Posted: 12 years ago
Mona should have spoke up when Manju (from PR) was taunting Anu about differentiating between sister and wife. She should have said what she said to Hetal when giving the necklace and at the party right when Manju made the first remark. Why didn't Mona just tell her off by saying that my jewelry is just as much as Hetal's as it is mine. She can wear it when she wants and keep it also. I think that would have shut up Manju. In fact, when Mona says that my mother gave it that was actually very childish. You never say that in front of your in-laws especially when there is someone trying to spark a fire. I don't think Mona really used her brain in that situation. Sometimes just being big hearted is not all you need. You have to start thinking practical and as a daughter-in-law. She could have easily saved her in-laws respect in front of Manju by telling her off in a way that wouldn't even look bad. And another thing, why give your necklace to Hetal when that was the cause of the whole issue? I mean just think, do you really think people like Hetal and Ambaji would even understand such a gesture, they will turn it and twist it. She should have gave it to Anu and told him to sell that one and buy another one for Hetal if she really wanted to be mahan. The whole situation was dumb, and everyone was at fault in my opinion. Manju for butting her nose into something she had nothing to with, Hetal for acting as a baby, Mona for not thinking fast, Ambaji for being egoistic. As for Anu, he had all the right reason to be angry and Karan πŸ‘ for being a man. I think both the guys should have just got a necklace for their sisters. Anu should have got one for Hetal and just to slap Ambaji and hetal in the face, Karan should have got one for Mona. If Anu can by it for his sister as its his "duty" then by not Karan, rightπŸ˜‰?  Edited by taral83 - 12 years ago
i agree  wid ur post,monA was acting dumb in that day especially wen she was showing off heer jewellery like this,i tink all r wrong in this issue
mona-for being dumb,and giving the necklace to hetal(she dint need to interfwere between hetal and anu)
anukalp-for hiding about his job(his family needs to know it,d way maon got upset cause he hid it from her so do ambaji can get upset,wont blame her for tat)
ambaji-cant blame her much,cause before tat scene she was all praising anu but wen manju pointed she wanted to shut her mouth,and even mona agreed  that anu shld buy set for hetal but wen she realise he lost his job she was quite,ambaji has a right to know about it
hetal-again cant blame her much here,cause she dint asked for anything at such but sum1 humilates u like dis,its not a gud ting too hear and manju made her feel bad,d situation was okay upto dere but mona came wid the set and the argument took place between karal and monalp,but she behaved childish and stubborn
i just loved karan yesterday and todya,he was a star
karan-just luv him dese days,d way he told hetal to accept the jeweelery,and made hetal,anu mona realise they are fighting at sum1 else place was very good,liked him today too
spoil brats!!!  Very selfish set of characters... Edited by rianna - 12 years ago
Originally posted by sherma

i agree  wid ur post,monA was acting dumb in that day especially wen she was showing off heer jewellery like this,i tink all r wrong in this issue
mona-for being dumb,and giving the necklace to hetal(she dint need to interfwere between hetal and anu)
anukalp-for hiding about his job(his family needs to know it,d way maon got upset cause he hid it from her so do ambaji can get upset,wont blame her for tat)
ambaji-cant blame her much,cause before tat scene she was all praising anu but wen manju pointed she wanted to shut her mouth,and even mona agreed  that anu shld buy set for hetal but wen she realise he lost his job she was quite,ambaji has a right to know about it
hetal-again cant blame her much here,cause she dint asked for anything at such but sum1 humilates u like dis,its not a gud ting too hear and manju made her feel bad,d situation was okay upto dere but mona came wid the set and the argument took place between karal and monalp,but she behaved childish and stubborn
i just loved karan yesterday and todya,he was a star
karan-just luv him dese days,d way he told hetal to accept the jeweelery,and made hetal,anu mona realise they are fighting at sum1 else place was very good,liked him today too

The way Phui, Baa, Amba and Hetal treat Mon..I would leave let alone share my jewellery with this sick family.

Something is very wrong with Mona that she puts up this kind of abuse..for all the love in the world nobody, I mean nobody will put up with this kind of sadistic behaviour. Mona has affluent supportive parents. She should leave Gandhi hell hole and return to her family/ 
I am now worried that the ppl seeing this show will start expecting a bahu like mona or bhabhi like mona or wife like mona coz she is dumb takes watever abuse she is getting from them and accepts the crap and still trying to impress her ambaji is a never ending task coz ambaji will never be impressed..

Am damn angry abt the way the story is heading 😑 
So overall they want to convey is its never a happy story to get married in other castes. Beware viewers..πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by sweetygirl28

I am now worried that the ppl seeing this show will start expecting a bahu like mona or bhabhi like mona or wife like mona coz she is dumb takes watever abuse she is getting from them and accepts the crap and still trying to impress her ambaji is a never ending task coz ambaji will never be impressed..

Am damn angry abt the way the story is heading 😑 
So overall they want to convey is its never a happy story to get married in other castes. Beware viewers..πŸ˜‰

If people think that bahu like Mona exists in real life they are delusional, or if they will be able to afford Ghandi kind of accomodation in Delhi on software engineer's salary. To afford this kind of house in Delhi one should be extremely  wealthy. Nobody I know in Delhi lives in this kind of palace. No bahu will take Phui's and Ambaji's  utter bakwas and Gaaliya, and sick looks all day long unless she is brain dead retard.

In real life Gandhi family will be living in two rooms on Anu salary, there will be no interior decorators to decorate and no place for big dinning tables and sofas or for huge island kitchen. They will be living in some shabby place on top of each other.  The family would be worried how to make ends meet and where to sleep at night in two rooms and girls will be working some office jobs to bring some money home for their marriages. There will be no time to wear party saris and utter total bakwas whole day,
Edited by April2007 - 12 years ago
I don't think one should be exactly like Mona as a bahu in the family. But I do believe that many girls should take some pointers from Mona's character and apply it to their own life. Many girls now have become so arrogant and egoistic that there are many elderly parents in nursing homes or actually even abused in their own home. Not ever saas is like Ambaji, but many saas need to take something away from Ambaji's character. And not ever girl is Mona, but we should take some of the good qualities from her character also. Expecting to be just like Mona is wrong, because no one should take abuse. But one really good thing Mona shows is that a girl should start to think her in-law family as her own, which is lacking in today's society. Every story has two sides to it, whether that be real or reel life. As much as its been Ambaji's fault, its also been Mona's stupidity that has landed her in unwanted situations. As I said, she should have spoke up to Manju right then and there when she was taunting Hetal and Anu. Its up to you as a person to take what you wish as a inspiration, one should have the capability to understand real and reel, and if they don't well they were doomed even before watching serials like RMJ.
Edited by taral83 - 12 years ago
Mona is not that old or experience in abuse and insults. Manju is afterall Amba's friend's bahu, Ambaji should have spoken up or told her to shut up..Mona is not responsible for all Gandhi family.

Lots of MIL are horrible and treat their daughter in law like dirt, like Ambaji does, on daily basis. Mother's have to realize that they should treat their DIL like a family member (like their own child) and let go of their sons to form relationship with their wife mother's of sons cannot behave like wife cum mom like Ambaji.

Edited by April2007 - 12 years ago

The way Phui, Baa, Amba and Hetal treat Mon..I would leave let alone share my jewellery with this sick family.

Something is very wrong with Mona that she puts up this kind of abuse..for all the love in the world nobody, I mean nobody will put up with this kind of sadistic behaviour. Mona has affluent supportive parents. She should leave Gandhi hell hole and return to her family/ 

Unfortunately most of our TV shows tend to show the female lead as the doormat of sassural/MIL, accepting abuses n taunts on a daily basis with a smile as if it's kind of a miraculous medicine to b taken thrice a day before or after food intake πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Actually in reality there are more bahu's and family situations like Hetal then Mona...have couple in our family...lol...πŸ˜†...as I say...a DIL can make or break a family...