Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

just because a person has a muslim name doesn't necessarily mean they are muslims. JEEEZ

anyway the article is ridiculous. ðŸ˜† it makes me laugh. 

just an FYI - this is an issue more because he is from ROYAL HERITAGE and no where relates to "untouchables" nothing relates to any religion per se
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: monar

just an FYI - this is an issue more because he is from ROYAL HERITAGE and no where relates to "untouchables" nothing relates to any religion per se

chill im not attacking him

"because he is of Muslim royal heritage"

was that word necessary there then if it was just about ROYAL HERITAGE? 
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: anu-pre4eva

chill im not attacking him

"because he is of Muslim royal heritage"

was that word necessary there then if it was just about ROYAL HERITAGE? 

🤔 hmm! its perspective dude you preferred to choose what you wanted I did what I want. btw, there was a news coverage few days back where the whole story was he being royal. That said, definitely quoting that word was not so needed here
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
its all about perspective like u said right?
quoting me was not needed either. 
Originally posted by: you2

Jha knows how to publicise a film..according to trade, promotions are in full swing and it expects Arakshan to make 40 crore first weekend(compare it to ready  Ready at 30crore)

turn to page 13 here..ZNMD not getting any response from trade according to them..

http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/wp-content/uploads/magazine/issue88/index.html

ZNMD...obviously wont get good response...where there are YaWNING actors like farhan akhtar...hrithik is already on a downslide...after his two films...and abhay deol no comments...

but i hope this film does well for hrithik dats it...
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
@taran_adarsh

@prakashjha1 Was recalling impactful scenes of Aarakshan between Sr B, Saif & Manoj. Left an indelible impression. Volatile & hard hitting!
about 2 hours ago via Power Twitter in reply to prakashjha1

Watched portions of Prakash Jha's 'Aarakshan', *ing Big B, Saif, Deepika, Prateik, Manoj Bajpai. Explosive stuff. Came back v impressed. about 22 hours ago via Power Twitter
Edited by you2 - 12 years ago
I don't think this is going to be that big an issue. Saif's Sikh look in LAK, Akshay's look in some film, more recently Dhobi issue with Aamir Khan too was objected and later resolved.

But I'm curious to know how Jha incorporated Mandal commission protests. If that's not done right then the movie might get banned in UP and Bihar. Jha in his interview mentioned that even though the issue in Aarakshan is serious, it's mainstream cinema. Let's see.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
People always have a problem with Prakash Jha films. what the!!
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
So what exactly they want now ? Reservation in Bollywood too ? Dalit character by Dalit only ? ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by: TheDilettante

But I'm curious to know how Jha incorporated Mandal commission protests. If that's not done right then the movie might get banned in UP and Bihar. Jha in his interview mentioned that even though the issue in Aarakshan is serious, it's mainstream cinema. Let's see.

yah maya seriously ...i want this movie to do justice with the issue ...

hope they also throw some DIRT on All the Politicians by taking their names involved with this time to time without fearing of politicians 

^ Minnie: I don't think a mainstream movie would tackle a serious issue in a way you expect. I'm sure Jha will highlight the reservation angle through his characters and then add usual love [upper caste girl-lower caste boy] angle and drama.

Also, workplace derision. Maybe Manoj Bajpai's character [upper caste] might ridicule Saif Ali Khan's character [lower caste] for getting a job through aarakshan (reservation) even when the guy is truly deserving.

I think even though the content is serious, this movie might stay mainstream in its treatment just like Gangaajal and Apaharan.