Poll

Which actress had the most impressive debut?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: -Maddy-

Actually except for Kareena and Kangana from that list all of them have faced the camera professionally before their debut as a lead heroine...

It could be either as a model or a TV hostess or a bit role in a movie or a commercial/ad or a regional movie or a TV serial...
Kangana did a bit of theatre before her debut...

What did Anuska do? Just curious. Am guessing ads since she was a model.

kangana was in theatre. That's very interesting. I don't think I have ever heard of bollywood actresses who had experience in theatre. Nice to have that interesting and different background.
Edited by beboholic - 12 years ago
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Vidya for sure!

I personally thought Kareena was really awkward in Refugee, I've never been a fan of Kareena until Chameli, thought she was terrible in all films until that.

Deepika was okay, but sure the looked the best out of all them.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: beboholic

What did Anuska do? Just curious. Am guessing ads since she was a model.

kangana was in theatre. That's very interesting. I don't think I have ever heard of bollywood actresses who had experience in theatre. Nice to have that interesting and different background.

Lensa... Yeah... Anushka did a few ads and she was one the known faces on the modelling circuit too...
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Thanks Maddy. OH I didn't know Anuska was a famous model. Never heard of her or seen her ads. Maybe that also has to do with that I don't live in India. The first time I saw her was in the film with SRK. After her debut and heard that she was a model, I always had the perception that she was a struggling model. Even after OSO, I heard deepika was a model. I never knew about her until OSO. But I did see a lot of deepika's modeling pics but none for Anuska. Maybe Deepika was a more popular model! 
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: beboholic

Thanks Maddy. OH I didn't know Anuska was a famous model. Never heard of her or seen her ads. Maybe that also has to do with that I don't live in India. The first time I saw her was in the film with SRK. After her debut and heard that she was a model, I always had the perception that she was a struggling model. Even after OSO, I heard deepika was a model. I never knew about her until OSO. But I did see a lot of deepika's modeling pics but none for Anuska. Maybe Deepika was a more popular model! 

Yeah... Compared to Anushka, Deepika was more famous... She was teh Kingfisher model of the year... and another year she was the Kingfisher Calender girl and couple more model of teh year awards plus she did many more ads and she was featured in a music video too plus she was lead in a regional movie...

Anushka did fewer ads but she was known in the modelling circuit and she became a known face when she walked at the Lakme Fashion week...
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Thanks Maddy again. Your so helpful! :)

I would understand why Deepika would be more famous. She has that model face which means she gets more job opportunities and offers from top magazines.
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Amisha didn't face camera before KNPH.
Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam, Deepika, and Amisha. they all had best debut. 
chocobear thumbnail
vidya Balan in Parineeta, What a mind blowing performance
omg...can't we just stop the topics about how our faves are sooo great and that we are so objective about their greatness. That's childish.