sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Karan Johar is too old to party

Sarita Tanwar, TNN | May 25, 2011, 12.00am IST

Karan Johar
Karan Johar turns 39 today. The eternally young filmmaker is not planning to celebrate his birthday this year. But he will spend it with his near and dear ones.

Here, the still-young filmmaker talks about how he will spend the year, his youngest film yet, and the changes he hopes to make in his life before this year ends. Read on...

So what's the birthday plan?
No plan. There is a crucial match for Shah Rukh Khan's team, and we are all going to be at his place seeing the match on the big screen, and praying.

If you and your gang are at Mannat, a party is inevitable. Especially if SRK's team wins.
Really, not even thinking of the party. Anyway, I think I may be too old to party now.

Old? You are turning 39!
Yes. And next year, I will be checking myself into a clinic because I will go into depression at the thought of becoming 40. I am presently clinging on to the last vestiges of youth. I have even started colouring my hair. Soon, I will have to go to my Wikipedia profile, and change the 'young filmmaker' bit.

And yet your next, Student Of The Year, is your youngest film ever.
Yes, it is based on college life. Part of my first film, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was too, but I was in my twenties then. This time, I am afraid that I will end up making a wannabe film. Because a young film is not just about bright colours and peppy songs. So I am hanging around young people these days. Noticing how they dress, how they talk, etc. I am scared of making this film.

Any birthday resolutions?
The past decade has been all about work, I want to now start devoting time to my personal life. Also, I want to start learning to manage my time better. I want to get in shape.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Karan-Johar-is-too-old-to-party/articleshow/8554587.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i like that he's being honest and not denying the fact that '39' is too old to prance around and party all the time. Good on you Karan.
He should be afraid of making a wannabe film before every film he does. All his films are wannabes that will never be. 
sheee thumbnail
I like his movies.  so his movies are not wanna be.
This content was originally posted by: sheee

I like his movies.  so his movies are not wanna be.

Who died and made you the decision maker? 
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
sheee thumbnail
^

^

Repeat offender? ðŸ˜†

To play God, I'd have had to imply that somehow my dislike for KJO films automatically renders him a wannabe. Since I did not clearly say that, your point is moot.

Now if you will excuse me, I will go laugh at Kjo's wannabe interview. ðŸ˜†
Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
sheee thumbnail
you didn't write "I think all his movies are wanna be."  excused

you didn't write "I think all his movies are wanna be."  excused

Don't need no excuse in charity.😆

Correction: I did not write, " I dislike his movies, so his movies are wannabe to me". ðŸ˜›
sheee thumbnail
You can like his movies and still think his movies are wanna be. so keep your correction to yourself.