Navya

Fears of Emotions

sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Does anyone here remember those days in school wen we as little kids use to ask mom n dad for spending money to eat the candies sold at the cafeteria???? Do u then remember the FEAR with which u walked up to them knowing somewhere inside u wat the answer will be???

I remember a quote on this:

The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable.  What he wants above everything else is safety.  ~Henry Louis Mencken

Today wat I saw in Anant's eyes after receiving that "back to reality shock" call from Baba, was that very same FEAR more than anything...Yes...he was agonized...yes he became guilt conscious...and yes he was emotionally stunned...but above it all...he had a tornado of fear rush into veins that came out so evidently in his eyes...

No...this FEAR was not of his realization of the consequences of his "mushy mushy" night with Navya...it was rather a FEAR of his ownself...Anant was not angry at wat happened...he was rather fearful of his own ability to do things beyond his imaginations...and that was wat he was angry about...

Wat happened in that heat of the bonfire has awakened Anant to some extent as he realizes that he too can make blunders...that he too can have emotions that will sway him away...and that controlling feelings is not always in ur hands...and this came more into his realizations as Ranbir went over his set of "let loose" emotions story and his final nail in the coffin for Anant was those dialogues "humare sabhyata aur sanskriti ke khilaaf jaa raha he...yeh toh ghor paapi he" which made him realize that in his impulse n rush of emotions...he was about to cross the borders of the template he created for himself due to his upbringing and which he THOT was the "right" template of life for him...

Wat Anant is doing in the precap is not technically avoiding Navya...but based on wat I have observed in today's epi...I will say that Anant is rather acting on his fear of himself...he now knows that Navya's close proximity affects him...n makes him to do things he has not planned for...He wants to keep Navya at a distance from him coz he has lost that faith in himself due to that fear of stepping out of his "template" and m afraid...this is the same fear that will make Anant "try" to back off from the relationship...let's see tho!!!!! 😳😳

Rab Raakha...
Shilpa πŸ€—
Edited by sajni786 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Raconteuse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hey Shilpa! Nice post. I liked today's episode. CVs showed some sense playing basketball in Anant's headπŸ˜† He needed some alone time to reflect... All this while he was living in his dreamland that had Navya.. One phone call from Baba and he was back to reality. Btw, Baba talks in such round and round  but symbolic ways. What a timing to call.πŸ˜† I was not too pleased with the already growing physical proximity between them. Their relationship is too new to have such levels of intimacy. Though it was a scene well enacted by Shaheer-Soumya.

More than the fear , he was upset with himself thinking about what he had been doing. He was torn between his feelings and his upbringing. Ranbir's comments made him even more angry. About him avoiding Navya , Understandable for now. After all how much can a person soak in one night. But they need to sort it out in future. He just can't be avoiding her without giving a reason.

Edited by --Naina-- - 12 years ago
sajni786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Naina--

Hey Shilpa! Nice post. I liked today's episode. CVs showed some sense playing basketball in Anant's headπŸ˜† He needed some alone time to reflect... All this while he was living in his dreamland that had Navya.. One phone call from Baba and he was back to reality. Btw, Baba talks in such round and round  but symbolic ways. What a timing to call.πŸ˜† I was not too pleased with the already growing physical proximity between them. Their relationship is too new to have such levels of intimacy. Though it was a scene well enacted by Shaheer-Soumya.

More than the fear , he was upset with himself thinking about what he had been doing. He was torn between his feelings and his upbringing. Ranbir's comments made him even more angry. About him avoiding Navya , Understandable for now. After all how much can a person soak in one night. But they need to sort it out in future. He just can't be avoiding her without giving a reason.

hey Naina...(i love ur name btw...reminds me of preity zinta from KHNH😳)...thx for replying...

I actually loved baba's talk ...so very symbolic like u said with such calm...
And yes...he was angry...but the root cause of that anger is the fear of himself...of his feelings...and its a fear of seeing down upon himself...thx to his pre-set mind towards the values n upbringing instilled in him...

But I agree...Anant cannot be avoiding Navya for too long...without explanations atleast...she deserves n has the right to know that!!!
AreYaar thumbnail
Ahh good, Shilpa...you've saved me the trouble of making a post...I'm just going to blab in your post...so bear with me and my rambling for a bit :P

I was finding it hilarious how long they were dragging out the lean in for the kiss...like almost like pendulums they would both sway...slowww motion mein...atleast 5 minutes must have passed like thatπŸ˜†...swaying inch by MINUTE inch closer together...lol...some of the camera angles in this scene were weird but nice overall. And something's weird about this "night lighting" cuz it makes both their lips look blue/purple sometimes...lol...yeah I'm noticing random things...haha

The silence in the moment when Navya backs away from the kiss and he's just looking at her in confusion...really well executed...no bg music, nothing...and then BAM the phone rings out of nowhere startling both of them...and Anant getting the shock of his life seeing BABA flashing on the phoneπŸ˜†...CSB was at his creepy best in this scene...jai ho! lol...the "bhagwaan chahte the" and all bit I can still get but what the hell was up with the random "bolo Om namah shivay" in the end? Hain?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...Anant was TERRIFIED out of his mind and it showed on his face...talk about zor ka jhatka...lol...and poor Navya was standing there the entire time waiting in confusion? Awww...I'd thought she'd run off by then...but she didn't.

Another interesting bit...the way AN look at each other after the call ends...especially Anant's expression as he is still processing all the OTT stuff his baba has blabbed at him...and suddenly Appy emerges...the way Anant slowly starts backing away...I felt sorry for both of them in that moment...Navya toh obviously is still in her naive confusion but Anant had this expression of a lot hitting home at last and realizing that this was symbolic of him having to back off from her otherwise too.

Next, the basketball scene...ok firstly Anant/Shaheer doesn't know how to play bball...LOLLL...his dribbling was cracking me up SO much🀣He was pounding the ball in like this REALLY hilarious manner...but anyways moving to the real point of the scene...Anant's turmoil and anger at himself...the flashbacks were very well woven in and the voices ringing in Anant's head...Navya, his own voice asking Navya for the kiss back, CSB's voice...all of it overlapping in his head and adding to the turmoil...oh and again...Shaheer needs a haircut...his hair was looking even worse with those ZULFEIN all sweaty and stuff...lol...Anyways the scene gets more interesting when Ranbir pops in all chirpy and happy...and says JUST the things to make Anant realize just HOW much he had lost control...And did anyone notice how Anant couldn't score a single basket?? He kept trying and his frustration kept increasing but he couldn't score a single one...Ranbir scored one pretty easily...lol...I don't know if that was symbolism too...or just that Anant is a HORRIBLE bball player...lmao.

That moment was awesome when Ranbir calls him SANT Anant who would view Ranbir as a "ghor paapi"...the anger in Anant's voice there as he bursts out at Ranbir...woah...

I also liked the girly talk scene b/w R-A-N...gossiping over Ritika's romantic encounter with Ranbir but Navya herself so confused and wondering about her own feelings regarding what had just happened...asking her "darr nahin lagta?" LOL...I must say though that Appy is a total dumbass that she couldn't figure AT all that Navya wouldn't randomly go and stand next to the bonfire aevein...but oh well.

Precap is interesting...it's not a cut direct from Anant...he's gone back to being polite, impersonal Anant...but poor Navya is obviously confused...now she'll be thinking for a while...and so will Anant...even if he doesn't want to think...lol

*Edit: Oh I forgot to say I agree with you on the whole fears of emotions bit...yeah Anant is terrified of his own emotions and his lack of control over those emotions when it comes to Navya...so he will obviously try to stay away from her...but I don't think Navya will let him off without giving her an explanation...seeing the way she persistently tried to talk to him even after the whole "main aisi nahin hoon" misunderstanding, she will deffo corner him sooner or later to talk about this situation too...remains to be seen what Anant will say then.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Ruxana91 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Shilpa - hey i'm Ruxana πŸ˜Š you've written a great post there! have to say i think i agreed with almost everything you've written πŸ˜Š definitely - he was feeling fearful of his own emotions and his inability to control them...

Originally posted by: nureat01

@Anu - here i go with adding my thoughts onto your wise words lol πŸ˜†
Ahh good, Shilpa...you've saved me the trouble of making a post...I'm just going to blab in your post...so bear with me and my rambling for a bit :P

I was finding it hilarious how long they were dragging out the lean in for the kiss just imagine i gave you this hi5 yeah? lool thats the first & foremost thing i was thinking...πŸ˜† get on with it already lol im sure they mustve lost balance at some point after leaning in so much & for soo long lol πŸ˜† ...like almost like pendulums they would both sway...slowww motion mein...atleast 5 minutes must have passed like thatπŸ˜† haha lool ...swaying inch by MINUTE inch closer together...lol...some of the camera angles in this scene were weird but nice overall. And something's weird about this "night lighting" cuz it makes both their lips look blue/purple sometimes...lol...yeah I'm noticing random things...haha

The silence in the moment when Navya backs away from the kiss and he's just looking at her in confusion...really well executed ditto πŸ˜‰ i loved that silent moment too and i was predicting the phone call to be the silence breaker lol...no bg music, nothing...and then BAM the phone rings out of nowhere startling both of them...and Anant getting the shock of his life seeing BABA flashing on the phoneπŸ˜†...CSB was at his creepy best in this scene...jai ho! lol...the "bhagwaan chahte the" and all bit I can still get but what the hell was up with the random "bolo Om namah shivay" in the end? Hain?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†  ini? what the hell was that about? sounded creepy more than anything if you ask me πŸ˜†...Anant was TERRIFIED out of his mind and it showed on his face...talk about zor ka jhatka...lol...and poor Navya was standing there the entire time waiting in confusion? Awww...I'd thought she'd run off by then...but she didn't. 

Another interesting bit...the way AN look at each other after the call ends...especially Anant's expression as he is still processing all the OTT stuff his baba has blabbed at him...and suddenly Appy emerges...the way Anant slowly starts backing away...I felt sorry for both of them in that moment...😭 me too Navya toh obviously is still in her naive confusion but Anant had this expression of a lot hitting home at last and realizing that this was symbolic of him having to back off from her otherwise too.

Next, the basketball scene i actually liked how they maintained the continuity in the whole Anant-basketball theme, like in the promo before the show started there was a part where he was playing basketball and then in the canteen when the others were asking Navya to help Anant with the computer project - he was shown bouncing the basketball against a wall and then in todays episode...ok firstly Anant/Shaheer doesn't know how to play bball...LOLLL...his dribbling was cracking me up SO much🀣He was pounding the ball in like this REALLY hilarious manner lool Anu, you really crack me up πŸ€£...but anyways moving to the real point of the scene...Anant's turmoil and anger at himself...the flashbacks were very well woven in and the voices ringing in Anant's head yup that was done really well...Navya, his own voice asking Navya for the kiss back, CSB's voice...all of it overlapping in his head and adding to the turmoil...oh and again...Shaheer needs a haircut...his hair was looking even worse with those ZULFEIN all sweaty and stuff...lol..haha again with his hair - he needs to get the hint already - dude its high time you got it trimmed!! lol Anyways the scene gets more interesting when Ranbir pops in all chirpy and happy...and says JUST the things to make Anant realize just HOW much he had lost control...And did anyone notice how Anant couldn't score a single basket?? He kept trying and his frustration kept increasing but he couldn't score a single one...Ranbir scored one pretty easily...lol...I don't know if that was symbolism too...or just that Anant is a HORRIBLE bball player...lmao. i loved this part - you're right, its funny how Ranbir said all the right things at the right moment and the whole 'yeh toh gor paapi hain' that seemed like it really hit home to Anant - as though the words were directly describing him...and yea i noticed his several unsuccessful attempts to score...but i think that was symbolic of his feelings & frustration...

That moment was awesome when Ranbir calls him SANT Anant who would view Ranbir as a "ghor paapi"...the anger in Anant's voice there as he bursts out at Ranbir...woah...

I also liked the girly talk scene b/w R-A-N...gossiping over Ritika's romantic encounter with Ranbir but Navya herself so confused and wondering about her own feelings regarding what had just happened...asking her "darr nahin lagta?" LOL...I must say though that Appy is a total dumbass that she couldn't figure AT all that Navya wouldn't randomly go and stand next to the bonfire aevein...but oh well.

i liked that scene too...and again 'tumhe darr nahin lagta' felt like navya was tryin to get an answer for herself 

Precap is interesting...it's not a cut direct from Anant...he's gone back to being polite, impersonal Anant...but poor Navya is obviously confused...now she'll be thinking for a while...and so will Anant...even if he doesn't want to think...lol lool at the part in bold - i think it's evident that the dude's clearly got serious thinking issues! lol but i understand where he's coming from but i feel for navya...after all that happened n she's only just starting tu embrace the feeling and the whole experience shared with anant and now he's suddenly gna be all doom & gloom towards her πŸ˜’ but i hope he soon realises that pushing her away from his life isn't gna change how he feels towards her (maybe he's doing it so that he doesn't lead her on and hurt her anymore although doing that is prob gna hurt her even more anyway πŸ˜”) ...and it's sucha  coincidence there's a scene on the bus journey home - coz since they've been at the picnic i've bin imagining scenes for the bus journey - was actually hoping they'd sit together & TALK loadz but no such luck now lol  πŸ˜’

Edited by Ruxana91 - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Ruxana: Yep, his inability to score definitely seemed symbolic of his frustration with himself...with nothing going his way...nothing going the "right" way so to speak...no answers...no matter how much he silently took out all his pent up frustration  on that ball by pounding it in anger all over the court... πŸ˜†

Re: the coming storyline...yeah it is indeed ironic that Navya in a sense is embracing the feeling more freely based on what she's questioning Ritz about too but Anant is retreating behind an impersonal mask...He's got his own defense mechanism to use now...I don't think he's going to be doom and gloom...he's just going to be polite and go back to treating her like an acquaintance...even in the precap, it wasn't like he was not even looking at her...he even gave her a faint smile after he asks Harry to move as if he's helping herπŸ˜†...but Navya obviously will be confused cuz considering that until just a day ago, Anant was running after her every second to spend time with her...and now he's trying to "help" her like an impersonal acquaintance.

TALK? lol...Talk will take time...I guess something had to change on the bus journey back to contrast it with how they were on the journey TO the picnic...so happy and everything.
sajni786 thumbnail

πŸ˜†...u crack me up Anuuu...but ur always welcome to post ur views at my posts πŸ€—πŸ€—...which I get tempted to write whenever I see the underlying waters above all that is being displayed...

I was finding it hilarious how long they were dragging out the lean in for the kiss...like almost like pendulums they would both sway...slowww motion mein...atleast 5 minutes must have passed like thatπŸ˜†swaying inch by MINUTE inch closer together...lol...some of the camera angles in this scene were weird but nice overall. And something's weird about this "night lighting" cuz it makes both their lips look blue/purple sometimes...lol...yeah I'm noticing random things...haha

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...tell me about it...the pace at which they were heading towards having the "halleluah" moment...I cudnt help but say..."ab agle janam hi tohe kiss deejo"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† btw...jai ho lighting effects ki...apparently darkness is always portrayed blue/purple in movies...a mystery I have never understood coz in reality I always seem to go blind in darkness with pitch blackoutness

πŸ˜†The silence in the moment when Navya backs away from the kiss and he's just looking at her in confusion...really well executed...no bg music, nothing...and then BAM the phone rings out of nowhere startling both of them...and Anant getting the shock of his life seeing BABA flashing on the phoneπŸ˜†...CSB was at his creepy best in this scene...jai ho! lol...the "bhagwaan chahte the" and all bit I can still get but what the hell was up with the random "bolo Om namah shivay" in the end?🀣....U know I really thot that I was prolly the only finding it OTT 🀣🀣🀣...I mean chalo understood CSB prolly wanted to pronounce peace to Anant's unnerved veins which he sensed...but the way Anant repeated it was 🀣🀣🀣 ...had I been Navya standing beside him...I defo wud have bursted out laughing 🀣🀣🀣 ...but I agree...the entire after shock of the realization was brilliantly executed... Hain?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...Anant was TERRIFIED out of his mind and it showed on his face...talk about zor ka jhatka...lol...and poor Navya was standing there the entire time waiting in confusion? Awww...I'd thought she'd run off by then...but she didn't.

Another interesting bit...the way AN look at each other after the call ends...especially Anant's expression as he is still processing all the OTT stuff his baba has blabbed at him...and suddenly Appy emerges...the way Anant slowly starts backing away...I felt sorry for both of them in that moment...Navya toh obviously is still in her naive confusion but Anant had this expression of a lot hitting home at last and realizing that this was symbolic of him having to back off from her otherwise too.

U know one thing I have loved about the CVs of this show is that they use symbolism very intelligently...in a very suttle yet very expressive way as well...not to mention quite differently as wellπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...like the street crossing and today...the back stepping...😳😳

Next, the basketball scene...ok firstly Anant/Shaheer doesn't know how to play bball...LOLLL...his dribbling was cracking me up SO much🀣He was pounding the ball in like this REALLY hilarious manner...but anyways moving to the real point of the scene...Anant's turmoil and anger at himself...the flashbacks were very well woven in and the voices ringing in Anant's head...Navya, his own voice asking Navya for the kiss back, CSB's voice...all of it overlapping in his head and adding to the turmoil... Again brilliant execution as u mentioned...Anant's inner turmoil and his frustration over himself for his feelings n his helplessness when it comes to his family came across very well in the scene...Shaheer actually impressed me with his dedicated expressions truout this scene!!😳😳oh and again...Shaheer needs a haircut...his hair was looking even worse with those ZULFEIN all sweaty and stuff...lol...Anyways the scene gets more interesting when Ranbir pops in all chirpy and happy...and says JUST the things to make Anant realize just HOW much he had lost control...And did anyone notice how Anant couldn't score a single basket?? He kept trying and his frustration kept increasing but he couldn't score a single one...Ranbir scored one pretty easily...lol...I don't know if that was symbolism too...or just that Anant is a HORRIBLE bball player...lmao.

hmmm...not quite sure on the symbolism but ya...i did think his life is all messed up just the way his bb game was...

The entire gal talk was nice...it was such a irony to see that Anant's actions mirrored Ranbir's while Navya's mirrored Ritz...the difference is...RR are settled over their feelings while AN are not!!
And why do I feel that Appy actually knows about Navya n will come in handy to protect her when the true testing n rough times begin for Navya????😳😳 Or is it Kekta maiya again doing her spell on me 🀣🀣

Precap is interesting...it's not a cut direct from Anant...he's gone back to being polite, impersonal Anant...but poor Navya is obviously confused...now she'll be thinking for a while...and so will Anant...even if he doesn't want to think...lol

I ...even tho am excited to see the upcoming track...somehow m already fearing that I will be so getting affected by Navya's situation ...somehow...her naiveness n innocence...makes my motherly instincts alive for her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜³
...*sigh*

*Edit: Oh I forgot to say I agree with you on the whole fears of emotions bit...yeah Anant is terrified of his own emotions and his lack of control over those emotions when it comes to Navya...so he will obviously try to stay away from her...but I don't think Navya will let him off without giving her an explanation...seeing the way she persistently tried to talk to him even after the whole "main aisi nahin hoon" misunderstanding, she will deffo corner him sooner or later to talk about this situation too...remains to be seen what Anant will say then...hmmm...I think I will reserve my comment on this...only coz I first wanna see wat her reactions will be once she notices this sudden change in Anant and then ofcourse wat she's got brewing within her once she also reaches back to base...I wud really love to see wat U have mentioned here tho...but I somehow m not able to forsee that...lets see tho!!😳

Edited by sajni786 - 12 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice posts Shilpa, Anu, Ruxana.

Between you, everything has been covered, so I will only say that after yesterday I feel sorry for both of them. Navya for what she is going to face and Anant for what he is already going through.
sajni786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ruxana91

@Shilpa - hey i'm Ruxana πŸ˜Š you've written a great post there! have to say i think i agreed with almost everything you've written πŸ˜Š definitely - he was feeling fearful of his own emotions and his inability to control them...

🀣🀣.🀣...hey Ruxana...u sure na that u liked wat I have written since u "think" u liked it πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ€£...jk...but hey...thx for replying😳😳

i feel for navya...after all that happened n she's only just starting tu embrace the feeling and the whole experience shared with anant and now he's suddenly gna be all doom & gloom towards her πŸ˜’ but i hope he soon realises that pushing her away from his life isn't gna change how he feels towards her  I second u here...and from all that I have seen n observed...that will be the next turning point for AN as in another awakening experience for Anant to know that the mud pool he has stepped into will only pull him in further n that there is actually no way out other than facing it with a spine!!!...

sajni786 thumbnail

Re: the coming storyline...yeah it is indeed ironic that Navya in a sense is embracing the feeling more freely based on what she's questioning Ritz about too but Anant is retreating behind an impersonal mask...He's got his own defense mechanism to use now...I don't think he's going to be doom and gloom...he's just going to be polite and go back to treating her like an acquaintance...even in the precap, it wasn't like he was not even looking at her...he even gave her a faint smile after he asks Harry to move as if he's helping herπŸ˜†...but Navya obviously will be confused cuz considering that until just a day ago, Anant was running after her every second to spend time with her...and now he's trying to "help" her like an impersonal acquaintance.

WORD!!!...Like I mentioned in my previous posts...Anant is not a bad guy...he has feelings for Navya...he does care for her n also have the concern for her (like when he mentioned about how Navya cud get into trouble for coming to his room at night)...but its just that he is not able to control his feelings n he has realized this quite hard after this mushy incident and therefore wants to keep distance from her...for her sake...and for his sake!!

TALK? lol...Talk will take time...I guess something had to change on the bus journey back to contrast it with how they were on the journey TO the picnic...so happy and everything.

Plus I think the CVs are trying to show something different from other shows as well...where usually we will expect the gal n guy to be sitting next to each other *yawns*πŸ₯±
🀣🀣 and gal obviously kumbkaran ki beechri behen🀣🀣 ...sleeps so deep to not realize that she is sleeping on the guy's shoulder *coughs* 🀣🀣 and that cheesy eyelock...not to mention YRF ke music in the BG to give the mohabatein ke patte flying effect 🀣🀣🀣🀣