scinerd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I have a theory. I think Pashu is jealous of Toasty. He has always had the control of the family until Toasty came. Then Prachin started talking back to him, on behalf of Toasty and her mom. he even ran away. Tej spoke against him.  Gyan think Toasty is his mom.  Maybe deep deep down inside he has a soft spot for toasty but overall he is jealous of her. That why he is so fixated on knowing who voted yes. Also the fact that she still has control in the house cause of the way she placed the stuff makes him angry. He wants his control back.  What do you all think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikkigreen thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You could be right.

To quote Mr. Spock, "there are always possibilities".  😃
anotheranfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i dont think so... pashu is hurt and those wounds are deep and all his actions, thoughts are biased because of those past experiences and pains that he and his family had to go through.
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well we must not forget how he tried to send Tej and Toasty to honeymoon. He loved Toasty.. He also has a soft corner for Malti.. He just hates her mother (rightly so.. who wont hate such mother in law who just can not stop interferring in her daughter's life.. typical Indian mom..I have seen so many of them)

Pashu is just a person whose trust to goodness of  people is severely shattered by what happened to him and has converted him to a paranoid. He being from old scool of thought (like thinking bahus are for house works only) and not being prepared to update himself with time has made the situation worse.

So, in summary, a good person at heart but converted to a paranoid by some evil character(read Malti's mom   and miserable mismatch with modern time - the result is such inhuman behaviour out of furstration..

I do not know what the CV would come up with but th truth is at this age - he can hardly change. I guess if one person has understood him properly.. it is Toasty herself..

Will we ever find such a larger than life character like Toasty in real life? May be never.. hats off to Toasty..
Naina007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No, not jealous. He's too hurt to want happiness. And Toasty brought a lot of happiness. So his ego is making him believe Toasty is just like Malti so he doesn't endure the same thing again. All of this is his ego which he cannot control and as a result he's become like this.
scinerd thumbnail
hmm I get what you all are saying. I forgot about the honeymoon thing, I didn't watch a few episodes cause I had a huge exam to study for. But still i know he's hurt but I think deep down inside he is kinda scared of losing control. I can see what naina007 is saying and it's probably true, I use to think that too but when he could not understand Tej pain today, it made me think. Is it really more his pain or his ego. I'm sure it's both but this week it's been his ego more than anything.  All of a sudden it wasn't okay if Tej felt like sad but it was okay if he did. The whole victim thing is getting annoying in my opinion. I know he is good at heart and he is in pain, but that doesn't give him the license to treat people like he has. Or even be mad at his brother for supporting his wife, instead of him. Everyone tries to support and understand him, when will he try to understand others. I think its time for Pashu to stop blaming others and try to change a bit himself.
Edited by scinerd - 12 years ago
spingirl thumbnail
Pashu is suffering from narcssistic personality disorder. And also some more mental disorders.  His attitude is, if I am miserable, I'll make sure everybody around him is also miserable.
SejN thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
you have a good point lol...
and i would laugh if tht is the real reason as to y he is soo cold hearted :(
anotheranfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ scinerd
Well ideally there are so many things that should be happening or not happening but real life isnt about ideals but about flaws... Thats what make the person who he is...  no doubt there is ego but when he was bursting like bomb on the bday, he was angry and hurt. He was finally letting himself believe in toasty and it was broken the minute he saw and heard malti-toasty conversation. and i guess it was more painful than the  malti 's departure 5 years back.

Slowly he would understand that what he heard wasnt true but it takes time. I dont think he was mad at his brother for being sad but he was mad because he didnt support him.
scinerd thumbnail
@anotherfan, I know he was shattered. he felt that all women leave him, his mother, his wife now his sister. He trusted her I understand. but your last point, he was mad at tej for not supporting. that's where the ego comes.  Like why does everyone have to agree with him all the time? Tej even said it that time, sometimes the ones that love you the most have to tell you things that may hurt. For example, when dadaji said all that stuff, he didn't even reflect on it. It was more concerned about who voted yes. 

Also I love how there is a big discussion on this fictional character haha. This show makes you think and it shows how diverse we all are in our thoughts lol. Also this actor is actually a really nice and funny guy. In dadaji birthday you see how he really is.