Gunahon Ka Devta

India-Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta
Gunahon Ka Devta

The good, the bad and the Ugly: A tribute to GKD (Page 8)

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Krystal, Smile

thanks for joining in. I enjoyed reading your post but disagree with Suicide, just as I disagreed with the ending yesterday.

Suicide is not an option, ever, it is not romantic no matter how it is depicted but actually an act of cowardice. Living is hard, the daily struggled and conflicts one faces and is met, the heartache and the yearning, that is the act of the brave.

It is possible to love someone but be never with them. I think a fitting tribute toArpita would have been for Avdesh (after bhootni died in your scenario) to go back, change the haveli and it's reputation, change himself and live is life the way Arpita wanted. He could have done many great things, change lallanpur for the better. Or even if he did nothing, but just survived each day that would still be better than killing himself.

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 28 May 2011 at 4:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BenNevisSidda8

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatterbox

and as for avdesh death  i dont think suicide was the right ans for a brave man. it then depicted avdesh as coward here who cudnt bear the truth and live normal life . best wud have been that when he and bahuji confront each other  he gets the bullet insead of bahuji and it wud be accidental.  that death wud be the right one instead of suicide and while breathing his last he tells bahuji the above words that she has to live with his hatred and  he wud be gone but she wud have to live.
that wud be the perfect end

Hi Di,

yes anything better than suicide, however, even getting a bullet here though keeping to his lifestyle, I would preferred he didn't. Reason being, he had suffered more than enough the final ones being his soul mate killed and the woman whom he considered a surrogate mother being such an evil person. He should have instead kicked her out, tell her to go to hell and then shut the doors in her face and live his life the way Arpita wanted him to. That would have been a fitting way to give meaning to Arpita's death.

As I said, it is possible to live without the love of your life. I would have liked it if Avita got their happy ending but it wasn't to be.Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sidda8

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 5:02am | IP Logged
hi dreamy hows u

suicide bit even i cudnt digest 

we were shown a lion in the beginning and he dies a coward's death this was not acceptable.

thats why i said let bahuji live in remorse whole life and with avdesh death she has no one. and as u say avdesh live as a better person for the society he wud in time forgive his bahuji but he left her in eternal guilt and remorse

he shut the door on her in the end

just read my bit  in update thread on this

Sidda8

JustTP Senior Member
JustTP
JustTP

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 5:14am | IP Logged
The good :
1. The subtle romance in the initial part of the story. The romance that had them falling in love & getting married without
ever having spoken a word to each other.
2. All the Avita romantic scenes that have been mentioned by everyone here + one that I didn't see mentioned by anyone
-The Avita scene at shikha's haldi ceremony where they are shown playfully chasing each other & the passing the parcel
session the night before shikha's wedding.I think that was the only time where they were shown in a light  & playful mood
since their wedding- without any problems that they knew of.

The bad :
1. The pratigyas that were taken & broken.
2. The fact that the leads till the end were not given any brains.
3. That there was no happy ending to the story.

The ugly :
1. The part where Arpita accepts RV's condition to spend a night with him.The whole thing was yucky & the beginning of the end of a
lovely story. Still haven't got over the ugliness of it. The fact that nothing actually happened in the night does not
2. All the people that stabbed Avita in the back (BJ, PJ, Videsia) - all of them live. The way BJ's character was, I think she will
soon get over Avi & move on. She has now got the haveli & all the wealth to herself. She was not in love with Avi but in lust so she is
not going to be as devastated as Avi was when he lost Arpi.So even though she is sad for sometime she will not be for long. She is
a survivor & she will by hook or crook rebuild again.  So she has not been punished for all her misdeeds as Avi and some of the viewers assume.
The only people who have lost in this story are our protagonists & all the villains that fought in the open. The backstabbers lived happily ever after.
3. Avi's suicide. If they so wanted to show Avita unite in heaven then they could have shown him taking a bullet in the fight.
The CVs are so stupid they think suicide is romantic.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

elle22Sidda8Dreamygal301

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatterbox

hi dreamy hows u

suicide bit even i cudnt digest 

we were shown a lion in the beginning and he dies a coward's death this was not acceptable.

thats why i said let bahuji live in remorse whole life and with avdesh death she has no one. and as u say avdesh live as a better person for the society he wud in time forgive his bahuji but he left her in eternal guilt and remorse

he shut the door on her in the end

just read my bit  in update thread on this

Di,

it's not so much a coward's death, it's was a bolt out of the blue!!Ouch...I really think a better ending would have been him living.

As for bhootni, after such big betrayal the punishment is just. If he had lived I would have wanted him to kick her out, never to darken the haveli doors again and no I don't think he would have forgiven her and I doubt he would have spoken to her again, that would have been her punishment - death is too quick for her, she should suffer the loss of a loved one just as he is suffering.

oh well, it is only the ending that is a big gripe to me. Ouch

Sidda8

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Hi JustTPSmile

Thanks for listing your Good, bad and Ugly.

I agree what you said in the end that CVs consider suicide romantic. Unfortunatly it has been pounded into our psyche - from literature/films/oral tradition - from time immemorial that when two lovers get separated, then suicide is a romantic option rather than to go on living.OuchOuch

Sidda8

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
hello all

i dont agree that bhootni shud hv died in the end..  i agree with what  cvs portrayed as she being left alone to live her life with hatred of  avdesh who is no more there to forgive her. that is her punishment

and if u think she wud  have got over avdesh and rebuilt her empire thats wrong. her only love or lust or care was for avdesh as she entered the haveli as widowed bride and her object of affection was the only surviving male member of the haveli.

do u think ppl wud trust bahuji as she tended to  backstab ppl who are with her. she didnt stop to get rid of pandit who was her right hand man all these years.
she destroyed her own family so who wud trust her any more isnt it

if avdesh did live and she also lived sooner or later there were chances of avdesh forgiving her. but he left no chance as such and left her in remorse for life
so the end was right

except the suicide bit

swamini5 Goldie
swamini5
swamini5

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Good Morning CB

Suicide bit of Avdesh ya even i felt was not done'
I thought he  would die of bullet...
But Cv's thought otherwise

I don't understand why did they bring the new fly. to this show inculding Dev.

I am disappointed with the end.

As as Cb said Pihu's Character was not convincing at all..

I think they wasted the story and few of episodes... on these new characters

Edited by swamini5 - 29 May 2011 at 10:01pm

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index