Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Trp war between mothers

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

It's Apara Mehta V/s Vibha Chibber on TV..

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 | 5:03:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     It's Apara Mehta V/s Vibha Chibber on TV..

Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber are on the hunt to get a suitable match for their sons in their upcoming shows. Which mother will strike gold is the question now...

Viewers have been seeing the two stern mothers Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber in action on small screen, as they are on a hunt for prospective brides for their sons.

Wondering what we are talking about? Well, we are referring to the similar looking promos of two upcoming shows on television. While Apara Mehta portrays the light hearted yet stern mother in Colors' upcoming show Hamari Saas Leela, produced by Neela Telefilms, Vibha Chibber is the elder Mrs. Kaushik in Zee TV and Rashmi Sharma Telefilms' upcoming show, Mrs. Kaushik Ke Paanch Bahuyein.

A one look at both the promos, and one can visualize the striking similarity in the concepts which revolves around the mothers looking for a perfect match for their sons.

So how will the mothers go about this task? Which mother will emerge as the ultimate winner when it comes to TRPs?

If we go about looking at the experience of the actors, it looks asthough Apara has it in her to play the perfect mother-in-law as this zone is not new to her at all. On the other hand, we have Vibha who got to become a good mother in Star Plus' Bidaai, but needs to prove a point when it comes to portraying the demanding saas on small screen.

On this note, we talked to both the leading ladies  Apara Mehta and Vibha Chibber to know what they have to say about being pitted against each other in similar looking shows.

Apara justifies it like this. "Our story is very light hearted as it is based in Mumbai. The mother in law is very much genuine who understands life. But just because some past incident has shattered her, she makes her mind to find a perfect bride for her sons. Otherwise she has given all freedom to her children to live their life".

While Vibha has this to say, "I don't think our story is similar to the Colors' show, because my sons are already married; I am searching for a suitable girl only for my youngest son. And as the promo says, a girl who lies a lot will be my daughter in law. That's all I know
about my show".

It's now to be seen which of the mothers strikes gold! And when it comes to the production houses in competition, both Neela Telefilms and Rashmi Sharma Telefilms have succeeded in giving hit shows in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and Saathiya respectively. However
Neela Telefilms' last launch Pyaar Mein Twist could not get the needed TRP ratings, while Rashmi Sharma's Sasural Simar Ka has not had a great start.

All we can say is, Let The Game Begin..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/wassup/9608-it-apara-mehta-vs-vibha-chibber-on-tv.htm

Sounds so funny , the article.😆. I am going to watch Hamari Saas Leela as the promos are damn funny. Vibha Chabber needs to come back as Ragini's mom ðŸ˜‰. Always the name Bidaai is in news, wonder when news of Bidaai2 will come 
Mrs. Kaushik's promo reminds of one similar mother inlaw from an old movie Khoobsurat.
Edited by rekha03 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Even I will see the zee one mrs kaushik
I so want to see vibha ji as anmol's saas and ragini's mom