Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Great article! He's very right!

Experimentation is working better in movies because of the multiplex audience. People are, nowadays, more interested in watching a good movie with a good script than a half-baked movie where more importance is given to style and the "look" than the story. That's why movies like Udaan, Stanley Ka Dabba, A Wednesday do well in the midst of crap like TMK, BKB, etc.

TV on the other hand is a different story. We are still stuck in the saas-bahu drama with pathetic female leads whose sole job is to cry and get treated like a doormat (case in point Saathiya--current #1 show on TV).

Sony experiments the most out of all channels and actually has shows that are different but it has absolutely no clue how to promote anything but CID. Not to mention, it pulls the plug on the shows within months of its launch..before people can actually connect with the show blaming everything on low TRP's. A channel has to meet the PH/show at least halfway for experiments to work.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^oh triplet ji I could write a saga on Saathiya🀣 I still fail to understand that after all of the "social" issues and comedy-dramas we're back to square one with saas bahu crap WORSE than what Ekta has ever spewed out

anyways Ekta seems to know that her original saas bahu crap isnt working anymore hence we have shows like BALH and PKYEK...I'm excited for BALH because of two powerhouse performers Ram and Sakshi
gilmores thumbnail
^Chandni, triplet ji! πŸ€— Where is our third partner in crime? πŸ˜† I swear I saw her post here πŸ˜†

As for Saathiya, gosh, tell me about it! If we took 1 step forward with SGP, we took at least 20 back with Saathiya...which is so regressive it's not even funny. Tulsi, Prerna, Parvati, etc may have cried buckets of tears and loved being slap machines but at least they could once in a while open their mouths and speak.

I do think Ekta has realized that what worked in her old shows doesn't work so much anymore..so hopefully she won't go down that road again...or at least give it 3-4 months before she does πŸ˜†
MrsJaimeFraser thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing...
well-he is indeed right...out of the box concepts are working for Films..but TV-sadly is still stuck in a  sad state of affairs...with SP heading the bandwagon with their bahus crying bucketfuls...INTOLERABLE...πŸ˜†.as Sharad malhotra had 1e said -Yawning.they r...🀣
                        btw-they missed out "Kal"amongst his movies... with Chitrangada n Shiney...He was wonderful there as well...a bit raw i felt,but nevertheless...n that drunk perfomance therin.it was mentioned in "Jeena isi ka naam hai" epi of his as well...😊

-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
TRP rules Guys. Who is worried about the Story or the LOGIC factor in the show. PH's these days just run behind the TRP's. If a particular track gives them a TRP rise of even point 1% they wont mind dragging that track for years.

I agree Sony is one channel which has come up with New Concepts. Sply with YRF shows. But they failed to do well bcoz of bad promotion strategies. How much does Sony promote thier Show? Every time i switch to Sony i see CID being aired. That show is doing well and has TRP's bcoz its running since a decade now. People know in and out abt it. But how much do ppl know abt the New Shows coming in? To make ppl aware Promotion is needed and Sony fails to promote the show.

There was a time when Shows with a TRP of 2 also ran on for years and now Channel pulls of all the Shows which dont give them TRP points of atleast 3-4 and above. Its just Money ppl run behind now. Who cares if that what they show is good or not.

I dont know how much of this Show is gonna work for the channel. Again its not being promoted well and also its gonne be at 10.30pm. Would face tough competition from Channels like Colors n SP. I anyways wish them luck and hopefully this one should work with audience and for the channel too.*fingers crossed*
Tani91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

^Chandni, triplet ji! πŸ€— Where is our third partner in crime? πŸ˜† I swear I saw her post here πŸ˜†

As for Saathiya, gosh, tell me about it! If we took 1 step forward with SGP, we took at least 20 back with Saathiya...which is so regressive it's not even funny. Tulsi, Prerna, Parvati, etc may have cried buckets of tears and loved being slap machines but at least they could once in a while open their mouths and speak.

I do think Ekta has realized that what worked in her old shows doesn't work so much anymore..so hopefully she won't go down that road again...or at least give it 3-4 months before she does πŸ˜†

I dont know yaar...havent seen her in a while😭

oh yes yaar...I am SO glad that SGP is back (sort of) with its original comedy mixed in with realistic drama, I LOVE the amnesia track which is a surprise because I expected to hate it. Totally agree yaar Tulsi, Prerna and Pravtai no matter how much they cried, they were STRONG women who stood up when their familes were in toruble esp when the leaps happened. I just seriously fail to understand how Saathiya is the number 1 show when shows like SGP are a million gazillion times better even in its worse times (I can take Sona over and over again over the stuff Saathiya has ever put forth)

I am just glad no one in my family watches Saathiya, I was so happy that once when I talked to my grandmother I asked her randomly if she watehces it and she literally says it was an insult to us Gujjus and I was like "I love you granny"πŸ˜† which I found surprising because she watches every serial known to manπŸ˜†
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good interview. Indeed, experiments rarely work on TV these days. With such a large number of channels, production houses should in-fact try and come up with new ideas than just regurgitate the same stuff over and over again. Hell, even DD shows had better quality.

Success of a show here is rated not by the recall value, but by the number of years it has been on air. Profits are key. And no PH would like to incur losses. It would not harm coming up with different concepts. YRF does try, but the treatment meted out by Sony, it would just be a matter of time till it loses interest.

The Star One channel, when it was launched in mid 2000s had a fairly decent line up of shows that catered to people not interested in the saas bahu dramas. Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Siddhant, Hotel Kingston, or even Remix. It has now been converted to a channel catering to audience at the other end of the spectrum, hormone crazed teenagers.
gilmores thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tani91

I dont know yaar...havent seen her in a while😭

oh yes yaar...I am SO glad that SGP is back (sort of) with its original comedy mixed in with realistic drama, I LOVE the amnesia track which is a surprise because I expected to hate it. Totally agree yaar Tulsi, Prerna and Pravtai no matter how much they cried, they were STRONG women who stood up when their familes were in toruble esp when the leaps happened. I just seriously fail to understand how Saathiya is the number 1 show when shows like SGP are a million gazillion times better even in its worse times (I can take Sona over and over again over the stuff Saathiya has ever put forth)

I am just glad no one in my family watches Saathiya, I was so happy that once when I talked to my grandmother I asked her randomly if she watehces it and she literally says it was an insult to us Gujjus and I was like "I love you granny"πŸ˜† which I found surprising because she watches every serial known to manπŸ˜†

I saw her post in this forum..I've seen her around but not as much as before :(

Whenever I turn on SGP, I mostly end up seeing Ronak-Panna-psycho lady πŸ˜† I've seen a few scenes of the amnesia track though..it's not as awful as I expected it to be. 😲 It had its OTT moments but its okay..Sona is a kalank on SGP's name. No joke.

LOL your granny is so cute πŸ˜† Saathiya..yeah..Gopi has absolutely no backbone or brain for that matter.

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I so wished JJKN had been aired now .. It was amazing pre makeover and to a large extent post make over only 2 or 3 months  towards teh end it was getting dragged.. It ran for 3 years,... Donno if anyone here have watched it did watch it !!

Armaan and Raj were awesome .. Jassi and Nandu also..

This was one break through show for SONY ...Even Kuch Iss Tarah was amazing ..

Many shows were rocking but they axe it due to low promotion ...and so I hope this show does well and Ram and Saakshi pairing is gelled well with the audience !
Tani91 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

I saw her post in this forum..I've seen her around but not as much as before :(

Whenever I turn on SGP, I mostly end up seeing Ronak-Panna-psycho lady πŸ˜† I've seen a few scenes of the amnesia track though..it's not as awful as I expected it to be. 😲 It had its OTT moments but its okay..Sona is a kalank on SGP's name. No joke.

LOL your granny is so cute πŸ˜† Saathiya..yeah..Gopi has absolutely no backbone or brain for that matter.

it actually isnt...yeah Ishan ia a bit OTT, but the whole thing is too cute, Suhana (as always) is so cute and hatke with handling the things and now Bade Papa will make an entry...so yeah I'm glad to be watching SGP again

lol I am so proud of her that she doesnt watch itπŸ˜‰