Gunahon Ka Devta

India-Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta
Gunahon Ka Devta

The good, the bad and the Ugly: A tribute to GKD (Page 7)

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by randomsoul

good...the actors with superb acting skills and funny yet nice accents

bad...the story writers...they truly know how to ruin a good show...why did they waste so much time on RV...the name should have been "gunahon ka devta's enemies: Bhauji and RV"

ugly...imagine tv for ending it too soon...i have feeling if they didn't end it then pihu would have shown to be arpita 

i loved the show but don't like the end and the moral of the story...don't let your kid marry into a gangster family...they'll surely kill her and can never be changed--> Avadesh's family (bhauji) ended up killing Arpita and at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much arpita and avadesh loved each other. Arpita died for no reason...what about her parents...they suffered the most, but they didn't kill themselves...suicide is not an option...its a sin...i would have rather liked Avadesh living and helping poor kids, maybe run an orphanage or just do something productive than kill himself...he could do something to keep arpita's legacy living...you don't have to be with the person in order to love them...he could have loved her and died of something normal...they set suicide as an example for the people who have lost their loved ones...not good in my opinion.

Hi Random,

@ red, I agree and mentioned this once a long while back. That after saving Pihu, he goes on with his life, the way Arpita wanted him to live.

I agree the ending was rushed and made no sense when you think about it.Ouch...If the show wasn't cancelled I really believe Pihu would have been revealed to be Arpi. As it is, they took the shortcut, ending the story so there will be no resurrection.OuchAngry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sidda8

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by elle22

This is a really nice post!!! 
The Good (or rather the best on television so far): were the initial episodes of GKD right uptill the time Avdhesh 1st brings Arpita to the Haveli. They were blissful.

The Bad: was its too soon ending that too with a sad end.

The Ugly: was how throughout the entire story Avdhesh never used his own brains. He was always being led by someone else. His blind trust in Bahuji, and how he never questioned her acts, so much that he actually doubted Arpita, who loved him so much, who sacrificed so much for him and also endured so much pain (not just mental but also physical). 
Towards the end when Pihu comes in as Arpi, Avdhesh began to trust her blindly, and turned against Bahuji (even though this time technically she was correct).
So the question that remains in my mind is that "why didnt his blind faith extend to Arpita whom he loved so much? How could he have even begun to doubt her love for him, after she had endured so much for him, and that too at the hands of RV. "

Yeah it is a bit sad, that he never used his brains and trusted her, the wrong person. If that person had been trustworthy maybe not so a problem. But because she was evil, she made sure she killed over everyone who meant something to him by hook or crook. I am pretty sure she killed her own husband and Father in law > if the show had gone on, I'm sure we would have see this and also CB di would have gotten to see Lal Singh again!WinkLOL

I really believe the purpose of Pihu was to open Avdesh's eyes against bhootni, and then to finally reveal herself to be Arpita. Unfortunately because of the cancellation, the Cvs took the shortcut - why bother writing more scenes for a show that has an expirationd date?!Angry...so whether it made sense of not, we saw the last episode, a lacklustre one at that!!Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

elle22Sidda8chatterbox

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Oh Dreamy, hope you will forgive me for taking so long to finally post my responseUnhappy...I am sorry, but was so busy the past couple of days with the contest posts...

The Good: "naina thug lenge", haunting, goosebump inducing BG music to the silent romance scenes, Arpita's impromptu dance, Arpi's wardrobe shrine, Avi's AviatorsSmile,his shy smile, Arpi's wet hair look in the balcony scene, Arpi's naughty smile at the Mandir, Pehalwan, Sarwana, Bhayankar Amjad and Chulbul Kanpuriya,Simple's antics, Mandap sequence, banana romance in the jungle, Mama Rao's love for Arpi.

The Bad: Papa Rai, the nincompoop brothers, Pappu and family, Arpi's midnight tryst with RV, Bidesia, Panditji,Beta Maharaj,corrupt police,BJ, Shikha's pregnancy, Lal Singh a damp squib.

The Ugly: RV, his torture, his murder, Avi's naivete, BJ's evil genius,, Pappu's slap

and

The Best: Arpi's letter to Avi and the entire sequence around it...Avi's mile deep eyes, Arpi's flawless narration, BG music, the contents of the letter...everything...was just perfect. Still gives me goosebumps while I am writing about it...one powerful peice if TV history!!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

elle22joliefille_nandinitalkie14Sidda8Dreamygal301PrashTchatterbox

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Well-written post. Personally, i felt the ending was drab and not fit for the high-charged story that this one was. I had etched out something better in my mind, something that I'd love to share, if you dont mind:

Here it goes:

GKD's FINAL BOW-----MY IDEA:

Seeing Avdesh dash to the shed where Pihu is held, Bhauji in a state of panic takes off after him; and by a turn of fate, lands at the scene (Av-PJ cnfrontation) just minutes after he'd spilled her beans. Then the confession taks place in amost dramatic manner...one reminiscent of a Macbeth final scene,...Avdesh is left shell-shocked, while, behind the sheds, unaware to him some goon is creeping out with his gun aimed fixedly on Bhaiyyaji...he inches forward to close in for the kill...but BJ spots him just in time and falls on him to shove him out of range, but the bullet is let off and it hits her on the upper chest. Avdesh-Pihu-Dev rush to her and Dev offers to take her to the hospital...but Avi refuses...in his calm and weary tone, he lifts his glassy eyes to Bahuji's contorted face, and says cooly..."Bhauji, ajj apne hume bacha to lya, par aapki Avdesh Singh Thakur to Arpita ke jaane ke saath hi is duniya se chala gaya...ab hume bachake, apni zindagi dekar aap sirf ek zinda lassh ko chor gaye hain, ziske andar sirf nafrat ke alawa koi jazbaat nahi". Next, he lowers his face towards bhauji, who is struggling with her pleas to not let her die with his hatred, and says, "this is your punishment...that you die with my hatred". Bhauji, in her breathless state, manages a cracked imitation of a smile..."Apko jo bolna tha woh apne kehdiye babuaaji...par meri suniye. Aj hum, is zindagi mein aapko pa naa sake, par agli zindagi mjein, mein apki bhauji nahi, balki Arpita jaisi ek masoom, kathai-aaknkhon wali ladki hokar aaungi...jisse ap apna nazar se kabhi hatne dena na chahenge...is janam mein mujhe apka pyar naseeb nahi huya, par agle janam zarur honge...app sabhai log e prarthana kijiye ke hume narak mein zyada din rehne na pare"

With these words, she breathes her last... Avdesh leans back, teary-eyed, devastated, unable to take in the intricaties of the world before him. Draggedly, he goes up to Pihu and Dev, and apologizes to Dev for msitreating him. Dev-Pihu leave, and as they depart from the screen, Pihu looks back, for one final time, at the sight of the defeated warrior before her.

They depart. Avdesh carries himself out, in slow motion...his feet failing under the heavy sack his torso has become...he gets into the car...as he drives, he gets hit by the volley of flashback...the first time his eye met his beloved's, the way they had held on to each other tightly, the time he delicately brushed her hand while handing her the dupatta, the marriage...the hut, jungle ...Sikha's wedding..everything passes before his eyes in a jiffy, blinding him to oblivion.

Finally, he gets there...the same place where PJ had thrown off Arpita's body into the roaring waves below...destiny (music plays) brings him there, again, for a final re-union...otherworldly, perhaps?

He closes his eyes, trying to take in the fresh air...he gulps for breath, suddenly, he feels a sweet, soft sensation on his hands. A light touch, almost feathery and satin-like in its smoothness...a touch that made him, or rather, used to make him wish to get frozen in eternity, just to saviour that touch. He opens his eyes, suddenly at ease, and sees Arpita standing before him...his eyes grow wider from the previous weary shrunken state they had been... He gets his voice back, and the scene takes place which they showed on the terrace in the last. Arpita draws her hands away, afraid of restoring a false faith in him, to reassure him when she has none'  fear shows  in her glistening dark eyes; she cannot let go, does not WANT TO let go----of her husband, her beloved, the man that had been her life---no, who had BEEN life to her...life, that got taken away the instant she lost his faith by the cruel poison potion of fate and Villainry.

But she decides she has to go..."Hum jaa rahe hai..".she barely utters..She's Gone. Avi is left standing alone on the ridge, blank and shattered. Slowly but wearily, a faint smile creeps up on his face.

"I'll come with you, "...he jumps...his body flings forward with full force, the gravity taking in his full weight as he thrust down deeper...and then, the fateful rock finds his skull...WHAM!!!

A dark sheet of film covers his vision...unfolding in its devilish drearyness, inviting him into its depths...as the pain howls...he feels them; the demons from hell, they're here for him...and then, everything clears. He is exceptionally light. A faint fragrance enters his consciousness...he struggles to open his eyes but a deep slumber overtakes him.

He sleeps. His lifeless body rolls down the steep slopes till it meets the shore, where the current sucks it in. Up, up in the sky, the light takes on a bright blood-red, as the Sun prepares for the plunge (Its near-evening in my time).

Down, far beyond the public eyes, a bundle of wet cloth is seen floating mid-river...with a faint glimpse of a hand spotted...remains of what had once been the indomitable Bhaiyyaji. AST.

"Hum hai iss pal yahan..." plays.

Edited by krystal_watz - 28 May 2011 at 1:18am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

_nandiniSidda8talkie14Dreamygal301chatterbox

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
now look what u did krystal

u made me cry   

talkie14Sidda8krystal_watz

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged

Awww...dont cry.Embarrassed

Im sorry. Smile Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sidda8

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
sory krystal i had logged off
and dont be sorry 
u know i just didnt cry at all last nite
i knw i know its fictional story but it was close to reality u can say,

when i watched the last scene of avdesh on the ground dead and bleeding and all alone i was just staring with blank face. no expression no feeling came at that moment and i felt it was incomplete. mayb i got numb

so ur post just got me  out of this grief and i cud cry out in real with ofcourse no one in family around.

thanks for that

but for this  part here that bahuji takes the bullet to save avdesh and dies  i think i wud like to go with my theory here.  err i know this post is different here  not the update but let me continue

cvs idea is right that bahuji's bigger punishment is that she lives with regret and guilt without any support. her last support was pandit and he also broke free from her.  so she had to live till she breathes her last on her own.   that wud be the punishment for her.

and as for avdesh death  i dont think suicide was the right ans for a brave man. it then depicted avdesh as coward here who cudnt bear the truth and live normal life . best wud have been that when he and bahuji confront each other  he gets the bullet insead of bahuji and it wud be accidental.  that death wud be the right one instead of suicide and while breathing his last he tells bahuji the above words that she has to live with his hatred and  he wud be gone but she wud have to live.
that wud be the perfect end

Sidda8Dreamygal301PrashT

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 4:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

Oh Dreamy, hope you will forgive me for taking so long to finally post my responseUnhappy...I am sorry, but was so busy the past couple of days with the contest posts...

The Good: "naina thug lenge", haunting, goosebump inducing BG music to the silent romance scenes, Arpita's impromptu dance, Arpi's wardrobe shrine, Avi's AviatorsSmile,his shy smile, Arpi's wet hair look in the balcony scene, Arpi's naughty smile at the Mandir, Pehalwan, Sarwana, Bhayankar Amjad and Chulbul Kanpuriya,Simple's antics, Mandap sequence, banana romance in the jungle, Mama Rao's love for Arpi.

The Bad: Papa Rai, the nincompoop brothers, Pappu and family, Arpi's midnight tryst with RV, Bidesia, Panditji,Beta Maharaj,corrupt police,BJ, Shikha's pregnancy, Lal Singh a damp squib.

The Ugly: RV, his torture, his murder, Avi's naivete, BJ's evil genius,, Pappu's slap

and

The Best: Arpi's letter to Avi and the entire sequence around it...Avi's mile deep eyes, Arpi's flawless narration, BG music, the contents of the letter...everything...was just perfect. Still gives me goosebumps while I am writing about it...one powerful peice if TV history!!!

Vista, there is nothing to forgive!Big smileWink

love your 'Best'. I agree, everytime that letter scene comes it is mindblowing and still sends goosebump down my spine as well. When I look back at these earlier episodes and then the later one, I despair...what happened?! the change is so obvious.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

elle22Sidda8talkie14Vistaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index