Mistis thoughts 24th may 2011 - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by ChinadollTwo

Musti, Funny and insightful analysis as always... 👏
Thanks CD😉

Your eagle eyes doesn't miss much and CM should be aware of this by now. I thought Radhika was in a different room and didn't pay attention. 
They entertain me with their goof ups.😃

I wanted Rohan to insist on going with Radhika for Pugh phere and CM obliged.. His temper tantrum and his appearance in Radhika's room ( via bathroom ) freaked her out and I am wondering, if in the future, he will try to punish her by attempting to force himself on her, for coming into his home under false pretence? Dev ofcourse will be there to save her virtue and ultimately hate Rohan.
Well they did manage to nicely link Rohan's temper tantrum because he was not allowed to go with Radhika and then sneeking in to request Radhika and also to see her reaction to the fact that Dev is going with her and in turn freaking her out. As for the forcing himself on Radhika , that might be coming...and that might be the drastic step that might finally make Dev open his eyes to what Rohan is...

Originally posted by why6

[

Dev's frown was very interesting as it was Puja ladoo (prasad) that Rohan threw this time.  So Dev didn't like it as he has respect for such things.  Now would chunnu munnu follow up on this scene or will they just let it make a stand-alone scene.  They have a tendency to do that as many times there is no continuity of reactions.  Afterall, if they can show Padma forgetting her daughter and the entire PF forgetting about her,  they can show anything and change anything at anytime.  They did that with CB1 where they changed the entire history in year 2 (suddenly the property that could be transferred to Radhika was only attached to RP title, change of timing of Dev's confession of Radhika being his DG  and so on).   I hope they show it because the seeds of distrust start building slowly and usually somebody doesn't have a switch button where they like a person one day and hate that person the other day.  Usually, it starts with small events which start creating doubt in one's mind about one's beliefs and then a small seed of doubt starts becoming big as the events that challenge those beliefs continue to happen.

Yes thats my thought too...usually people notice small things but then the number of small things steadily increase and that makes the person step back and rethink his decisions. Here Dev was packed off to the hostel so he might not have been aware of exactly how spoiled Rohan is but now he has seen it for himself...Rohan had a temper tantrum and as a rsult he threw pooja ka ladoo on the floor and no one told him off. In other houses he would have got a whack for doing this. But knowing chunnu munnu I am not too sure whether they will make Dev think...when they removed one character from the story after introducing her (Padmas daughter)...what an irresponsible bunch these people are, so why will the audience trust them.  

I too hope they make Rohan grey rather than an outright villain.  He is a good actor and would hate to see him in one-dimensional role.  They did that with Shantanu and ruined the entire track.  Hope they don't do it here.

Yes...Saurav is a good actor and he can handle the switch between good and bad...and Rohan as a character has those layers in him...he is spoilt, self centered but he did give Dev some good advice...he did stand up for Dev before anyone else...he uses Dev maybe because no one has stopped him from doing that...maybe Radhika can change that...In real life also good influence and guidance does work, so why not give Rohan that chance and they will get more tracks out of him. 
As far as Radhika is concerned,  usually people especially women know when somebody is giving them that kind of vibes.  Rohan was quite creepy and his questions were also not that of an innocent child.
Yes...and he was repeatedly coming into her personal space and a woman usually knows when that happens.  

The problem with all these tracks is that they never show any realization on anybody's part.  They showed Radhika getting happy at Shanti's acceptance where she even went to the temple.  But then there was no realization that she was deceived by her.  She didn't confide in Shanti but still there were no emotions shown at that time.

I think she was so obsessed about finding the identity of KK that all those things did not strike her...because that is what she has been taught. To not pay attention t Shanti and do what she has to do. That has helped her a lot but the downside is that she does not understand that another human being should not behave like this with her. The same thing is happening with Dev now...she is again focussed on her aim and she is not seeing what others might see as abuse. Goal oriented people do that...they only think about their goals and how to achieve that and everything else becomes secondary. But at some oint there has to be realisation in her that there has to be a balance specially if she is going to become the future RPtian...and I am not sure whether the creatives will show that.

Same with Dev.  So far they haven't shown any remorse on his part for abusing Radhika  much and that too repeatedly.  Now we are all assuming that he would be remorseful at one point, but again there is no gauarantee.  They can just show him feeling betrayed at Rohan's nature and Radhika consoling him by telling him that it wasn't his fault.  But will they ever show him realizing that it was wrong behavior regardless of what he perceived to be "Radhika's sins."  That one human being doesn't behave like that with another human being or if they do, they apologize profusely and don't repeat it again.
Again with Dev...he also does not know that what he is doing is abuse because that is what he has grown up with...but again at some point he should also show remorse after he realises what he has done but like you not too sure whether the creatives will show that.

I hope they are going with your underlined words where BB is getting freaked out with Radhika's actions and in her mistake allowed Radhika and Dev to go alone where probably both start knowing each other and get close mentally.  So Dev starts become more objective where  his family is concerned and starts to question the status quo.  I hope it is not dumbing down of Radhika in order to prop up negative characters.

The reason why I am worried about dumbing down is because they have done this before and badi bahu can only become strong if Radhika is dumbed down...badi bahu is an artificially hyped up character in this story. 

Was wondering about that too.  Is she happy because she is falling for the real Dev?  Or she is happy that Dev is accepting her despite not knowing the truth from Rohan?  

Might be Dev accepting her slowly despite not knowing the truth from Rohan.
Originally posted by rajsri

Misti ... i did not watch the few episodes leading to the SR during the Abhay/Rads phase of CB1 (was travelling)  ... hmmm wish they would'nt do that ...  if they are using the circumstances again, i hope they show Rads reacting differently this time around .. i do want Rads to continue to ignore Dev and show him that she is miffed at him
i liked today's episode primarily bcos it is the beginning of showing dev that rads is not the self centered girl he thinks she is ... i think they could have done this in PB but Dev in PB seems to be very duty bound and totally obsessed with his work  ... maybe getting him out of there is what works

Rajsri I also liked the spisode because they showed that Dev is slowly getting to know the real Radhika but the similarities in the scene and the choice of the same song irritated me...Dev gets strongly influenced by the people in that house so for him to think objectively most probably he needs to come out of that surrounding.

I do like Dev's "rough and tough" personality ... but the creatives should not do anything to mess with his underlying character ...  they have to continue to show him as being intensely protective, possessive of Rads even as he is fighting his feelings for her ... any ambiguity there will not be liked by the audience ... and a lot of them are watching for Dev as much as Rads  ... as you have said before, he is competing with dev from Cb1
Dev as a kid was intensively protective and possessive about his things...he almost ended up hitting virat because virat was snatching his book...so that possessiveness and protective nature is there in him and if the creatives mess about with that then the audience will not like it...

If there is any saving to be done or any goondas to be thrashed i do hope they have dev do that .. and teach chenu a lesson at the same time .. waiting for some dishum dishum scenes from dev  ... the rohan/dev dishum dishum scenes can wait for a couple of weeks 😉
Yes...I am just wondering whether Chenu might change now...if Rohan is becoming negative then some other character should become positive to balance him out...so just wondering whether Chenu will be that person and whether he will enter the Purohit Mansion...I mean brought in to keep him out of trouble.

As far as rohan is concerned, i hope they keep him grey ... jealous and obsessed ... but not crossing the line and trying to kill or physically harm either dev or rads
Yes...but a molestation scene might be coming up.
It would be a pity if the TRPs were low the past 10 days since the story telling has improved ... let's see

yeh lets see...the false wife entrance damaged the show a lot...lets see whether it has managed to recover.
Originally posted by chalhov

Misti interesting analysis and everyones ideas  and my thoughts about the room was they shot from another angle as once Dev was also shown standing there so it did not appear odd to me but Rohanis he is acting is slowly becoming obvious that he is not what he is and today it was getting obvious and as u said it started from Radhika's vrat day for me but the pehli rasoi was also bit odd.

liked the way they are showing Dev's thoughts now and was laughing thinking of you and Angie and i am now liking the way he is with Radhika not so frowning😉 though still a long way to go lets see how they bring this change of Fruitcake he was quite impressed at Phuljari's daan of her fruit to his family😉and was 😆about Dhaba and Pakoras was reminded of your post where you were quite annoyed at them wasting 2 plates of good pakoras😆😉 hope they dont waste it this time.
 well I liked the story today including Chenu Ashanti convo. By the way were did the maha kavi GD disappear.
Thanks Chalhov...well I hope this time they do not waste any pakoras...here I want to eat pakoras,...not the one made at home but from the street because they are the most delicious and there they were wasting them. Not fair. Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
 Misti liked your comments along with Angie  and you have very keen observation to look in to the small details , After reading your comments i saw the repeat...Only then little details comes in to observation ...Think creatives are again in to some ride for the bullet train , why have to disclose the secret of Rohan,s faking act , viewers were already in to guessing game of his faking act , should have gone for some time with the track ...Rohan is really good , was adorable when acting lika a kid and when was in Radhika,s room and talking to her  had psycho kind of expressions and changing them ...Would like to see him in grey color as he can do justice in both the shades ...If he was recovered already and according to promo wants Radhika as his wife then why did he put Halwa in Dev,s Mouth first ...May be he will be negative in the starting to make Dev confess of his relations with Radhika , if not so  his intention and become possessive about Radhika  and misbehaves with her as per his nature , become violent, that will open Dev,s eyes  and will realize his mistakes ...Maheshwari also realized very soon about Radhika, here again i think are moving fast ...Found Dev,s expressions funny when Maheshwari told him to take the Radhika , it was kind of he knew something like this was coming ...Now should give them some moments to know each other so that building some kind of bonding between them ... Viewers wants to see their some kind of connection which can be turned in to spiritual bonding ...Chhenu,s problem will add something to their relationship...May be Dev will take Chhenu to Mathura to keep him out of the trouble and he will be Behna,s ally in solving the mystery ...Hope they should not show the promos of revealing the  secret, which kills the curiosity of coming tracks . let viewers also in to guessing game...
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Radhika,s room and talking to her  had psycho kind of expressions and changing them ...Would like to see him in grey color as he can do justice in both the shades ...If he was recovered already and according to promo wants Radhika as his wife then why did he put Halwa in Dev,s Mouth first ...

Neerja,  I am ok with that.  Radhika is the one for whom these rituals are important.  She didn't want anybody else to put Holi color on her cheeks.  She considers all of these things associated with the wedding very personal and has always considered to be a right of her KK who is Dev now.

Padma is obsessed with superstitions and hence these rituals are important to her.

The rituals are making Dev nervous because he is getting influenced by Radhika's faith.  So he doesn't believe in child's marriage but wants to accept it deep down.  Hence when Radhika brings up faith again and again by citing incompletion or completion of rituals, he starts getting doubts.  Also, there is a subconscious possessiveness in Dev about Radhika.  He did turn his head when Rohan was going to eat Halwa and then was spooked when he fed him instead.

As far as Rohan is concerned, he is not too bothered about the rituals.  He only wants Radhika to love him and lack of her feelings bother him because he is too spoilt and used to getting what he wants.  Here, it is more than likely that he was observing Radhika and Dev's reaction.  Radhika was quite reluctant to give him halwa (only Dev and Rohan paid attention to that fact and others put it down to Padma's effect) and then was ecstatic when Dev got fed first.  So Rohan was testing her.  It is not Dev he is testing here as Dev had already given up his claim on Radhika.  It is Radhika whom he now suspects of loving Dev so much that she came to their house before the wedding and is now there acting as his wife.

Neerja,  I am ok with that.  Radhika is the one for whom these rituals are important.  She didn't want anybody else to put Holi color on her cheeks.  She considers all of these things associated with the wedding very personal and has always considered to be a right of her KK who is Dev now.

Padma is obsessed with superstitions and hence these rituals are important to her.

The rituals are making Dev nervous because he is getting influenced by Radhika's faith.  So he doesn't believe in child's marriage but wants to accept it deep down.  Hence when Radhika brings up faith again and again by citing completion or completion of rituals, he starts getting doubts.  Also, there is a subconscious possessiveness in Dev about Radhika.  He did turn his head when Rohan was going to eat Halwa and then was spooked when he fed him instead.

As far as Rohan is concerned, he is not too bothered about the rituals.  He only wants Radhika to love him and lack of her feelings bother him because he is too spoilt and used to getting what he wants.  Here, it is more than likely that he was observing Radhika and Dev's reaction.  Radhika was quite reluctant to give him halwa (only Dev and Rohan paid attention to that fact and others put it down to Padma's effect) and then was ecstatic when Dev got fed first.  So Rohan was testing her.  It is not Dev he is testing here as Dev had already given up his claim on Radhika.  It is Radhika whom he now suspects of loving Dev so much that she came to their house before the wedding and is now there acting as his wife.

But Radhika told him at the time of the last fera that she loves someone else , then where is the question of suspecting , Ok now i get you , he (rohan) wanted to know is it Dev ...That halwa part was  not accident, he wanted to see the reaction of Radhika ...Agree with you Angie ...Why are in such hurry to disclose the secret of Rohan , and i think this track is not going to  come in  the near future...In fact promo is the problem otherwise it would have been Rohan,s positive act
Edited by neerjashingla - 12 years ago
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Misti liked your comments along with Angie  and you have very keen observation to look in to the small details , After reading your comments i saw the repeat...Only then little details comes in to observation ...
Think creatives are again in to some ride for the bullet train , why have to disclose the secret of Rohan,s faking act , viewers were already in to guessing game of his faking act , should have gone for some time with the track ...Rohan is really good , was adorable when acting lika a kid and when was in Radhika,s room and talking to her  had psycho kind of expressions and changing them ...Would like to see him in grey color as he can do justice in both the shades ...If he was recovered already and according to promo wants Radhika as his wife then why did he put Halwa in Dev,s Mouth first ...May be he will be negative in the starting to make Dev confess of his relations with Radhika , if not so  his intention and become possessive about Radhika  and misbehaves with her as per his nature , become violent, that will open Dev,s eyes  and will realize his mistakes ...Maheshwari also realized very soon about Radhika, here again i think are moving fast ...Found Dev,s expressions funny when Maheshwari told him to take the Radhika , it was kind of he knew something like this was coming ...Now should give them some moments to know each other so that building some kind of bonding between them ... Viewers wants to see their some kind of connection which can be turned in to spiritual bonding ...Chhenu,s problem will add something to their relationship...May be Dev will take Chhenu to Mathura to keep him out of the trouble and he will be Behna,s ally in solving the mystery ...Hope they should not show the promos of revealing the  secret, which kills the curiosity of coming tracks . let viewers also in to guessing game...

Thanks Neerja.😉

They are moving a bit fast now...they have enough in their hands to gradually unravel the plots...they have potentially good tracks in their hand...my main worry is that they themselves are their worst enemy. I mean the creatives themselves spoil something that could have been good.They have done this before and thats why I am wary. Rohan is perfectly placed to become a grey character...he has the layers in his characterisation to switch either way and Saurav as an actor has it in him to carry a grey character...so they should be given a chance. Also if Rohan is grey then the tracks will automatically come from him. As for Dev and Radhika, their relationship should be growing slowly which as you have said should slowly show the audience that they are soulmates...they do have their own problems but thos problems should be slowly removed to show how these two are actually one. As for Chenu, I was also wondering whether he will be brought to the Purohit house to keep him out of trouble. 

Angie this sentence of yours is the reason behind my doubts about Padma...if she is so superstitious then why did she send her kangan as shagun to Radhika...she is a widow so she should have thought about it and not send it. Earlier she used to answer back Mahashwari regarding her jibes on widowhood...there might be two reasons...either this accident has brough out the hidden insecurites and guilt in her and she has found a guinea pig in Radhika to lash out because she does not want to face the thought that somewhere she was also wrong (the rituals before marriage were not completed, the deeya blew out and a superstitious person will believe in all that)...or she is not what she is showing now and is with Rohan in this plan of his...she is not convinced when Dev refused that the letter was from Radhika and this is also her way of checking things out.
Originally posted by misti73

Angie this sentence of yours is the reason behind my doubts about Padma...if she is so superstitious then why did she send her kangan as shagun to Radhika...she is a widow so she should have thought about it and not send it. Earlier she used to answer back Mahashwari regarding her jibes on widowhood...there might be two reasons...either this accident has brough out the hidden insecurites and guilt in her and she has found a guinea pig in Radhika to lash out because she does not want to face the thought that somewhere she was also wrong (the rituals before marriage were not completed, the deeya blew out and a superstitious person will believe in all that)...or she is not what she is showing now and is with Rohan in this plan of his...she is not convinced when Dev refused that the letter was from Radhika and this is also her way of checking things out.
Misti, I would rather either one of the options you mentioned to justify her behavior as her reaction is very extreme considering that she herself was taunted by Maheswari all her life.  So as you mentioned, why did she sent her kangans?  Or it could be totally nothing and Padma is acting this way because they need her to do so for this track.  Since she is blaming Radhika, she is aiding Radhika indirectly by making Maheswari give Radhika Dev's room or sending her for pagpheras with Dev and so on.  So again it could be artificial changing of the character.

Yesterday's episode was a mixture.  Rohan's good acting and a suspense track was needlessly destroyed.  Didn't like Maheswari's turnabout too.  It would have been better if they had seen her sending Radhika for Pagpheras at this time because for now she doesn't need Radhika as she is busy with the will thing and would rather get this ritual over with so that she can concentrate on Radhika once she comes back for good.  

Like you I feel as if the track suddenly changed again or got twisted in the different direction.   Last week the articles were about Radhika exposing Maheswari and now suddenly that has taken a back seat.

You mentioned Chenu coming to Mathura.  That makes sense as Dev can help Radhika's family that way and earn her gratitude.  He can give him a job or something.  Also Radhika is not attached to Chanda and her coming to PB would be artificial but Chenu would be a good character to come to PB especially to balance out negative character of Rohan.  He is street smart and can figure out things that Radhika is missing at PB.