart. RuDRA was just awsome and sangini was enjoyable. I will wait for MIK 

jakr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@TRINIROY  Yes you have mentioned the characters of manav and Dev.  But they are very good and mahans and out of the world , But I loved Rudra  the passionate lover and the angry young man and toned down by the happening aaround him He was aman with a golden heart and  only the surrounding people took advantage of him Why he should be a Manav or dev. the sterotype sacrifising character shown umpteen time in so many serials. Any day I love to watch Rudra the unpredictable character than the predictabe usual characters.Iqbal did a wonderful thing choosing this Rudra. It worked for me
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think to each is own about Rudra; some people really liked this character while there are those like myself for whom he never appealed and found MIK ill suited for this role. I also never found Manav or Dev any better. In fact we have a running joke that Manav is superboring and we actually have a cousin who reminds us of him and we have even renamed him Manav in private or vice versa๐Ÿ˜‰

To me, Rudra was emotionally immature, over-the-top obsessed with the woman he loved, unstable, boring, an alcoholic, and had poor anger management skills. He never presented as someone who had any common sense.  And his constant threats of suicide were a bore and unappealing. He also lacked confidence. If that is how Rudra was meant to be then MIK played him well. He might well appeal to a younger crowd of females as well.

To compare him Shiv? ROFL. No comparison there. Perhaps the Shiv played by Yash Tonk in the later episodes but not the earlier character as he was initially introduced. And despite this talent, what has he done since is leave from Balaji's that will be as equally memorable? Talent is great but unless you have a production company willing to work with you and even welcome your creative input, you have nothing.

MIK is going to have to find another production company after this who will give him a chance. I think they will as well, but it will probably after summer when we will see him again.

Edited by Laila2009 - 12 years ago
khushrox thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laila2009

I agree with you in that Balaji's played a very powerful role in creating his success as can be seen in the terrible "success" he has had since then. However, he doesn't dismiss the role they've played in making him who he is today. MIK made the worst mistake of his career when he walked out of KAA and broke his relationship with the Balaji's.  Since then he has not even been allowed to work of any drama on StarPlus.

What I don't like about your post is the "get over it attitude" towards those who feel cheated from having seen the character of Shiv played by MIK to the very end. It's a loss that a number of us still feel and this deprivation will always be there among a number of his fans. I think, if MIK or his agent are wise, they will make a conscientious effort to find a similar role for him and a similar looking actress to fulfill that character.  Sorry BS fans but she is not the one who will suit him in the future either. No-more of this duo.

MIK could not afford to walk out of this show. The good thing is he actually enjoyed playing this character up to a point, so that played to his advantage in staying.  Personally, he is a decent actor but NOT a great actor and does NOT compare to actors like Aamir Khan but he can pass as well as these Shah Rukh's (sorry, I love SRK, but he's not that great an actor), Salman Khan etc who are really OK.  MIK needs a break but his behavior with the Balaji's has ruined his reputation and NO-ONe will take a gamble like that with him again. Producers don't welcome this behavior and this act of walking out on a drama preceeded him.

Laila- respect to ur opinion...i cudn't agree more with u...

as far as ur comments on 'get over it attitude' is concerned...let me clarify - i was one of the many on IF who had disagreed with IQ's decision to leave KAA...
think of it practically a person asking for 2months leave- to get married, is fishy...n the fact tat EK hasn't let bygones be bygones is also something worth noting...mainly because IQ was her favourite and she went out of her way to promote him in all possible ways,which ofcourse now many do not agree(after reading their comments)...i wud not like to go into details coz tat only add salt to our wounds...
in most of his interviews he say tat Shiv is his best character, n in the same breath he says he does not regret leaving KAA, contrasting statement...i must say...
anyways...i always look forward for his new shows...coz the fan in me refuses to give up...but the fact is equally true tat the production houses also look for stability while their show is on๐Ÿ˜ƒ
as far as balaji n him working together...i dunno...coz now Ekta seems to be moving away from TV and shifting her focus on film production...as far as Pallavi is also concerned...i dunno...she has never made any statements in this reference ever...but u never know wen wishes cum true...
JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jakr

@TRINIROY  Yes you have mentioned the characters of manav and Dev.  But they are very good and mahans and out of the world , But I loved Rudra  the passionate lover and the angry young man and toned down by the happening aaround him He was aman with a golden heart and  only the surrounding people took advantage of him Why he should be a Manav or dev. the sterotype sacrifising character shown umpteen time in so many serials. Any day I love to watch Rudra the unpredictable character than the predictabe usual characters.Iqbal did a wonderful thing choosing this Rudra. It worked for me

I also liked Rudra's character in the beginning.  But since the last few months I find his character very imbecile and immature, and cannot connect MIK with that kind of character.  In fact, his rank has gone down in the past several months, and that tells something.  However, It is not MIK's fault that I/or some viewers do not like Rudra's character anymore.   It is entirely my own opinion and I will not fight over it anymore with anyone. I hope MIK the very best.  Hope things work out for him in his next venture.
JuhiR thumbnail
Originally posted by: Laila2009

I think to each is own about Rudra; some people really liked this character while there are those like myself for whom he never appealed and found MIK ill suited for this role. I also never found Manav or Dev any better. In fact we have a running joke that Manav is superboring and we actually have a cousin who reminds us of him and we have even renamed him Manav in private or vice versa๐Ÿ˜‰

To me, Rudra was emotionally immature, over-the-top obsessed with the woman he loved, unstable, boring, an alcoholic, and had poor anger management skills. He never presented as someone who had any common sense.  And his constant threats of suicide were a bore and unappealing. He also lacked confidence. If that is how Rudra was meant to be then MIK played him well. He might well appeal to a younger crowd of females as well.

To compare him Shiv? ROFL. No comparison there. Perhaps the Shiv played by Yash Tonk in the later episodes but not the earlier character as he was initially introduced. And despite this talent, what has he done since is leave from Balaji's that will be as equally memorable? Talent is great but unless you have a production company willing to work with you and even welcome your creative input, you have nothing.

MIK is going to have to find another production company after this who will give him a chance. I think they will as well, but it will probably after summer when we will see him again.

That could be in your opinion but a large no. of viewers love Maanav and Dev.  Their celebrity ranks say it all.  Dev is superb, his quiet and reserved acting speaks it all.  I have seen dedicated, honest, sincere human beings, so i do not frown on them, or look down upon them as boring.  Maanav and Dev are quite human, but yes, I know that they are uninteresting people in the eyes of some people in the modern Zamana; people's values have changed quite a bit these days๐Ÿ˜•
shopaholic83 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
y r we comparing characters of diff shows??? all characters r diff and diff actors are playing the roles.
JuhiR thumbnail
Good point.  Sorry for digressing, and thanx for pointing that out ๐Ÿ˜Š