Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh Dreamy, hope you will forgive me for taking so long to finally post my response😔...I am sorry, but was so busy the past couple of days with the contest posts...

The Good: "naina thug lenge", haunting, goosebump inducing BG music to the silent romance scenes, Arpita's impromptu dance, Arpi's wardrobe shrine, Avi's Aviators😊,his shy smile, Arpi's wet hair look in the balcony scene, Arpi's naughty smile at the Mandir, Pehalwan, Sarwana, Bhayankar Amjad and Chulbul Kanpuriya,Simple's antics, Mandap sequence, banana romance in the jungle, Mama Rao's love for Arpi.

The Bad: Papa Rai, the nincompoop brothers, Pappu and family, Arpi's midnight tryst with RV, Bidesia, Panditji,Beta Maharaj,corrupt police,BJ, Shikha's pregnancy, Lal Singh a damp squib.

The Ugly: RV, his torture, his murder, Avi's naivete, BJ's evil genius,, Pappu's slap

and

The Best: Arpi's letter to Avi and the entire sequence around it...Avi's mile deep eyes, Arpi's flawless narration, BG music, the contents of the letter...everything...was just perfect. Still gives me goosebumps while I am writing about it...one powerful peice if TV history!!!

Well-written post. Personally, i felt the ending was drab and not fit for the high-charged story that this one was. I had etched out something better in my mind, something that I'd love to share, if you dont mind:

Here it goes:

GKD's FINAL BOW-----MY IDEA:

Seeing Avdesh dash to the shed where Pihu is held, Bhauji in a state of panic takes off after him; and by a turn of fate, lands at the scene (Av-PJ cnfrontation) just minutes after he'd spilled her beans. Then the confession taks place in amost dramatic manner...one reminiscent of a Macbeth final scene,...Avdesh is left shell-shocked, while, behind the sheds, unaware to him some goon is creeping out with his gun aimed fixedly on Bhaiyyaji...he inches forward to close in for the kill...but BJ spots him just in time and falls on him to shove him out of range, but the bullet is let off and it hits her on the upper chest. Avdesh-Pihu-Dev rush to her and Dev offers to take her to the hospital...but Avi refuses...in his calm and weary tone, he lifts his glassy eyes to Bahuji's contorted face, and says cooly..."Bhauji, ajj apne hume bacha to lya, par aapki Avdesh Singh Thakur to Arpita ke jaane ke saath hi is duniya se chala gaya...ab hume bachake, apni zindagi dekar aap sirf ek zinda lassh ko chor gaye hain, ziske andar sirf nafrat ke alawa koi jazbaat nahi". Next, he lowers his face towards bhauji, who is struggling with her pleas to not let her die with his hatred, and says, "this is your punishment...that you die with my hatred". Bhauji, in her breathless state, manages a cracked imitation of a smile..."Apko jo bolna tha woh apne kehdiye babuaaji...par meri suniye. Aj hum, is zindagi mein aapko pa naa sake, par agli zindagi mjein, mein apki bhauji nahi, balki Arpita jaisi ek masoom, kathai-aaknkhon wali ladki hokar aaungi...jisse ap apna nazar se kabhi hatne dena na chahenge...is janam mein mujhe apka pyar naseeb nahi huya, par agle janam zarur honge...app sabhai log e prarthana kijiye ke hume narak mein zyada din rehne na pare"

With these words, she breathes her last... Avdesh leans back, teary-eyed, devastated, unable to take in the intricaties of the world before him. Draggedly, he goes up to Pihu and Dev, and apologizes to Dev for msitreating him. Dev-Pihu leave, and as they depart from the screen, Pihu looks back, for one final time, at the sight of the defeated warrior before her.

They depart. Avdesh carries himself out, in slow motion...his feet failing under the heavy sack his torso has become...he gets into the car...as he drives, he gets hit by the volley of flashback...the first time his eye met his beloved's, the way they had held on to each other tightly, the time he delicately brushed her hand while handing her the dupatta, the marriage...the hut, jungle ...Sikha's wedding..everything passes before his eyes in a jiffy, blinding him to oblivion.

Finally, he gets there...the same place where PJ had thrown off Arpita's body into the roaring waves below...destiny (music plays) brings him there, again, for a final re-union...otherworldly, perhaps?

He closes his eyes, trying to take in the fresh air...he gulps for breath, suddenly, he feels a sweet, soft sensation on his hands. A light touch, almost feathery and satin-like in its smoothness...a touch that made him, or rather, used to make him wish to get frozen in eternity, just to saviour that touch. He opens his eyes, suddenly at ease, and sees Arpita standing before him...his eyes grow wider from the previous weary shrunken state they had been... He gets his voice back, and the scene takes place which they showed on the terrace in the last. Arpita draws her hands away, afraid of restoring a false faith in him, to reassure him when she has none'  fear shows  in her glistening dark eyes; she cannot let go, does not WANT TO let go----of her husband, her beloved, the man that had been her life---no, who had BEEN life to her...life, that got taken away the instant she lost his faith by the cruel poison potion of fate and Villainry.

But she decides she has to go..."Hum jaa rahe hai..".she barely utters..She's Gone. Avi is left standing alone on the ridge, blank and shattered. Slowly but wearily, a faint smile creeps up on his face.

"I'll come with you, "...he jumps...his body flings forward with full force, the gravity taking in his full weight as he thrust down deeper...and then, the fateful rock finds his skull...WHAM!!!

A dark sheet of film covers his vision...unfolding in its devilish drearyness, inviting him into its depths...as the pain howls...he feels them; the demons from hell, they're here for him...and then, everything clears. He is exceptionally light. A faint fragrance enters his consciousness...he struggles to open his eyes but a deep slumber overtakes him.

He sleeps. His lifeless body rolls down the steep slopes till it meets the shore, where the current sucks it in. Up, up in the sky, the light takes on a bright blood-red, as the Sun prepares for the plunge (Its near-evening in my time).

Down, far beyond the public eyes, a bundle of wet cloth is seen floating mid-river...with a faint glimpse of a hand spotted...remains of what had once been the indomitable Bhaiyyaji. AST.

"Hum hai iss pal yahan..." plays.

Edited by krystal_watz - 12 years ago
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
now look what u did krystal

u made me cry   

Awww...dont cry.😳

Im sorry. 😊 😛
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
sory krystal i had logged off
and dont be sorry 
u know i just didnt cry at all last nite
i knw i know its fictional story but it was close to reality u can say,

when i watched the last scene of avdesh on the ground dead and bleeding and all alone i was just staring with blank face. no expression no feeling came at that moment and i felt it was incomplete. mayb i got numb

so ur post just got me  out of this grief and i cud cry out in real with ofcourse no one in family around.

thanks for that

but for this  part here that bahuji takes the bullet to save avdesh and dies  i think i wud like to go with my theory here.  err i know this post is different here  not the update but let me continue

cvs idea is right that bahuji's bigger punishment is that she lives with regret and guilt without any support. her last support was pandit and he also broke free from her.  so she had to live till she breathes her last on her own.   that wud be the punishment for her.

and as for avdesh death  i dont think suicide was the right ans for a brave man. it then depicted avdesh as coward here who cudnt bear the truth and live normal life . best wud have been that when he and bahuji confront each other  he gets the bullet insead of bahuji and it wud be accidental.  that death wud be the right one instead of suicide and while breathing his last he tells bahuji the above words that she has to live with his hatred and  he wud be gone but she wud have to live.
that wud be the perfect end
Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Vistaa

Oh Dreamy, hope you will forgive me for taking so long to finally post my response😔...I am sorry, but was so busy the past couple of days with the contest posts...

The Good: "naina thug lenge", haunting, goosebump inducing BG music to the silent romance scenes, Arpita's impromptu dance, Arpi's wardrobe shrine, Avi's Aviators😊,his shy smile, Arpi's wet hair look in the balcony scene, Arpi's naughty smile at the Mandir, Pehalwan, Sarwana, Bhayankar Amjad and Chulbul Kanpuriya,Simple's antics, Mandap sequence, banana romance in the jungle, Mama Rao's love for Arpi.

The Bad: Papa Rai, the nincompoop brothers, Pappu and family, Arpi's midnight tryst with RV, Bidesia, Panditji,Beta Maharaj,corrupt police,BJ, Shikha's pregnancy, Lal Singh a damp squib.

The Ugly: RV, his torture, his murder, Avi's naivete, BJ's evil genius,, Pappu's slap

and

The Best: Arpi's letter to Avi and the entire sequence around it...Avi's mile deep eyes, Arpi's flawless narration, BG music, the contents of the letter...everything...was just perfect. Still gives me goosebumps while I am writing about it...one powerful peice if TV history!!!

Vista, there is nothing to forgive!😃😉

love your 'Best'. I agree, everytime that letter scene comes it is mindblowing and still sends goosebump down my spine as well. When I look back at these earlier episodes and then the later one, I despair...what happened?! the change is so obvious.

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Krystal, 😊

thanks for joining in. I enjoyed reading your post but disagree with Suicide, just as I disagreed with the ending yesterday.

Suicide is not an option, ever, it is not romantic no matter how it is depicted but actually an act of cowardice. Living is hard, the daily struggled and conflicts one faces and is met, the heartache and the yearning, that is the act of the brave.

It is possible to love someone but be never with them. I think a fitting tribute toArpita would have been for Avdesh (after bhootni died in your scenario) to go back, change the haveli and it's reputation, change himself and live is life the way Arpita wanted. He could have done many great things, change lallanpur for the better. Or even if he did nothing, but just survived each day that would still be better than killing himself.
Edited by Dreamygal301 - 12 years ago
Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatterbox

and as for avdesh death  i dont think suicide was the right ans for a brave man. it then depicted avdesh as coward here who cudnt bear the truth and live normal life . best wud have been that when he and bahuji confront each other  he gets the bullet insead of bahuji and it wud be accidental.  that death wud be the right one instead of suicide and while breathing his last he tells bahuji the above words that she has to live with his hatred and  he wud be gone but she wud have to live.
that wud be the perfect end

Hi Di,

yes anything better than suicide, however, even getting a bullet here though keeping to his lifestyle, I would preferred he didn't. Reason being, he had suffered more than enough the final ones being his soul mate killed and the woman whom he considered a surrogate mother being such an evil person. He should have instead kicked her out, tell her to go to hell and then shut the doors in her face and live his life the way Arpita wanted him to. That would have been a fitting way to give meaning to Arpita's death.

As I said, it is possible to live without the love of your life. I would have liked it if Avita got their happy ending but it wasn't to be.
chatterbox thumbnail
hi dreamy hows u

suicide bit even i cudnt digest 

we were shown a lion in the beginning and he dies a coward's death this was not acceptable.

thats why i said let bahuji live in remorse whole life and with avdesh death she has no one. and as u say avdesh live as a better person for the society he wud in time forgive his bahuji but he left her in eternal guilt and remorse

he shut the door on her in the end

just read my bit  in update thread on this

JustTP thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
The good :
1. The subtle romance in the initial part of the story. The romance that had them falling in love & getting married without
ever having spoken a word to each other.
2. All the Avita romantic scenes that have been mentioned by everyone here + one that I didn't see mentioned by anyone
-The Avita scene at shikha's haldi ceremony where they are shown playfully chasing each other & the passing the parcel
session the night before shikha's wedding.I think that was the only time where they were shown in a light  & playful mood
since their wedding- without any problems that they knew of.

The bad :
1. The pratigyas that were taken & broken.
2. The fact that the leads till the end were not given any brains.
3. That there was no happy ending to the story.

The ugly :
1. The part where Arpita accepts RV's condition to spend a night with him.The whole thing was yucky & the beginning of the end of a
lovely story. Still haven't got over the ugliness of it. The fact that nothing actually happened in the night does not
2. All the people that stabbed Avita in the back (BJ, PJ, Videsia) - all of them live. The way BJ's character was, I think she will
soon get over Avi & move on. She has now got the haveli & all the wealth to herself. She was not in love with Avi but in lust so she is
not going to be as devastated as Avi was when he lost Arpi.So even though she is sad for sometime she will not be for long. She is
a survivor & she will by hook or crook rebuild again.  So she has not been punished for all her misdeeds as Avi and some of the viewers assume.
The only people who have lost in this story are our protagonists & all the villains that fought in the open. The backstabbers lived happily ever after.
3. Avi's suicide. If they so wanted to show Avita unite in heaven then they could have shown him taking a bullet in the fight.
The CVs are so stupid they think suicide is romantic.