Sweet n Sour Gripes !!

Posted: 12 years ago

Hello Dahlings,

Time we had our bi-annual chit chat ...I  do not know whether this post  ever appears in ur horizon but it really allows me to vent my growing angst and to become the  cool collected calm person that I strive to be ;

When i started watching this show, I never even dreamed that one day I'll be watching  a regular Saas-Bahu Saazish thing  ,It would have been understandable had there been any  dearth of ideas, Unfortunately you are sitting on the gold mine of ideas and are settling for mediocrity ..Let me give you few examples ..what happened to Shakthi's murder attempt case..show us that the bail has ended  and Kesar is facing a momentous crisis on  hand..one hand her mother and family forcing her to withdraw the case  and on the other her innate need for justice demanding fulfillment...

Radhe was launched  as a strict check for Krishna , Radhe has the flamboyance and the cunning , Show him continuing to cause trouble  to Krishna and Krishna at war with himself on his instinctive need to teach a lesson to  Radhe but bound by his promise of never getting  violent  to Pratigya.

Show us the growing distances between Krishna and Pratigya  caused by the differing views of how to expand their business ...Pratigya realizing that she cannot  control each and every individuals destiny and finally letting go ..unhappy yes but wise too..

Show us the growing debauchery of Adarsh and the impact it is beginning to have on Komal and the resonance in Thakur house and SS realizing that Adarsh  is going out of  control all due to his own folly.

Show us a few Mother daughter moments of Kesar and  Kesmma , since we never got to see any tender moments at all ..show us why Kesmma thinking is so warped..I know Prachi is  a capable actor..

Show us the growing closeness between Shakthi and Kesmma, Kesmma feeding his ego and bringing him under her control and planning few plots of her own..

Dears...Have you heard of something called KRIYA ...no it is not a object nor is it a food...KRIYA are the essence, the fragrance, the refreshers of this show  and the show is in need of a KRIYA shower..I simply am unable to  comprehend the fact that when other shows are aggressively marketing their leads by thrusting   their leads  into various romantic situation , why are you so determined to treat them as batch mates  or paying guests ..They are husband and wife, for crying out aloud ! show them sharing some intimacy..when SS and Amma can be so joie de vivre  ..why the hell are KRIYA so grim  and glum ??

How about Kesmma taking her leave , since all she does is look at the events unfolding  , a feat Piyasiya does even more remarkably

why is this serial so dark and bleak ...why cant there be few moments of sunshine , actually lots of sunshine..we have become tired of this austerity ...

How come the Thakur's are butchered left,right and center while the Sax's are untouched apart from Adarsh ...

Dear  Creator's a  few suggestion's ...

Shut the bloody Dhaba , ever since it   started  Krishna has been bound to it  and all he does is eat !! or  talk about salt content and mirchi content ...what r u showing ?..A cookery show !!..Krishna has been a free spirit and u r slowly cutting his wings off ..Had it been a swift cut ,  we could have put up with it...but this slow, agonizing and sadistic destruction is  ghastly...If you wish to see ur show in Top 3 again..then the  strong, individualistic Krishna has to make a come back.

Let  Krishna take over his Father's business, let him run it legally and make it a success ..that  will be the true triumph  of Krishna.

change the relationship of Krishna and Pratigya, make it that of an equal partner...Krishna is not educated but he has all the other faculties intact , so to treat him as a second class citizen is idiotic..

AArushi ...

A thorn on many a viewer's eyes ..I do believe that you are planning to bring her into center stage
 as can be measured from the fact that she is found in almost all the frames where she is not needed and by the simple act of Pratigya choosing her as her confidante ...I personally do not have any problem with Aarushi coming into focus ..But I do wish to see sensitive acting from the actor... a  thing which the actor is unable to provide,,,so I suggest a rigorous rehearsal  before each and every shot ... to make her tolerable

Dear  creators , we have been sending you SOS's  from a long time through mails,posts  and rapidly decreasing TRP's, but you seem oblivious of everything and are happily busy nailing the  coffin on a unique and wonderful show called MKAP ... But it seems that it has not penetrated the mist  surrounding you ..what  would be the ideal lesson for you dears ... A complete turning our backs on ur serial !!

Edited by tanthya - 12 years ago
Lovey Lovely Lovely post...agreed with u..in each and every line...love the postπŸ˜›
Well said Tanthya but we are just viewers and we dont hold much sway to them for a long time..If we did then a lot of changes would be made..

Was the dominance of amma needed as it seems her saas bahu plots never end..show some unpredictability to the show rather than us knowing the outcome..

I've said it before but show P's growing and learning...I refuse to believe that one person can be right all the time and that she knows everything..
It would be nice to see her learn a thing or two and it wont make the character weak as growing as a person is a form of strength..

Resurrect K's character and not in the way that it is being shown..He is valuable to the show as much as you seem to think the Prof is...

More later.. as i have to rush to work...πŸ˜†

Edited by starlight123 - 12 years ago
Sathya, and what abt marital rape Kesar went thru???? why they didn't even cared abt tht at all???? a girls helplessness and her self respect all was shattered and nobody cares...😑
Great post! I feel that it's not the cvs but our great expectations that have failed us. We, at least, I, expected MKAP to be an epic saga of love triumphing over feudal fetters, of true to life characters  who have their shortcomings , who fight not only against their foes, adverse circumstances but also their own demons. Unlike other shows and their protagonists, P and K were not perfect. We expected them to live and learn and teach us a thing or two about love and life.  I forgot that I was watching a Hindi show that is ruled by its own set of rules dictated by commercial considerations.

Its not just MKAP but Indian film and TV industry has a severe paucity of good script writers and what's worse is instead of doing an indepth research to find more about the audience expectations, most script writers resort to depicting cliches under the guise of public ko yehi pasand hai.

I made a blunder of expecting MKAP to be like a serielised novella with well sketched out characters, plots and sub plots that take forward the main story, where every incident leads to a logical denouement. Today, it really hurts to say that MKAP is not unique, its just another soap. 

You galz are really great. The time, effort, creativity, honesty and dedication invested by you all is truly better than the real thing.God bless you all!

Well said tanthya.  Though the episodes are good for the last few weeks, TRPs are not increasing.  We used to be within the top 10 and now we are satisfying ourselves by blaming IPL.  At least, the new creatives try to close all looseends left before or not to leave any from now on.
Originally posted by ramanbabitha

Sathya, and what abt marital rape Kesar went thru???? why they didn't even cared abt tht at all???? a girls helplessness and her self respect all was shattered and nobody cares...😑

Babs,

If I started on Kesar and also on Aarushi ..it would have become a Novel or at least a novella..so restricted  my self by saying that Kesar need for justice and Aarushi becoming sensitive and Avantika  capable of translating tht Sensitivty  for us ...😊
A very lovely post dear and what you said for K was absolutely right .Hope the CV's ever pay heed to we loyal viewers.
Originally posted by arrayline

A very lovely post dear and what you said for K was absolutely right .Hope the CV's ever pay heed to we loyal viewers.

Thank You, Arrayline  ...They will once TRP begins to tank..
Sathya chechi πŸ˜ƒ wonderful post πŸ€—
CVs are turning K into a brainless person with each episode...he is only uneducated not a dumb person...really miss the old K who can sense the right from wrong without anyone advising him πŸ˜”
Regarding P,she shouldn't run off to MMGJ on every matter,she could have waited till she sort out her marriage especially when Amma has openly declared a war
Also wish the CVs attempt to restore MKAP to former glory is successful...there is only one way to know..wait and watchπŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Once again chechi wonderful post πŸ€—Edited by ssweety007 - 12 years ago