TOI: Akshay cant be partial to me-Dina

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Akshay can't be partial to me: Dina

Sarah Salvadore, TNN | May 25, 2011, 05.24pm IST

She shot to fame in " Maa Exchange" for her turbulent relationship with Bhatiyaar Irani. And now, Dina Umarova, wife of Vindoo Dara Singh has just returned from her schedule in South Africa for "Khatron Ke Khiladi 4".

"It was a great experience as I love adventure and sports," says the mother of a four year old girl, Amelia. And getting into shape of course has been a mean task for the lady. "Post the birth of my daughter; I've been regularly swimming, gymming and doing yoga. So overall, I have been in shape. But eight days before I left for South Africa, I went to a boot-camp with my physical trainer to increase my stamina. But going there and doing those stunts were a mammoth task," says the former model. Rumors suggest that all the contestants formed groups and shunned model Poonam Pandey during their stay in South Africa. "That's not true. Everyone was friendly with each other. I shared a room with Poonam for sometime. Contrary to her image, she is a complete introvert, but a nice girl. She is just 19-years-old," explains Dina.

Whispers in the industry suggest that Dina was roped in for the show, because host Askhay Kumar shares close ties with her husband Vindoo Dara Singh. "I'm an adventure sports junkie and I have loved the show. I've always told Vindoo that if I get an offer, I will grab it and that's what happened." Rubbishing talks of her acquaintance with Akshay, Dina says, "Just because my husband and Akshay are friends, does not mean I bond with him on the sets to show off in front of the other contestants. I'm not that kind. Moreover, the schedule was such that there was hardly any time to bond on a personal level. Plus, Akshay can't be partial to me," explains Dina.

"KKK" Season 4 is former model's second reality show, post "Maa Exchange" which was mired with controversy. "Vindoo was approached for "Maa Exchange" and he accepted. But unfortunately I had to trade places with Tanaaz. Thanks to the show, I love my husband all the more," laughs Dina. So is she over the whole experience? "Well, I wouldn't want to see Bhaktiyaar's face again. I don't know Tanaaz, but I feel sorry for their son Zeus. It's not up to me to judge them and the way they are bringing up their child." Ask her if she's ready to do more reality shows and Dina is quick to reply, "I'm not looking at a career in TV. If I'm offered an adventure-based reality show I'll do it. No gossipy and artificial shows for me. And definitely nothing to do with the Iraanis."