Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Star1 airing 5 new shows after IPL

asena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Read below

The IPL season may have slowed down the pace of show launches, but the coming months will offer enough entertainment in the form of 55 primetime shows. They include a bouquet of celebrity-based reality shows as well as daily and weekend soaps.

Exceptions like Sasural Simar Ka and Choti Si Zindagi that took off in the middle of the tournament have interested the ladies at home. The TRPs (television rating points) have proven that most top-rated daily soaps and reality shows garnered viewership despite the 20-20 matches showing in the primetime band.

"Our channel took a hit," says Ajay Bhalwankar, head of programming, Sony Entertainment, who is currently planning a slew of daily shows. "Fiction properties aren't as expensive as reality shows. And they have a more loyal and consistent following. So now, we've pulled our socks up."

So, 55 sounds like a big number, which might lead to a fierce race for eyeballs, right? Shailesh Kapoor, co-founder and CEO, Ormax Media, a media and entertainment research firm, agrees, "Too many programmes launching at the same time doesn't work. Well-promoted soaps will have an edge. Established reality shows like Khatron Ke Khiladi will stand out in a cluttered space too."

Soon, Hrithik Roshan will debut on TV with Just Dance, Akshay Kumar will be back with Khatron Ke Khiladi 4. Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Sunny Deol, John Abraham and Madhuri Dixit too will make their debuts and comebacks. In terms of daily shows, Ekta Kapoor returns to the prime time scene with Bade Ache Lagte Hain.

Ashvini Yardi, head of programming, Colors, observes that viewers always welcome choices:  "I would love to compete in the battlefield where there are plenty of options. What's the fun if you're running the race all alone?"

Other biggies on General Channels

India's Most Desirable (Star World): Simi Garewal returns after seven years as chat show host with a multi-coloured wardrobe; this time interviews country's most desirable figures like actor Ranbir Kapoor. 

India's Sexiest Bachelor (BIG CBS): This features top, single male stars with their entourage, colleagues and friends; eminent female star jury decides the winner.

India's Next Top Model (BIG CBS): Search is on for a young, spunky model and a movie star who can fit into supermodel-producer Tyra Banks' shoes.

The Real World (MTV): Another reality show that features youngsters caught up in situations and their absurd reactions.

Emotional Atyaachar (UTV Bindaas): Cheaters are back, so are the cheated, with some support from Ajay Devgn and Pravesh Rana.

Five shows to look forward to

* Bade Acche Lagte Hain'.: Ekta Kapoor brings back old world romance. It features an older lead pair (Ram Kapoor-Sakshi Tanwar).

* Khatron Ke Khiladi Torchaar: Akshay Kumar back as host to torment lady contestants, this time only twice a week. 

* Kaun Banega Crorepati Season Five: Amitabh Bachchan's next season on the hot seat expected to be much longer than the previous one.

* Bigg Boss 5: Salman Khan is expected to be back with his witty one-liners and cool-dude looks.

* Sach Ka Saamna 2: Rajeev Khandelwal brings back the moment of truth to the primetime, once again.

Coming soon...

Star Plus
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon;  Diya Baati; Sangharsh; BAG Films' political thriller; Tumse Hi; Maa; Suhag Ke Nupur; Just Dance; MasterChef India 2; Survivor

Colors
Hamari Saas Leela; Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani; Bhairavi Raichura's untitled show; Rajan Shahi's untitled show; Kalki; Khatron Ke Khiladi Torchaar; India's Got Talent 3; Bigg Boss 5; Chak Dhoom Dhoom;  Juhi Chawla's Badmaash Company

Imagine
Ratan Ka Rishta; Dwarkadheesh; Shreya Creations' next Desi Girl 2; Zor Ka Jhatka 2; Extreme Makeover's adaptation; Hamari Bahu; Dheeraj Kumar's untitled air-force based love story

Sony Entertainment
Bade Acche Lagte Hain'.; Kaun Banega Crorepati 5; X-Factor; Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega; Mahi Way 2; Babosa Mere Bhagwan;  Jhalak Dikkhlaa Jaa; Untitled UTV show

Zee TV
Jaanbaaz; Dance India Dance 3; Dance India Dance Li'l Masters; Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs; Jai Somnath; Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuyein

Sahara One
Untitled dance-based reality show; Jai Jai Bajrangbali; Neem Neem Shehed Shehed; Kahani Chandrakanta Ki

Star One
Sach Ka Saamna 2; Fashion and 3 Gujarati dailies

keep signing the petition and all those who can contribute to trps switch on your tv to star1 at 8:25PM

Edited by asena - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sravss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
but u have mentioned only 3??????
anyways thanks for the info
Edited by sravss - 12 years ago
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
GOD HELP US.. SERIOUSLY DONT THINK PKYEK is going..they cant do that..BECAUSE ITS THEIR NO.1 SHOW..PRAYING GOD..!!
asena thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sravss

but u have mentioned only 3??????

anyways thanks for the info

3 Gujrati shows, Fashions and Sach ka Samna season 2- these add upto 5
asena thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TOTAL-ROMANTIC

GOD HELP US.. SERIOUSLY DONT THINK PKYEK is going..they cant do that..BECAUSE ITS THEIR NO.1 SHOW..PRAYING GOD..!!

i hope you're right. i don't want pkyek to end so soon.😡
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
what about pyek. is it really  coming to end guys? guys start calling. i don't care. i had to come online. i am in break right now from class. dude, what is this. my heart is breaking in to million pieces right now. i think they will keep pyek. crossing fingers Edited by syria2014 - 12 years ago
asena thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: syria2014

what about pyek. is it really  coming to end guys? guys start calling. i don't care. i had to come online. i am in break right now from class. dude, what is this. my heart is breaking in to million pieces right now. i think they will keep pyek. crossing fingers

there is a possibility of yes or maybe it will survive as sach ka samna i think is a weekend show
there are right now 5 shows being aired on star1 and if sach ka samna is shown on weekends then 1 slot is left which can mean 1 show might stay
anu93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
No pls don't say like this I don't want PKYEK to end so soon...Thanks for info😊
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
yaaar, i don't know. what is this. my fav serial can't end. there is so much abhiya left. i will call star one on friday
asena thumbnail
keep signing the petition and all those who can contribute to trps switch on your tv to star1 at 8:25PM