loved it...waiting for the next part
update soon
Posted: 12 years ago
really good!! cant wait for part 2!!
please pm me!!!!!!!!!
WOW I LOVED IT!!!! PLZ DO CONTINUE SOON...U R SUCH A GREAT WRITER!!!!😛

interesting...lovely concept...cant wait to see how you play this one out! hope part 2 comes soon

JAZ

it was a mindblowing start...luvd it...keep up d gr8 work...plz do pm me d nxt part n cont soon...
part 1
wow lovely part...
after 10 years they are meeting...
hope Geet is still single...
cont soon...

Part 2

I rushed downstairs even though my heart and mind were in turmoil. I moved around in a haze greeting guests and helping my mother at the same time. I was passing by the window when I suddenly noticed the full moon. I sighed as I leaned against the window shutter closing my eyes as memories rushed in without permission.

Flashback

Maan and Geet were sitting by the lake in each other's arms wrapped with a shawl against the cold, content with the comfortable silence they shared. Normally they would never meet so late at night but this was an exception. Their school had come on a 3-day camping trip and Geet's parents had let her come. Maan had saved up money over the months especially for this trip so he could spend time with Geet.

I sighed happily as I sat with my back against his chest, "Isn't it beautiful out here?"

"Hmmm, it is", he replied back brushing a soft kiss on my hair with closed eyes.

"Maan, your eyes are not even open. I am talking about the lake. And look at the full moon. It's just breathtaking."

He tightened his hold around my waist and I turned around to look at him. He cupped my face and stared intently at me.

"Maan what are you doing? I am telling you to look at the moon.", I explained as I nudged his face towards the sky. He looked at it for a second before he went back to holding my face. I looked at him with a confused expression

"I am looking at my moon. The moon's beauty is nothing compared to my Misiti's beauty. And for me the most beautiful thing in the world is you.", he said as he kissed my forehead

Flashback end

Present

"Geet beta, what's wrong?", mom asked as she caught me standing by myself.

I quickly tried to wipe the tears out of my tears but my mother caught me with that too. She instantly reached up and wiped my tears as she looked at me with worry.

"Geet beta, Is everything okay ? Why are you crying?", she asked with concern as she held me in her arms.

I silently thanked Babaji for giving me another mother who was so caring; who made sure I never missed my own mother. I wiped the last of my tears and touched her cheek as I looked at her.

"Don't worry mommy, everything is okay. It's just that'Meera'is going to leave today. My sister and best friend is getting married.", I said attempting to stop her queries. I know she loved and cared for me but I could never tell her the real reason for my tears; I couldn't stand to lose another mother.  

"Oh my bacha, daughters have to get married someday; it's what our tradition is. After Meera, my Geet is going to get married too.", she said with love as she kissed my forehead. I said nothing to that.

"I am going to see if Meera is ready yet.", I said before I raced up the stairs. I contemplated if I should tell Meera about Maan; it would be better if she knew about it before she saw Maan tonight. I went to her room and saw her. She was clad in a red and golden lengha with matching ornaments looking like a beauty.

"You look beautiful Meers, Yash won't be able to take his eyes of you", I complimented as I gave her a hug. The other females in the room silently filed out giving us sisters a moment.

We both sat on the bed and I instantly hugged her close sneaking comfort in the person I trusted the most after Maan. Meera was quick to notice my behaviour, which was more than just her leaving.

"Geets, what's wrong baby?", she asked as she held my shoulders and tried to read my face which according to her and Maan told the whole story.

"He is back.", was all I said before I hugged her once again as my tears hit the works.

"Maan?", she asked but I could tell she knew the answer already. There was only one man in the world I loved with all my heart. It didn't matter that I didn't marry him for my parents' sake but I never married anyone else either. And it was the reason I lost my parents; it was the reason my parents died, which I never forgave myself.

Flashback

I made my way back home after I said farewell to Maan at the beach for the sake of my parents. My mother Rano opened the door as I rang the doorbell. She gasped as she saw me drenched. She instantly pulled me in from the stormy rain.

"Geet beta, you are soaked. What were you doing out so late in this rain? Let me take you upstairs or you will get sick in this weather.", she said as she held me by the shoulders. My father glanced up from his laptop as he saw me. I shrugged her hands off my shoulders and she looked at me with a hurt expression, which I ignored.

"Geet, go upstairs and change.", my father instructed in a stern voice. My eyes filled with tears at my father's cold voice; I was always his princess who he never denied anything except the person I loved with all my heart.

"Mohan, bring me blankets and some tea", my mother hollered at the servant.

"There is no need for you to worry about me. I can take care of myself.", I said with a cold voice as I walked passed them to the stairs. They looked at each other with saddened expression but I didn't feel guilty. I stopped at the middle of the staircase to look back at them.

"I left Maan for your sake because you disapprove of him but just so you know, I vow to you today that I will never ever marry anyone else. I only belong to Maan.", I said before I started up the stairs again but my father's voice stopped me

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? GET YOU MARRIED OFF TO THE MAN WHO CAN HARDLY SUPPORT HIMSELF AND HIS GRANDMOTHER?", my father yelled as my mother placed a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"I can't give your hand in marriage to a man who is incapable of taking care of my daughter.", he continued.

"But Daddy--",I attemped

"NO GEET, this is my final decision. You will not get married to a man who has no status in our society. I never minded your friendship thinking you were being kind to a less fortune boy but to marry him is just out of question.", he said in a stern voice.

"If you gave your decision then hear mine too; I will never ever marry anyone else other than Maan.",I screamed before I ran up the rest of the stairs in tears.

"YES YOU WILL, GEET HANDA", my dad yelled loud enough for me to hear.

I threw myself on my bed as I cried my heart out. I pulled his photo frame from under my pillow; I ran my fingers along the glass dying to touch his skin as tears dropped on the glass.

"Maan, Maan, I love you. I will never let anyone take your place.", I whispered as I kissed his picture. "I love you", I said repeatedly looking at his picture.

"No Rano, I will go talk to Saviti Devi and inform her what her grandson has been up to. She thinks he is so decent.", I heard my father tell my mother. I was angered that he was including Maan's sweet Dadi in this too. The old woman already has suffered the loss of her son and daughter-in-law when Maan was only 5 years old. She worked hard to raise Maan on her own giving him the best of values. She wouldn't be able to bear if someone spoke ill of her loved grandson; if someone questioned her upbringing.

"Sunyie Ji, wait till the morning. The weather is so horrible outside, it's noy safe to drive in this weather.", my mother pleaded with him.

I heard them argue some more as my mother tried to convince him to wait till the morning but my father was stubborn; that's where I got my own stubbornness.

"Fine then, I am coming with you too.", my mother concluded. Soon I heard the door closing. I didn't care as I continued to hug Maan's picture and cried.

I stirred as I heard the phone ringing ; I lifted my head up in attempts to get up but it stopped ringing. I dozed off again.

I stirred once again as I heard loud pounding at the front door this time. I glanced at the clock as I rubbed my eyes. I gasped to see it was 4 in the morning. I instantly got afraid wondering who it could be so late. I apprehensively made my way downstairs looking at the darkened rooms wondering where my parents were; could it be that they had not returned yet? But they had left around 10.

I switched on lights as I went to the front door, "Who is it?", I asked fearfully

"Police", a deep voice came from the other side.

I opened the door to find two middle aged police officers at my doorstep.

"Geet Handa?", they asked. I nodded slowly.

"Is everything okay officer?", I asked fearfully.

" I am sorry Ms.Handa but your parents Rano and Mohinder Handa died in a car crash. They passed away on the spot. I am so sorry", one the officer said sadly.

I felt my world spin as I took in his words but refused to believe them, "NOOO, THAT CAN'T BE, THEY CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THAT.", I yelled as I fall to my knees unable to stand up.

Flashback end..

Present

"That was the day I lost everyone I loved; my parents and my Maan. I lost my parents because I wanted to be with Maan. And I lost Maan because of my parents ", I said as I stayed in Meera's embrace.

"But Geet, you have us. We are your family, are we not?", Meera asked as she held my hands.

I instantly nodded, "Of course stupid, you are the only family I have left, if it wasn't for your parents who adopted after my parents' death then I would have no one. They gave me a family, a name and brought us all the way to Canada to start a new life; where the old memories wouldn't haunt me."

"Why are you calling them my parents? Are they not your parents too? Am I not your sister and is Lucky not your brother?", Meera asked with hurt.

I touched her cheek lightly, "Of course they are silly, and this family is my everything now. But Maan doesn't know that .He only knows that my parents died and I vanished somewhere. We made sure that no one would ever tell him that I came to Canada with you.", I said as I stood up. I walked to the open window and felt the soft breeze. I couldn't help but graze at the moon again remembering the words he said years ago.

I am looking at my moon. The moon's beauty is nothing compared to my Misiti's beauty. And for me you are the most beautiful in the world.

"So what, you can tell him the truth now. I know you still love him.", Meera said as she stood behind me with her hand on my shoulder.

I sighed sadly, "It doesn't matter if I love him or not. It's been 10 years Meera. What if he has someone in his life?"

"But Geet, you know that there wouldn't---"

" And it doesn't even matter if he does or not. Because Maan and Geet are not destined to be together and I can't lose my parents once again.", I said with determination as I wiped the last of my tears away.

One more part before i end this...

LIKE BUTTON MAKES ME ðŸ˜Š AND COMMENTS ðŸ˜ƒ

and those of you wondering or wanting me to make this a SS or FF...i am sorry but it's just not possible..i am already writing a SS and a FF...even though it is summer vacation, there are other commitments i have; i know that i wouldn't be able to balance them.

Love, 

Reya <3 

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 12 years ago
Beatiful dear. do continue