Poll

Which actress had the most impressive debut?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Vidya Balan - Wow, when I first watched that movie, I had no clue that she was a newbie in Bollywood. She was beyond BRILLIANT in the movie, far better than any of the actresses in bollywood. 
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
in terms our star power... Divya Bharti - Vishwatma and 9 other hindi movies (shola aur shabnam, deewana, etc) in her debut year!!!

but if solely on her 1st film then Vidya!
Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 12 years ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I choose Other, Preity Zinta in DiL SE  and Solider She also won best debut in both movies that year . Her bubblyness and honesty in Dil Se made the movie, especially the line when she asked SRK on virginity and other things lol. Also, they had great chemistry. 😊   In solider she showed her acting chops and was very cute like Kajol. Her and Bobby rocked in the song tere rang balle balleπŸ‘

@BB there was the Other optionπŸ˜‰
Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I voted for Vidya by mistake , had not gone through all the options .
Personally , I thought Kangana was fantastic in Gangster .

Vidya and Kareena were really good too although Vidya already had a bit of experience in this field .
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Deepika Padukone.She had freshness and she was comfortable.

Vidya and Asin have done other movies before debuting into Bollywood.so it is kinda easy for them.
lhcj21 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vidya
Mahima (She blew me away in Pardes)
Deepika
Anushka
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: JONAKIHATESYOU

Deepika Padukone.She had freshness and she was comfortable.

Vidya and Asin have done other movies before debuting into Bollywood.so it is kinda easy for them.

Only Asin... not Vidya. 

DP and Vidya have pretty much a similar career path in the beginning... Both worked initially in television ads then they were in music videos and then both did one movie each in a regional language before their Bollywood debut... Only difference is Vidya did a small role in one TV show for a short time and DP was a ramp model and a kingfisher girl...

So experience wise pretty much they were on the same level when they made their debut... Unlike Asin who was a seasoned actress in movies plus she had essayed the similar role in the original Ghajini...
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Amisha Patel really liked her in Kaho Na Pyaar Hai , in fact I liked the couple (Hrithik Amisha) so much that I went to see another movie of theirs Ke Aap Mujhe Acche Lagne Lage to the theatre but the movie was so boring that it would have put any insomniac into deep sleep ! πŸ˜› πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Asin already did other films before coming in bollywood, hence I dont really count Ghajini as her debut film.

I cant believe Deepika is winning over Kareena. Deepika didnt even dub her own lines!

Vidya makes sense, but not Deepika.
But I suppose, Kareena debut a decade ago, and people might not have seen Refugee. Deepika is more recent. But still,
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kareena in Refugee was the best for me...not only in terms of performance but also in terms of screen presence and able to catch the audience with her charm.

I don't count Vidya as a debut because she had acting experience before her first film. It doesnt matter for how long, she still had experience. And in my opinion, Vidya lacks screen presence so she is not the best for me!

I don't count Asin either.

Special mention to Deepika and Anuska and Amisha Patel. I liked them in their first film. Deepika not in terms of acting, but she was really fun and had good screen presence in OSO.