Awesome Oprah ;Live Your Best Life

JustShanta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Oprah Winfrey took America by storm with "The Oprah Winfrey Show," which premiered September 8, 1986. After changing the face of the nation with book clubs, car giveaways and celeb interviews, she announced she was retiring from daytime talk back in November, 2009. Now, the day is finally upon us!

Oprah's final week of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" starts with "Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular," a two-day special featuring highlights from last week's star-studded extravaganza at Chicago's United Center.

"The grandest, most spectacular surprise ever...and Oprah has no idea!" promises the teaser. "See living legends, once-in-a-lifetime performances, ultimate viewers and the ultimate tribute."

Tom Hanks played master of ceremonies at the big event, while Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Beyonce, Josh Groban, Rascal Flatts, Usher, Kristin Chenoweth and Rosie O'Donnell were among the performers. Stars who turned out and may make the finale cut include Tom Cruise, Madonna, Beyonce, Halle Berry, Dakota Fanning, John Legend, Jamie Foxx, Madonna, Will Smith, Katie Holmes, Dakota Fanning, Halle Berry, Diane Sawyer, Josh Groban, Jada Pinkett Smith, Maria Shriver, Patti LaBelle, Gayle King, Stevie Wonder, Jerry Seinfeld, Tyler Perry, Diane Sawyer, Dr. Phil, Nate Berkus and Simon Cowell and more.

Needless to say, Oprah got teary at her going away party and she'll likely tear up for the big goodbye on Wednesday, May 25.

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" finale promises to be a more intimate affair than the two-day party and is expected to become the most watched show in daytime history. That's why 30-second ad spots were reportedly sold for a daytime record-breaking cool million dollars.
While Oprah and America are recovering from the goodbye, there will still be two days left in the week. Thursday will be a rebroadcast of Oprah's farewell season premiere with special guest John Travolta, with Friday closing out finale week with Supremes icon Diana Ross, her 5 children and a show-stopping performance.

Then, it's time to move on. Oprah Winfrey is ready to put her attention to taking OWN to the next level and seeing the world with her upcoming OWN series "Oprah's Next Chapter," which promises "in-depth revealing interviews and once-in-a-lifetime experiences, from the ends of the big, beautiful earth to her own backyard."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

All the best to Oprah!! 👏Thanks for sharing

Edited by ashna26 - 12 years ago
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
yes i know it..i am gonna watch as well as whole usa will watch her final episode...She was  awesome ...what an excellent and phenomenon  personality she has...  i was not regular to watch her show  but from her show i have  seen so many celebrities  interviews,  thank for sharing this...god bless you...
ChinadollTwo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks Shanta! Oprah has helped and inspired many, especially women. I always wanted to be part of her "Live Audience" but didn't make any effort to call and get tickets.   Her show will be dearly missed!   May God Bless her with Good Health, Love & Happiness!
kelly12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx for sharing.. but how is it relevant to CB?
SushSathisha thumbnail
All the best to orpha!! Thx for sharing