Selfish Family (even in real world) - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by pgshah

yes I agree...who are we to judge. But just because I know them I did write about them...She got along with her parents nicely. But consider the case that where girls do not get along with thier parents...but how can you miss going to thier funeral. Only difference between her parents in in laws is the status. Parents were middle class - service people. Where as in laws are extermely rich family. And this was arranged marriage and not love marriage.

i am again telling same thing.don't make judgement.is she said that her husband stopped from attending funeral??she is sad because  not able to attend funeral?if she herself not bothered about it,then why you are making such statement.??
Edited by bakwaas100 - 12 years ago
Sorry but the story about the NZ couple and Toasty are two different situations and the same logic cannot be applied as each has a different circumstance but over well I can understand the point in which you are making as a whole.

They say when a girl gets married, she leaves her own family for good and her husband's family is her new family. I don't agree with this and I know many people don't either but it's the bitter truth. That is why there is "kanya daan" daughter giving at the marriage as one of the rituals because this is to say that now our daughter is yours and she is your responsibility along with the love and care.

This is the reason why women try their hardest to make all relations at her in laws work because for her this is her life now and there's no turning back. Truth is; your family's home will always be home and open to you but your in law's are the home you are going to live at forever now so women tolerate way more than they want to/should.

I don't agree with any of this, and I find it so absurd. If I were Toasty I don't know how I would be able to do so much housework everyday and be okay with not having my job. But it depends person to person I suppose.

But, the new generation won't handle this for long, which is probably why the divorce rate is so high and the marriage rate so low.

Originally posted by Naina007

Sorry but the story about the NZ couple and Toasty are two different situations and the same logic cannot be applied as each has a different circumstance but over well I can understand the point in which you are making as a whole.

They say when a girl gets married, she leaves her own family for good and her husband's family is her new family. I don't agree with this and I know many people don't either but it's the bitter truth. That is why there is "kanya daan" daughter giving at the marriage as one of the rituals because this is to say that now our daughter is yours and she is your responsibility along with the love and care.

This is the reason why women try their hardest to make all relations at her in laws work because for her this is her life now and there's no turning back. Truth is; your family's home will always be home and open to you but your in law's are the home you are going to live at forever now so women tolerate way more than they want to/should.

I don't agree with any of this, and I find it so absurd. If I were Toasty I don't know how I would be able to do so much housework everyday and be okay with not having my job. But it depends person to person I suppose.

But, the new generation won't handle this for long, which is probably why the divorce rate is so high and the marriage rate so low.

I agree with you. People don't put up with a lot these days. They shouldnt have to. It then asks the question, how much should you adjust. It's not right to break marriages and get divorced so quickly. 50% is to high of a divorce rate. I believe divorce should truly be the last option. But people self repect do matter and the bahu should not be a door mat. The husband should adjust too. In fact like the topic starter said, even if its only 10-15%. I think that's what this serial asks. What is the balance. It challenges us every week to think that. It doesn't try to preach what is right or wrong what many serial try to do and what people want it to do.