The good, the bad and the Ugly: A tribute to GKD

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi Everyone,

With GKD coming to an end, I had the yearn to end it as how I started here. I had started this last week but after designing it I lost the whole lot....now too busy, so it is simple and straight forward

I want us all to post something good, something bad and downright ugly about the show we spent the last 8 months watching. Mention an episode to demonstrate this, you can post it if you want. 

This will be our tribute to the show and it's stars. If you want, you can mention the actors as well, what you liked or did not like about their acting.

I'll start:

Good:

The episode where Avdesh gets drunk and pushes Arpita away. I loved the scene that followed, where they had a tussle over her foot. He was adorably drunk (yes, not so adorable if it was real life). This episode represented the crossover to the initmacy they had lacked after their marriage because in essence they were strangers. Also, the tussle over her foot was quite symbolic - Avdesh gave up twice but then firmly took over, it was showing to us and her that he is always indulgent with her but when it becomes necessary he would take over!

Bad:

When Arpita was in jail. It was too painful to see her being tortured. I knew GKD was different from other shows, but this really bought home just how different it was! TB was wonderful in these episodes, she was the most realistic wife suffering so her husband wouldn't.๐Ÿ˜

Ugly:

Bhootni dreaming about getting naked with Avdesh! Uggg, how horrible that was but made a terrible sense, considering her cloistered life and existence. I always thought the actress, NB is a brillant actor. She really breathed life into this character that at times I did have sympathy for her and her wretched life.

Ok everyone, now it's your turn. This is our tribute so get cracking! I know we are unhappy but let's fill this thread and keep it going, so GKD remains alive for all of us as long as we can keep it up.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
I hope everyone joins in and posts their good, bad and ugly. Let's the end the show with our own version of thanks.

Will be back later to see how it's going ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 12 years ago
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
oh wow this title is of a very favourite movie of mine the good the bad and the ugly and i recall those words  if u want to shoot shoot dont talk its from tht movie

tribute what to say

let me repost in a min
yoga23priya thumbnail
Dreamy di ๐Ÿค—

Awesome Post ๐Ÿ‘ โญ๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘ โญ๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘

will answer soon ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by yoga23priya - 12 years ago
chista thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow wow  wonderful topic ferdous๐Ÿ‘

will back soon with my comment๐Ÿ˜‰
Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatterbox

oh wow this title is of a very favourite movie of mine the good the bad and the ugly and i recall those words  if u want to shoot shoot dont talk its from tht movie

tribute what to say

let me repost in a min

Now that you mention it...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...I had this vision of you walking in the middle of the town and shooting bhootni!!

Will look for your response.

Remember the help you gave me last week? it was for this, then I lose the whole thing and this week being mad I though I won't get the chance...๐Ÿ˜”
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
haha i wud hv shot bhootni ages ago if she was not important to the story

now i m absent minded here
what did i help u with ๐Ÿ˜•
swamini5 thumbnail
Hey Dreamy
Good Topic

GKD forced me to write  and Avdesh & Arpita's character inspired me to write
All these while i had many thoughts in my mind but never penned it down.

They created magic on the screen

The scene which you r talking about... the first fight they have  after their marriage and scene when he is putting bandage on leg is awesome .I have must have watched that "N" number of time and still do.awesome scene.

The scene the bullet firing on Rv.The way he takes care of Arpita (in the Haveli) like a small kid wow secene

The Jail scene when he seeing his wife being tortured ...it touched my heart.

The terrace scene their last fight the whole episode was good.Especially when Avdesh confronts her about her night with Rv and when she agrees... theer is BG music playing of DOR "RiSTE BHAROSE CHAHAT YAKIN IN KO EK DIN DHALNA  HE HAI". The song keeps hitting my mind.

So many secnes...

Cannot write getting Emotional๐Ÿ˜ญ

Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chista

wow wow  wonderful topic ferdous๐Ÿ‘

will back soon with my comment๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Sarah๐Ÿค—

I know you will have something good, bad and ugly to say about GKD...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Ok, will be waiting to read...
Dreamygal301 thumbnail

Originally posted by: swamini5

Hey Dreamy

Good Topic

GKD forced me to write  and Avdesh & Arpita's character inspired me to write
All these while i had many thoughts in my mind but never penned it down.

They created magic on the screen

The scene which you r talking about... the first fight they have  after their marriage and scene when he is putting bandage on leg is awesome .I have must have watched that "N" number of time and still do.awesome scene.

The scene the bullet firing on Rv.The way he takes care of Arpita (in the Haveli) like a small kid wow secene

The Jail scene when he seeing his wife being tortured ...it touched my heart.

The terrace scene their last fight the whole episode was good.Especially when Avdesh confronts her about her night with Rv and when she agrees... theer is BG music playing of DOR "RiSTE BHAROSE CHAHAT YAKIN IN KO EK DIN DHALNA  HE HAI". The song keeps hitting my mind.

So many secnes...

Cannot write getting Emotional๐Ÿ˜ญ

Hiya,

you are not the only one getting emotional!๐Ÿ˜”

Last week when I was doing this, I was looking up youtubes and etc and got so emotional. I love the balcony scene, the scene where he drove to her house in the night and stared up while crying, I love all those but now I cannot bear to see them...was so upset and felt like kicking those s**t for ending the show like this!!๐Ÿ˜ก

Wow us, that scene where Avdesh comes and see's Arpi being beaten, it's a real heartbreaker, but it was for dramatic purpose really. What I found really difficult to swallow was that she spent few days in jail, he moped around because his bhouji said she will deal with the matter!๐Ÿ˜ก